Rover's Guide To KSP: Interstellar Extended: The Acullbierre drive.

Rover 6428

From my own experience, I know that Interstellar Extended can be quite complicated to figure out, so I made this post to minimise the fuss.

In the KSP @FreeThinker's Interstellar Extended mod, there is a number of very cool futuristic parts, and sometimes it can get quite hard to find out how to best use those parts.

One of the best examples of such a feature is the Acullbierre drive (a.k.a the Warp Drive)

As most parts in IE and in KSP in general, the Acullbierre drive requires a few more parts to function. To fully understand how a warp drive functions, we are going to use an example ship I’ve built.

be6488e59afd7fd1c374e8c016c18926d2d9bf69r1-1136-2048v2_hq.jpg

It’s parts fall into these main categories:

-Means of control (Duh)

- Reactor (mega joules generator)

- Secondary power source (mega joules are considered a different resource, so it is best that there is at least a solar panel on the ship)

-Acullbierre Drive

-Radiators (an absolute MUST for almost any system in IE)

Secondary Propulsion system (When exiting warp, you will be going at the exact speed you left at, so you will want to make some adjustments so that you don’t fall into or escape the planet you’re going after)

With most parts being pretty self explanatory, there are two features I need to address: The drive and the reactor.

Reactors are parts that generate electricity. Some do more than others but they may also require more resources or last less long. Make sure to read the description of them to make sure your ship has the required resources. As well as that, many reactors have different configurations, meaning that some can utilize different configurations of resources. These are different for every reactor, so make sure you choose the one that suits you best.

(Most reactors can be fitted with an extra “thermal” reactor. Those utilize the excess heat your reactor/Acullbierre drive produce and repurpose it as electricity. They can go great with reactors as they increase the power output greatly)

Acullbierre drive comes in three different shapes: small, large and compact. These differ in the amount of mass they can transport, so make sure you have the correct one (they can also stack BTW)

When everything is set up and the reactors are working, go to the drive menu (via right click) to start the drive. CAUTION: this act will generate a lot of excess heat, so be sure you either have enough radiators or your actions are quick!!!

When the reactor is charged (the exotic matter bar is full) select your destination on map screen, point there and turn the warp drive on!

27301f323c9c891929245b817129329c9c7b8da6r1-1920-1080v2_hq.jpg

Tip: one of the readings on the drive menu is the current warp speed. You can increase and decrease that with the appropriate buttons on the menu. Make sure you you slow down quickly enough though!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.