Rational Resources 2.0.6 [Apr 02, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

I notice there isn't argon, and xenon gas harvesting on the exoscoop. the normal miners dont have lithium, and the atmoscoop still has xenon, but none of the parts have a lithium or argon production pipeline? Is there a simple way to add that?

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

So to clarify this does work with Real Fuel?

Looks like. The extent of the ISRUis avalible on the first page.

Edited by Mossconfig

5 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

So to clarify this does work with Real Fuel?

Yes it does, as the thread title suggests, but mainly only in the resource converting/ propellant production department. Options for fuel cells and RCS aren't all there as I need to be informed on those. I'm not an RF user myself.

4 hours ago, Mossconfig said:

I notice there isn't argon, and xenon gas harvesting on the exoscoop. the normal miners dont have lithium, and the atmoscoop still has xenon, but none of the parts have a lithium or argon production pipeline? Is there a simple way to add that?

Argon and Xenon already have very low chances to appear in atmosphere, and extremely low abundance there anyway that it doesn't make sense to me to put them in exosphere. There is a yellow brick road to these, though. Mine Hydrates from a body's surface --> Hydrates Splitter --> Argon, Xenon and other things.

As for Lithium, mine Spodumene from the surface --> Spodumene Splitter --> Lithium + Metal (for EL) + Silicates.

4 hours ago, Mossconfig said:

Looks like. The extent of the ISRUis avalible on the first page.

Thanks for mentioning. I did not remember to show the RealFuels tables there. That's fixed now, and here'se the imgur ablum if you're interested: https://imgur.com/a/1QYI84c

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Release 1.31

DOWNLOAD :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

• Added WBI Play Mode UI configs for some Extras.
  • Added Classic Stock Only tank switch to Extras/RationalResourcesSSPXRTanks/ for whoever may find that useful. (Not tested with CRP installed.)
  • Fixed Boxed Compressor and Decompressor. They were being treated as Convert-O-Trons. This issue bricked players hoping to take advantage of CO and CO2.
  • Fixed missing flow mode parameter in all instances in WBI OmniConverter integration.
  • Nerfed the Mk1 and Mk2 SMX generators. They were quite OP.
  • Updated Procedural Gas Tank options to not have so much dry mass.
  • Updated Procedural Gas Tank options to try to be equivalent with short 2.5m tanks for NFP ArgonGas and CryoTanks LH2.
  • Updated Procedural Liquid Tank option to include LqdMethane (unpaired)... CryoTanks does not provide this.

Well, last release all files were Unix (LF) UTF-8, now they're all Windows (CR LF) UTF-8. On syncronize this makes them all show a difference although they don't differ.

I know that Github is to blame somehow, in my experience rls have the encoding as the dev's wish but repo clones do not. And it can happen that it's mixmatched and you don't see it as Notepad++ opens both without a quirk.

On 11/19/2021 at 9:07 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Uh, it would seem that I really messed up, and the boxed compressor and decompressor have all the wrong options!

Delete this section from this file to fix it: 00_ConvertOTrons_Opt-in.cfg, lines 18 ~ 23

Sorry. I've decided to have no business at all with Space Dust. But it should be easy enough for you to get things done if you get around the B9 problem. Fundamentally, what you do is to patch out the Space Dust specific harvester modules, then patch it into RR via the extremely simple to use technique in the opt-in configs here (whichever is appropriate to each part).

Thank you, JadeOfMaar!  You are a Prince among Men!

• 2 weeks later...

Release 1.32

DOWNLOAD :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

Bulk fixes for Classic Stock Resources:

• Added missing surface templates.
  • Added missing (CRP Antimatter and) Graviolium in gas planet templates.
  • Added missing gas planet, ocean and surface templates.
  • Buffed GrayWater presence (to be partially treated like Hydrates).
  • Fixed Ore presences.
  • Nerfed Rock presence.
  • Removed old gas planet templates.
  • Changed Zeonium abundances (to be partially treated like Substrate).

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Is there a patch for this and Configurable Containers? Doesn't seem to leave me the option to store any of the new resources in the CC ore tanks.

Sorry. I don't use CC... but I know what needs to be done. TankTypes.cfg in AT_Utils needs to be amended to cater for RR.

55 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sorry. I don't use CC... but I know what needs to be done. TankTypes.cfg in AT_Utils needs to be amended to cater for RR.

Is it as simple as adding a line like:

@TANKTYPE[Soil]:NEEDS[KolonyTools] //cfd
{ @PossibleResources ^= :$: Dirt 1; Mulch 1; Fertilizer 1; ExoticMinerals 1; MetallicOre 1; Substrate 1; Minerals 1; Polymers 1; Hydrates 1; Gypsum 1; Silicates 1; Silicon 1; Organics 1; RefinedExotics  1;: }

but replacing [KolonyTools] with [RationalResources] and replacing the resource names with the ones from this mod? And I guess probably needs another similar line for liquids and another for gases?

Is there a convenient list of the names for all the resources somewhere?

• 4 weeks later...

ISRU from the Mining Extension doesn't have the CryoTanks Converters if there is RR + RR Companion.

CRP + Mining Extension + CryoTanks + RR + RR Companion = No "LH2", "LH2+Ox" Converters from the CryoTanks on the Mining Extension ISRUs

CRP + Mining Extension + CryoTanks = "LH2", "LH2+Ox" converters on the Mining Extension ISRUs

I confirmed the bug on the smaller install:

ksp.log no RR https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-iBfPw6b1p-5cR8Ve
ksp.log RR https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-iBjPV-Ft4zTiFWeq

Edited by flart

I seem to be having some kind of issue when using the Mk2 Expansion and Rational Resources Squad together.  I get a few of these.  

[LOG 07:30:19.099] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Mk2Expansion/Parts/FuelTank/ServiceTank/part/M2X_UST'
[WRN 07:30:19.112] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[ERR 07:30:19.114] [ERROR] [Part M2X.UST] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Structural

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13QrqJHRe5oIiIQS9XnEbBQLE-9WxKY7u/view?usp=sharing

@flart CryoTanks became defensive about its LH2 producing modules and RR. RR gets patched out, and RR now tries to not provide LH2 features when CryoTanks is present. Regardless, you should see a converter option named "Hydrolox" if it exists, and RR's own demands Water, not Ore. RR only provides this one option, with DumpExcess = True applied to the Oxidizer output, which means if Oxidizer is full or unavailable, the converter won't stop producing LH2. This removes the need for a separate option for producing only LH2. Stock could have done this with its LFO option, and skipped the redundant LiquidFuel option.

@eberkain Thanks for noticing. That's an easy fix. I didn't anticipate duplicate subtype issue happening with Structural type. Open RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/TankTypes.cfg and do this:

// at line 132, replace
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Structural
			title = Structural
		}

// with
		%SUBTYPE[Structural]
		{
			%title = Structural
		}

Let me know if the issue stops.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hi! I am the player behind PR40. I saw the issues behind kerbalism and the missing Metal resource and immediately thought why is it even an issue? I'd love to hear in put here on forums, where more players are. Extraplanetary Lauchpads uses custom Metal and MetalOre resources, why not use very similar ones that are already present in Community Resource Pack: MetallicOre and Metals? As I am the kind of person who has to code something before talking about it, the pull request was born. There will have to be a patch for EpL to use this new Metals, but EpL has not received much updates, so I am considering (not so) Simple Constructions. If patching EpL or SCons turns out to be too hard, a 1:1 by mass convertotron of Metals to Metal could be used.

@Veronika Kerman Hi there. The issue is that RR currently conditionally defines MetalOre and Metal if EL is not present, that means the use of MM operations. Kerbalism watches for resource definitions before MM is loaded --> before the conditional definitions are read (which means that without EL, these resources don't exist yet). Kerbalism has already made up its mind on whether resources exist or not so it complains before it gets to see RR's conditional definitions executed. I've decided to remove these conditions (the :NEEDS) -- RR will define them regardless of whether EL is already present (in which case, EL defines them first if present) and will trade the big issue of resources being undefined for the harmless issue of duplicate definition, which MM will handle. I'm taking this action firstly to resolve edge cases with B9PS, SSPXr and SimpleConstruction, where somehow, these resources are still undefined and B9PS (instead of Kerbalism) gives a fatal error. This action should secondarily resolve the Kerbalism issue.

7 hours ago, Veronika Kerman said:

why not use very similar ones that are already present in Community Resource Pack

Not everyone who uses EL or SimpleConstruction will have CRP in their install-- they may be very lightly modded.

It would be a good idea to provide a Metal to Metals conversion (maybe within Ore tanks). This seems the lower effort thing to do. Its one small drawback would be adding a background process. The better yet potentially troublesome idea would be to produce a modlet that changes EL to use CRP resources, for CRP users, and have RR (and zer0kerbal's mods) bundle or depend on this. I don't mind creating and managing this modlet, but I'm not nerd enough to give the right numbers if I mess with EL's smelter formulas and change resources there. Speaking of which, Global Construction and MKS should have something like this already. But their patch also changes EL to output MaterialKits and possibly SpecializedParts. I don't use those mods so I'm personally not interested in those resources, neither the possible headache of conflicting with MKS' preferences and bothering RoverDude again.

@zer0Kerbal would need to get in on this, being the owner of SimpleConstruction (and Keridian Dynamics). For him this means adding a hard dependency on CRP (which many mods have anyway).

TL;DR

I'm feeling in favor of going the way of having either a Metal to Metals converter in Ore tanks (easy mode). But there's the (not-too-hard mode, comprehensive) option of creating an optional modlet that changes EL to use CRP MetallicOre and Metals, and having mine and zer0kerbal's mods be updated in kind, and dealing with potential support requests. (Example: causing a B9 tank type to no longer exist, as in your PR, will raise some eyebrows.)

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@zer0Kerbal would need to get in on this, being the owner of SimpleConstruction (and Keridian Dynamics). For him this means adding a hard dependency on CRP (which many mods have anyway).

CRP isn't a dependency, but it will not redefine resources (uses a :NEEDS(!CRP) in the definition file)

Am listening @JadeOfMaar

Thank you both for reply! I looked through the concerns you raised and am happy to say that those are not show stoppers. What am I proposing, and am already playing with on my save, is to replace Metal with Metals, to avoid issues with resources not being defined, or being defined twice. This mod description says that either CRP or Classic Stock resource pack has to be installed (am I correct?), Kerbalism, MKS, Global construction and SCons all require CRP. This means, my patch will have to handle the situation of Classic stock being installed instead of CRP. But in that case, no need to support Kerbalism.

For EpL, i already replaced the custom ones with cpr resources in my local install, but not yet in the form of MM patch. It is easy to do, because EL_ConverterRecipe uses mass units. SCons, just need their resource ratio corrected with densities. And MKS already uses Metals, so there is no change.

@AtomicRocketBooster Moved but not removed. RationalResourcesParts (which contains them) used to contain what is now RationalResourcesCompanion, but now is only the parts and is not vital to RR's functionality. In case you install RR via CKAN, CKAN didn't insist to install it, hence the parts are "missing."

@Veronika Kerman You want to use the Anthraquinone Process. That is Kerbalism's built-in Oxidizer production process. But Oxidizer is treated as HTP so it requires Hydrogen and Oxygen, not Ore.

The RR boxed compressor and decompressor have processes for (un)freezing gas form resources. Adding a process is easy but I'll have to create a sample config for just one process, and some helpful comments.

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Veronika Kerman You want to use the Anthraquinone Process. That is Kerbalism's built-in Oxidizer production process. But Oxidizer is treated as HTP so it requires Hydrogen and Oxygen, not Ore.

Thanks, but this will not work. The near future mods assume Oxidizer is LOx, and HTP would be very unfit.

Anyway, I really love this mod and want to improve it. What I am playing currently with, is hosted my wip github issue. I will be offline for couple of days.