Rational Resources 2.0.4 [Feb 22, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

Next update for RR will primarily feature protection against the filename extension mixup that happens with the WBI play mode switcher, and Graviolium resource presence always active regardless of the play mode (for BlueShift ISRU).

Blacksmith is finally going to handle nuclear fuel storage (meant for when NF Electric is not installed). Also, I'm adding a 4th level (needs CTT) and I'm making it so that Blacksmith stats are dynamic (stats scale with crew capacity and will be reflected in tooltips).

There will also be a Blacksmith Family patch (not made by me) which assimilates EL workshops and smelters.

7iP3z9m.png

Some MM errors with the MiningExpansion
Also cryotanks somehow cancels patch for the maxcooling = req. cooling of the miniISRU.
fixed there https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/RationalResources/pull/30
ksp.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hmuEB3Oieok-QHSE?e=NVZ4NC

UPD.
Added support of RR to the CPT there: CommunityPartsTitles/.../CPT_RationalResourcesParts_patch.cfg

Edited by flart

Hi,

I would like to use Rational Resources with Kerbalism, however after install its not working. No other mods were installed (apart from dependencies)

I have checked the KSP.log file, and can see Kerbalism load the RationalResourcesKerbalism profile, and can see the new processes get added, and no obvious errors are shown. No errors when adding the part in VAB either.

However, ingame VAB/SPH, there is no additional options (processes as they are called) added under configure by Rational Resources over the default ones included with Kerbalism.

To recreate this, install Kerbalism with its default config and then install rational resources, (GameData is RationalResources, RationalResourcesParts, RationalResourcesKerbalism), then load the game place in any ISRU or chemical plant and the ISRU is broken, same for drills, etc (anything that interracts with Rational Resources and Kerbalism).

I have had a look over the Kerbalism configs for RationalResources (in RationalResourcesKerbalism) to see if I could figure out what is wrong, but unfortunately I do not know enough about this to be able to figure this out.

Mods and Game Version

KSP 1.11.1

Kerbalism 3.12

Kerbalism - Default Config 3.12

RationalResources 1.15

Any Ideas? I would really like to use this mod with Kerbalism for the added ISRU chains and with the added realism to resource distribution on planets.

Look forward to hearing from any of you :)

Thank You!

On 3/8/2021 at 2:42 AM, DatSparrow said:

However, ingame VAB/SPH, there is no additional options (processes as they are called) added under configure by Rational Resources over the default ones included with Kerbalism.

I have this issue too, but it only applies to the boxed de/compressors in my case. My chemical plants and all of their associated processes work just fine with Kerbalism installed.

Release 1.16.0

DOWNLOAD :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

• Added Restock+ APU to, and removed CryoTanks from RR CCK.
  • Added drill support for the standalone "Ventral Drill for stock ISRU" mod.
  • Added integration for Snacks! LS: Create Snacks from Hydrates (CRP) or Rock (Classic Stock).
  • Added Extras:
    • RR_BlacksmithFamily.cfg which allows for parts to opt-in and have Blacksmith style furnace or workshop (compatible with EL) and does opt-in on EL workshops and smelters.
  • Changed part desc heads-up color from green to blue.
  • Enabled Convert-O-Trons that opt-in to have configurable efficiency multiplier and configurable slot count (for mod plugins that facilitate module switching such as Kerbalism and WBI OmniConverters).
  • Fixed (inaccessible) bug with LqdHe3 placement in Mun (specific) template.
  • Fixed and revised Kerbalism integration.
  • Revised opt-in patches for converters, harvesters and Ore tanks.
  • Updated Extras:
    • RR_ScienceLabBlacksmith.cfg: Added 4th level (not available in stock tech tree) and added support for nuclear material tanks for use when NF Electric not installed; Added Classic Stock support.
    • RR_BlacksmithFamily.cfg: Added Classic Stock support.
  • Updated NEEDS and filenames concerning CRP vs Classic Stock to reduce fatal errors concerning WBI Play Mode switching.

Thanks to the watchful fellows on GitHub with their PRs and contributions. :)

10 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Release 1.16.0

DOWNLOAD :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

• Added Restock+ APU to, and removed CryoTanks from RR CCK.
  • Added drill support for the standalone "Ventral Drill for stock ISRU" mod.
  • Added integration for Snacks! LS: Create Snacks from Hydrates (CRP) or Rock (Classic Stock).
  • Added Extras:
    • RR_BlacksmithFamily.cfg which allows for parts to opt-in and have Blacksmith style furnace or workshop (compatible with EL) and does opt-in on EL workshops and smelters.
  • Changed part desc heads-up color from green to blue.
  • Enabled Convert-O-Trons that opt-in to have configurable efficiency multiplier and configurable slot count (for mod plugins that facilitate module switching such as Kerbalism and WBI OmniConverters).
  • Fixed (inaccessible) bug with LqdHe3 placement in Mun (specific) template.
  • Fixed and revised Kerbalism integration.
  • Revised opt-in patches for converters, harvesters and Ore tanks.
  • Updated Extras:
    • RR_ScienceLabBlacksmith.cfg: Added 4th level (not available in stock tech tree) and added support for nuclear material tanks for use when NF Electric not installed; Added Classic Stock support.
    • RR_BlacksmithFamily.cfg: Added Classic Stock support.
  • Updated NEEDS and filenames concerning CRP vs Classic Stock to reduce fatal errors concerning WBI Play Mode switching.

Thanks to the watchful fellows on GitHub with their PRs and contributions. :)

Thank You!

@dxeh I fixed the AtmoScoops problem. Look for a 1.16.1 download. Thanks for spotting. But the Pump problem is due to you having old files left over. That pump config should no longer exist. When you install a mod update, delete its folders first.

After updating to 1.16.2 I started to get errors from ModuleManager about  RationalResourcesParts/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks.cfg.

8 errors , all relating to the refVolume key. Seems MM can't find the #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$ variable.

[LOG 05:21:01.086] Applying update RationalResourcesParts/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesParts] to MiningExpansion/Parts/Mk2OreTank/part.cfg/PART[SMX_Mk2Oretank]
[ERR 05:21:01.086] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[WRN 05:21:01.086] Cannot find key refVolume in PART
[ERR 05:21:01.086] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$
[LOG 05:21:01.087] Applying update RationalResourcesParts/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesParts] to MiningExpansion/Parts/Mk3OreTank/HugeTank.cfg/PART[SMX_Mk3OreTank]
[ERR 05:21:01.087] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[WRN 05:21:01.087] Cannot find key refVolume in PART
[ERR 05:21:01.087] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$
[LOG 05:21:01.087] Applying update RationalResourcesParts/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesParts] to MiningExpansion/Parts/Size0OreTank/Microtank.cfg/PART[SMX_Size0OreTank]
[ERR 05:21:01.087] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[WRN 05:21:01.088] Cannot find key refVolume in PART
[ERR 05:21:01.088] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$
[LOG 05:21:01.088] Applying update RationalResourcesParts/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesParts] to MiningExpansion/Parts/Size3OreTank/HugeTank.cfg/PART[SMX_Size3OreTank]
[ERR 05:21:01.088] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[WRN 05:21:01.088] Cannot find key refVolume in PART
[ERR 05:21:01.088] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$

Turns out this is because another patch from another mod (Configurable Containers) deletes the RESOURCE[Ore] module earlier in the patching order.

I fixed it personally by simply replacing :FOR[RationalResourcesParts] with :BEFORE[ConfigurableContainers] to Opt-in_OreTanks.cfg but I don't know if this will work for everyone, (what happens if no ConfigurableContainers? I'm a bit hazy on MM patch ordering rules wrt modname variables that don't exist).

Maybe better to add !ConfigurableContainers to NEEDS directive in Opt-in_OreTanks.cfg?

@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock,!ConfigurableContainers]:FOR[RationalResourcesParts]

I guess I don't / should'nt  need to use both B9PartSwitch and Configurable Containers? I'll leave it up to smarter ppl to decide best action from here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - am I crazy, or are the MM patches in the RationalResourcesParts  resulting in duplicate converter modules with slightly different stats for the stock ISRU parts? One has a Tag=RR while the other does not.
I have a pretty heavily modded game, so it might be something else - is anyone else seeing something similar?

Here's the relevant snippet from my ModuleManagerCache

Edited by AtomicRocketBooster
length

About water on the Mun. I'm a bit confused.

Look at these screen shots:

https://imgur.com/nlxr1El

https://imgur.com/Mix5t5X

The water concentration is the highest in the polar crater biome and lowest at the area around the poles. However there are plenty of places around the north pole that never get any direct sun light  due to the extreme relative highs and lows of the terrain there, and the entire polar crater gets sun light periodically.  So wouldn't it make more sense if the water concentration was highest in the poles biomes and 0 in the polar crater? I think that's how the distribution of water on the Mun should be, or at least something close to that. 

Here's some more screen shots with the ambient light boost set to 100%:

https://imgur.com/olXSJkd

https://imgur.com/7fkD4AL

The top one is a probe I landed in a very deep hole around 6 or 8 KM deep very close to the north pole, and the second is a view of the hole from under the surface of the Mun. The bottom is perpetually dark and probably one of the coldest places in the Kerbal's solar system yet there is no water. The pictures were taken in a modded version of ksp, but I checked the resource distribution in a new minimally modded save and it was the same.

Ok, I fixed it. In the files named "zSetTemplates_Biomes.cfg" changed all the "Polar Crater" or "Polar?Crater"... entries? variables? I don't know what to call them, but I changed them all to "Polar Lowlands" and "Polar?Lowlands" respectively and now the water distribution make much more sense. 

North Pole:

https://imgur.com/UgXTWtS

South Pole:

https://imgur.com/S62dlnV

In the Mun Hole with the very thirsty probe:

https://imgur.com/BMNC3UY

Great mod btw. I really like the extra layer of challenge and strategy it provides for ISRU. It's why I went through the trouble posting on this forum and searching through config files to fix a problem I had with it.

Cheers.

idk why, this maybe a glitch but all fuel tanks default to structural instead of LFO and i need to manually set it to LFO/Monopropellant/Whatever the default fuel is. if thats a feature then thats on my but if you need a log to fix it then ask me

Does this mod do anything to the resource distributions from the Space Dust mod? Digging into the cfgs, it looks like no - Space Dust uses SPACEDUST_RESOURCE while RR looks like it makes all its changes to GLOBAL/PLANETARY/BIOME_RESOURCE definitions.

FWIW I think this is probably the way it should be, but wanted to make sure.

22 hours ago, AtomicRocketBooster said:

Does this mod do anything to the resource distributions from the Space Dust mod?

No.

Space Dust configs are very complicated and I don't play with that mod so I can't promise support for it. I made Space Dust Bunnies which helps with the stock planets and JNSQ but since I dont play, that's technically abandoned.