Rational Resources 2.0.6 [Apr 02, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

6 hours ago, Sahadara said:

Can I play with Rational Resources and RealFuels but not Kerbalism?

Yes.

The non-Kerbalism RealFuels support is inside of RationalResourcesCompanion, but KerbalismRealFuels is its own folder because Kerbalism handles certain configs before MM gets to operate, so configs must be written and packaged differently/ with less dependence on MM.

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yes.

The non-Kerbalism RealFuels support is inside of RationalResourcesCompanion, but KerbalismRealFuels is its own folder because Kerbalism handles certain configs before MM gets to operate, so configs must be written and packaged differently/ with less dependence on MM.

Excellent thank you!

Hi @JadeOfMaar

Sorry to bother you but I've just got a quick question - I'm currently working on a custom profile for compatibility between the Skyhawk Science System and Kerbalism, and would like to use some portions of the RationalResourcesKerbalism code, specifically some of the processes and potentially the Freezer/Heater parts as part of it. Technically, I'm 99% sure RR's license allows for this, however, I think it's good practice to get permission from the mod author either way, so would you be alright with me doing this?

On 1/13/2022 at 9:20 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@eberkain Thanks for noticing. That's an easy fix. I didn't anticipate duplicate subtype issue happening with Structural type. Open RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/TankTypes.cfg and do this:

// at line 132, replace
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Structural
			title = Structural
		}

// with
		%SUBTYPE[Structural]
		{
			%title = Structural
		}

Let me know if the issue stops.

I tried this and no dice.  I thought I had it resolved, but now its back again... If I include the RR Squad option on CKAN I get the error from B9PartSwitch

There are two parts giving the error.  M2X_UST and M2X_ServiceBay

I looked into RR_MoreTankSwitches.cfg in the RRSquad folder and there is a M2X section, so I made the suggested change on line 247 and that resolved it. 

On 1/26/2022 at 1:55 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@Veronika Kerman About your two PRs, #40 and #41. Am I to assume that #40 is redundant and to be ignored? I'd like to accept #41 but I wonder if there may be overlap or conflicting actions between the two.

I made two to give a choice to you, as the maintainer. #40 is conservative in a sense that it only adds stuff. The other one includes the first, but removes MetalOre and Metal from harvesters, converters, solid rocket boosters and distributions.

I saw your comments in #41 and will of course move those distributions to the correct folder.

After my extra addition to KA was closed (it probably did not belong there, Sorry), the chicken atomics thing, that I made before someone showed me rational resources, found a new home on github as a separate ChickenAtomics mod for Nertea's KerbalAtomics. I wanted to share, because it uses liquid ammonia provided by this mod, to give player one extra consideration (with pros and cons) when building a atomic interplanetary vessel. It will be released after I test that last version works.

8 hours ago, eberkain said:

Which way did you end up going with it, as I play around more with small rockets it feels like the restock Oscar series tanks just dont have enough fuel for their size. 

I reduced the amount in the Oscar B so that it fits into the capacity scaling with the other tanks (It should hold about 8 LF, 10 OX). I am not adding a buff to the other tanks.

2 hours ago, Veronika Kerman said:

After my extra addition to KA was closed (it probably did not belong there, Sorry), the chicken atomics thing, that I made before someone showed me rational resources, found a new home on github as a separate ChickenAtomics mod for Nertea's KerbalAtomics. I wanted to share, because it uses liquid ammonia provided by this mod, to give player one extra consideration (with pros and cons) when building a atomic interplanetary vessel. It will be released after I test that last version works.

There's Rotisserie Chicken ....and then there's Pebble Bedded Chicken. :sticktongue:

It's rather nice to read that someone messed around with Ammonia nukes. You chose an interesting balance for it. I went with double thrust, 50% Isp. https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/RationalResources/tree/master/Extras/RationalResourcesNuclearFamily

Gaseous or Liquid inputs to processes?

You wrote somewhere that liquid i/o is preferred, because it avoids liquefaction step. I agree that liquefaction does not add much gameplay, it is just extra step and extra parts to carry. But then, in the kerbalism processes, most of them use gaseous resources. How do you (we) want to handle this? Continue using gasses, to be consistent with stock kerbalism, or switch to liquids for RR processes?

If it stays with gasses, I'd like to add two more freezer / heater parts, to fit into stack form-factor. Can we collectively call them Cryomats?

\RationalResources\CCK\Categories.cfg have :NEEDS[RationalResourcesCompanion] on some patches, but not on the others, so without RationalResourcesCompanion (only the RationalResources) the RR category looks not how you probably wanted. 

The CCK folder is placed in the RationalResources (not in the RationalResourcesCompanion), so you probably not need  :NEEDS[RationalResourcesCompanion] on the stock parts there.

9 hours ago, Veronika Kerman said:

I'd like to add two more freezer / heater parts, to fit into stack form-factor

I'll add those to my to-do list. I don't want to borrow old models for anything anymore. Continuing using gases would be better, I guess, since that's how it is for Kerbalism and I've often contemplated having bigger ...Cryomats.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@Veronika Kerman So this is what I thought up.

RR_converters0001.png

5 hours ago, flart said:

The CCK folder is placed in the RationalResources (not in the RationalResourcesCompanion), so you probably not need  :NEEDS[RationalResourcesCompanion] on the stock parts there.

Some parts need to be patched always, such as the narrowband scanner which holds the planetary classification experiment. This is in RR's core. I've split that config file as necessary, now most of it will be in RR Companion, where it belongs.

4 hours ago, Veronika Kerman said:

That is ... quite big! I imagined something that would fit the stack of stock Convertotrons, and was about 1/5th their height. Your part could serve a whole production base.

This is 2.5m wide but also 2.5m tall. You're expecting 1/3 this height? If this is too tall, let me know, as a given vessel will likely still need 2 of this part (one for heating, one for freezing).

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This is 2.5m wide but also 2.5m tall. You're expecting 1/3 this height? If this is too tall, let me know, as a given vessel will likely still need 2 of this part (one for heating, one for freezing).

What if both heater and freezer modules were in the same part? The two could share the heat pump (not in config).

And I thought of smaller one for game-play flexibility.

Edited by Veronika Kerman
expand shorthands to full sentences

Release 1.33

DOWNLOAD :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

• Added Configurable Containers detection to Ore tanks opt-in to cure related MM errors.
  • Added stock inventory volumes for RR parts except for tanks and engines.
  • Changed Metal, MetalOre resources to be defined with no concern for the presence of EL itself or other mods that may also declare them. Leave redundancy handling entirely to MM's code. This answers edge cases where these resources still don't get defined at all, and consequent issues like B9PS-SSPXr fatal errors.
  • Fixed duplicate subtype issue for Mk2 Expansion (in the RationalResourcesSquad extra.) Spotted by @eberkain.
  • Fixed inconsistent Oscar B volume with respect to other Oscar tanks added by Restock+. Spotted by @eberkain.
  • Updated Procedural Parts integration (entirely by @Veronika Kerman):
    • Added boiloff with handling for a couple of resources.
    • Added Deuterium gas.
    • Reduced capacity of very dense resources (MetallicOre, Metals, Mopedantte, RareMetals)...
    • SMURFF compatibility.
    • Tank volume consistency fixes.
  • Updated RationalResourcesNuclearFamily to handle atomic jet/rocket engines.
  • Updated RationalResourcesSquad's fusion fuel options to detect CRP to prevent fatal B9 errors.
  • Kerbalism fixes:
    • Added "empty" option for when you want to leave slots open (and hopefully save some funds) on a made-compatible Convert-O-Tron. Thanks to @Gordon Dry.
    • Added conditional Graviolium option to exo harvesters, and tech limit to this and Antimatter.
    • Fixed double-patching of Chemical Plant. Thanks to @Gordon Dry.
    • Increased slot counts on integrated exo harvesters (from 1 to 8) so multiple resources can be scooped at once, as it should be. Each slot that is not needed can have an empty loaded into them. Thanks to @TR_HyDra.
    • Reduced EC demand in atmo and exo harvesters.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

52 minutes ago, Veronika Kerman said:

What is Mopedantte, haha ?

Censorship function built into the forum. The true word contains a certain 4 letter word which triggers a sizeable subset of people.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

[LOG 00:27:18.928] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to ReStockPlus/Parts/Resource/restock-oretank-1875-1.cfg/PART[restock-oretank-1875-1]
[ERR 00:27:18.928] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[WRN 00:27:18.929] Cannot find key refVolume in PART
[ERR 00:27:18.929] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$
[LOG 00:27:18.929] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to ReStockPlus/Parts/Resource/restock-oretank-375-1.cfg/PART[restock-oretank-375-1]
[ERR 00:27:18.929] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[ERR 00:27:18.929] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$
[LOG 00:27:18.932] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to Squad/Parts/Resources/LargeTank/LargeTank.cfg/PART[LargeTank]
[ERR 00:27:18.932] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[WRN 00:27:18.932] Cannot find key refVolume in PART
[ERR 00:27:18.932] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$
[LOG 00:27:18.932] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialTank/RadialTank.cfg/PART[RadialOreTank]
[ERR 00:27:18.933] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[WRN 00:27:18.933] Cannot find key refVolume in PART
[ERR 00:27:18.933] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$
[LOG 00:27:18.933] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to Squad/Parts/Resources/SmallTank/SmallTank.cfg/PART[SmallTank]
[ERR 00:27:18.933] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[ERR 00:27:18.933] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$

Getting these errors on start up. Any advice and please let me know if you need more info to diagnose the errors.

9 hours ago, Einstein_Cross_X1 said:
[LOG 00:27:18.928] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to ReStockPlus/Parts/Resource/restock-oretank-1875-1.cfg/PART[restock-oretank-1875-1]
[ERR 00:27:18.928] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:18.929] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to ReStockPlus/Parts/Resource/restock-oretank-375-1.cfg/PART[restock-oretank-375-1]
[ERR 00:27:18.929] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:18.932] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to Squad/Parts/Resources/LargeTank/LargeTank.cfg/PART[LargeTank]
[ERR 00:27:18.932] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
[WRN 00:27:18.932] Cannot find key refVolume in PART
[ERR 00:27:18.932] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key baseVolume = #$../refVolume$
[LOG 00:27:18.932] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialTank/RadialTank.cfg/PART[RadialOreTank]
[LOG 00:27:18.933] Applying update RationalResourcesCompanion/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks/@PART:HAS[#RROreTank[Set]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock]:FOR[RationalResourcesCompanion] to Squad/Parts/Resources/SmallTank/SmallTank.cfg/PART[SmallTank]

Getting these errors on start up. Any advice and please let me know if you need more info to diagnose the errors.

What fuel switch mod are you using? I must assume you have some mod that makes Ore tanks to have no resources.