Rational Resources 2.0.6 [Apr 02, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

@Einstein_Cross_X1 The Kerbalism LRTR Simple profile is the cause. Kerbalism no longer uses its own tank swtich module, for what I know, and leans on B9 Part Switch so such configs as in the profile are obsolete. Change this string at line 724 :NEEDS[ProfileLRTRSIMPLE] to :NEEDS[ProfileLRTRSIMPLE,!RationalResourcesCompanion] or delete that whole patch section that targets Ore tanks to deal with it.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Upcoming parts

Cryomat™ 2.5m
1.2m tall, I think. 1.25m inner stack, 2.5m frame can be toggled. There will be an instanced part each for heating and for freezing, just like the existing boxed ones. 5x the throughput of the boxed version.

B9D0FC7.png

Wrapper Convert-O-Tron
Fits 1.25m body, equivalent to any conventionally shaped 1.25m Convert-O-Tron (maybe). Has toggle-able aero shroud at the head and tail. Might also have a 1.5x length sibling.
ugqW0O9.png

Bussard Collector
2.5m/5m bottom node, 100m x 25m span. Part of why I decided to create this is so it can have an EC guzzling fuel generator module for use with the Bussard ramjet engine in the MEV Fusion Tech mod. I might make my own such engine as that one looks like a Daedalus and I'm not fond of that. The basket structure will remain "untextured" as it would be too much pain to unwrap all those spine and truss-like bits.

s59scWW.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

12 hours ago, Transformatron said:

Hi, I'm new to the mod and I can't seem to figure out how to extract gasses from the atmosphere.  Is there a part that I just don't see?

Hi there. Rational Resources Parts includes a patch that affects the stock XM-G50 radial intake, and overall integrates the Stockalike Mining Extension mod which includes purpose-made atmo harvesters. This mod doesn't yet have its own parts for this role.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...

Found something that might not be working correctly: I installed the RR-TACLS module and it works fine for the bundled converters that TAC comes with, but the StockalikeStationParts patch does nothing for me currently. All of the relevant logs don't even so much as have a mention of the .cfg file.  Could only find references to the bundled ones. I went ahead and just edited SSPXR's TACLS configs directly to solve it.

It could well be another mod interaction as I do have quite the handful of them but I'm not too sure. Never tested with just RR, TACLS, and SSPXR.

@Vexxel I've seen mention of my revised config within SSPXr causing issues...I'd like to think Nertea has disabled it or someone came up with a fix and PR'd it by now. :/Most likely, those who have problems installed some mod that somehow causes weird interactions. I'd like to know just what you did for your edit.

1 hour ago, Vexxel said:

Never tested with just RR, TACLS, and SSPXR.

It would be very welcome if you change that. I'm curious to whether there's an oversight on my part in this basic combination, or if there's an outside interference.

Upcoming Parts preview 2
(2560x1440)

Textures nearly finished.

Additional parts:

• Giga-Tron™ (Name not yet settled)
    A 3.75m device containing 3x (or multiples of 3) Diamond Anvil Cells (or whatever handwavium machinery fits and can produce gigapascals of pressure) for creating Fusion Pellets and the like.

• Wrapper parts
    Not just the Convert-O-Tron but tanks with shroud options (standard aero, and engine mount for 2x 0.625m engines), and an intake... A pair of wrapper profile engines are also planned.

tmHqupE.png

I threw together a quick clean test instance (1.12.3, both DLC, MM, RR, RRTACLS, B9partswitch, TACLS, SSPXR, CRP, all most recent versions).

Unfortunately still having the same issue.

Spoiler

BxyEAKy.png

Player.log

ModuleManager.log

Edit: -----------

As for my edit to make it work I tried every manner of manipulating the actual TAC templates in SSPXR using MM patches but I just couldn't get them to do anything at all. I resorted to the sledgehammer method of just editing SSPXR-TACLS-00.cfg in SSPXR directly, substituting the input and output resources with what was in the RR_TACLS_SSPXr.cfg.

I can probably slap together a real MM patch later if I can figure out what exactly to do.

Edit 2: Editor's Boogaloo-----------------

I figured it out (on the RR end even). I submitted a pull request to your github with the fix. Module manager REALLY didn't like that wildcard in the node.

Edited by Vexxel

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Upcoming Parts preview 2
(2560x1440)

Textures nearly finished.

Additional parts:

• Giga-Tron™ (Name not yet settled)
    A 3.75m device containing 3x (or multiples of 3) Diamond Anvil Cells (or whatever handwavium machinery fits and can produce gigapascals of pressure) for creating Fusion Pellets and the like.

• Wrapper parts
    Not just the Convert-O-Tron but tanks with shroud options (standard aero, and engine mount for 2x 0.625m engines), and an intake... A pair of wrapper profile engines are also planned.

Yippie, wrapper parts! I think we really don't have enough of them! :) And they look so beautiful, too. As usual. Question: Will you only make 12-25 wrapper parts, meaning they fit on a 1.25meter part and have a size of 2.5 meters, or do you also consider making 25-37 and larger wrappers, or maybe even 12-37 (fit on 1.25 meter parts and have a diameter of 3.75m themselves) wrappers? Maybe even via an alternative part option instead of a new part? I don't use tweak scale, so I cannot just enlarge wrappers. :-/

Regarding the ISRU/device name: I cannot wait for a 5m ISRU. Will you name it Ultra-Tron, or Ultron for short? :sticktongue: Though I'm not sure you could slap a ™ on it.

Edited by caipi

3 hours ago, caipi said:

Yippie, wrapper parts! I think we really don't have enough of them! :) And they look so beautiful, too. As usual. Question: Will you only make 12-25 wrapper parts, meaning they fit on a 1.25meter part and have a size of 2.5 meters, or do you also consider making 25-37 and larger wrappers, or maybe even 12-37 (fit on 1.25 meter parts and have a diameter of 3.75m themselves) wrappers? Maybe even via an alternative part option instead of a new part? I don't use tweak scale, so I cannot just enlarge wrappers. :-/

Regarding the ISRU/device name: I cannot wait for a 5m ISRU. Will you name it Ultra-Tron, or Ultron for short? :sticktongue: Though I'm not sure you could slap a ™ on it.

Heh. Thanks. :) Since you asked, and tanks are the easiest thing to make, I'm drafting for both profiles now. The 12-37 will need 6x symmetry, however, as this most closely and near-perfectly fits the 1.25m stack profile.

I have an epic plan for Convert-O-Trons. Incidentally it provides 1.875m, and I'm going up to 3.75m, but why do you want 5m? (I will make 5m. It does seem to have some good demand behind it.)

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

but why do you want 5m?

To be honest, that was mostly some silly goof so I could throw in the "ultron" remark. But I think it might help with off-world production, seeing as a larger ISRU (usually) has more output (with more input, of course).  I thought it'd be helpful to achieve a larger off-world/off-kerbin production with less parts. So no special or new reason behind it. Just the old "bigger is always better" thought.

Edited by caipi

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse my monkey brain, but how do you enable the Real Fuels ISRU chain as a player? I have RR and the extended parts mod, still don't see any options to manufacture hypergolic fuels like Aerozine 50. 

I was hoping to use it with RO Engines or SSTU on an RSS play through

Edited by Supersonic Rocketship

4 hours ago, Supersonic Rocketship said:

Excuse my monkey brain, but how do you enable the Real Fuels ISRU chain as a player? I have RR and the extended parts mod, still don't see any options to manufacture hypergolic fuels like Aerozine 50. 

I was hoping to use it with RO Engines or SSTU on an RSS play through

You need to have RationalResourcesCompanion along with RealFuels. The Companion is where all the ISRU patches are. Parts is just parts, and RationalResources itself is just definitions and resource placement.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 3/14/2022 at 1:05 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

You need to have RationalResourcesCompanion along with RealFuels. The Companion is where all the ISRU patches are. Parts is just parts, and RationalResources itself is just definitions and resource placement.

Is there a link for download? I found a link to Internet Archive but I don't know if it's the compatible version. I'm running game version 1.10

Edited: I found extra downloading options in Ckan, those options are labelled as for 1.12. The error window on the left was there when I first installed RR, and the second one showed up when I first installed RR packages for Real Fuel and Kerbalism

unknown.png

Edited by Supersonic Rocketship
Add information

@Supersonic Rocketship There have been some reports lately which are resolved (weirdly enough) by reinstalling B9 Part Switch (2.16 or newer if I had to specify). Rational Resources doesn't have a real version limit. Any version of it should work on any version of KSP. Please tell me you have the directory GameData/RationalResources/ ... The B9 tank definitions and other core things are kept there.

You should at least have:

GameData/
	B9PartSwitch/
	CommunityResourcePack/
	RationalResources/
	RationalResourcesCompanion/
	RealFuels/
	ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 12:55 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@Supersonic Rocketship There have been some reports lately which are resolved (weirdly enough) by reinstalling B9 Part Switch (2.16 or newer if I had to specify). Rational Resources doesn't have a real version limit. Any version of it should work on any version of KSP. Please tell me you have the directory GameData/RationalResources/ ... The B9 tank definitions and other core things are kept there.

You should at least have:

GameData/
	B9PartSwitch/
	CommunityResourcePack/
	RationalResources/
	RationalResourcesCompanion/
	RealFuels/
	ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll

I was in the middle of making a new mod pack,  the problem seemed to have resolvedas I re-installed the whole thing. 
Now I'm trying to get the parts that make the hypergoilc fuels, but I don't see them in VAB. What mods in the RR suite should I get for that, other than RR Companion, RR kerbalism, and RR kerbalism + RF?(I already have these mods installed)?

5 hours ago, Supersonic Rocketship said:

Now I'm trying to get the parts that make the hypergoilc fuels, but I don't see them in VAB.

These are converter options that apply to any ISRU part that gets patched by RR. If you have Community Category Kit (CCK) you will see a tab just for RR, and in it will be Squad's Convert-O-Tron and RR's boxed ones. If you don't have CCK, you can toggle advanced mode (the fast forward button next to the search bar in the VAB) and you will see a custom subcategory that is also the RR tab. If you see no RR options at all then I'm lost... If you see RR's options but not the exact one(s) you're hoping for, let me know and I'll add them.

zdu5SyY.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 1:05 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

These are converter options that apply to any ISRU part that gets patched by RR. If you have Community Category Kit (CCK) you will see a tab just for RR, and in it will be Squad's Convert-O-Tron and RR's boxed ones. If you don't have CCK, you can toggle advanced mode (the fast forward button next to the search bar in the VAB) and you will see a custom subcategory that is also the RR tab. If you see no RR options at all then I'm lost... If you see RR's options but not the exact one(s) you're hoping for, let me know and I'll add them.

zdu5SyY.png

Thanks. I do see the parts you mentioned, but I don't see any of them having processes that produce the resources in Real Fuels (even after installing RR Companion, RR kerbalism, and RR RF + Kerbalism), such as Aerozine 50, UDMH, ...etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

@N3N Deactivated. I was briefly interested in Kerbalism Science at the time of writing it, but I didn't finish it because I don't have the impression that folks use that experiment (with or without Kerbalism) and I never got to playing with Kerbalism Science. If you simply rename it and activate it, expect it to misbheave and need fixes.

53 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@N3N Deactivated. I was briefly interested in Kerbalism Science at the time of writing it, but I didn't finish it because I don't have the impression that folks use that experiment (with or without Kerbalism) and I never got to playing with Kerbalism Science. If you simply rename it and activate it, expect it to misbheave and need fixes.

Hey @JadeOfMaar,

OK, Thank you!

EDIT:

If I want to try to fix it, where can I find information for that?

Is this it?: https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/TechGuide-~-Supporting-Science-Mods

( And maybe @Sir Mortimer or @Gordon Dry can help with it? )

Edited by N3N

Hey @JadeOfMaar,

Sorry, for bothering you again,

but I wanted to start a new JNSQ+RR+Kerbalism game and ModularManager says it found 34 error (32 ERR + 2 exceptions) related to "RR_SquadJetsCRP.cfg":

9jj6PhA.png

Do you or someone else here have a moment to help me fix this, please?

Here are the logs: https://tancredi.nl/logs.zip

And B9PartSwitch showed this:

2yoTukV.png

For that I asked here for help:

Edited by N3N

1 hour ago, N3N said:

"RR_SquadJetsCRP.cfg":

Just delete that then. (And the classic version in case that's around.) It's experimental and expected to still be rough around the edges but I didn't expect that bad of a failure with it. Maybe some other mod you have that affects the stock jet engines is causing a conflict but it's not worth your while to diagnose it.

49 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Just delete that then. (And the classic version in case that's around.) It's experimental and expected to still be rough around the edges but I didn't expect that bad of a failure with it. Maybe some other mod you have that affects the stock jet engines is causing a conflict but it's not worth your while to diagnose it.

Hey @JadeOfMaar,

I found the culprit! ;)

(After more than 1h of reading log-files and a little try&error...)

Your "RR_SquadJetsCRP.cfg" is incompatible with the "Squad.cfg" of "Advanced Jet Engines"!

I disabled the "Squad.cfg" of AJE and now it loads only with one error:

5vPxVbk.png

I will report it to AJE.

And maybe it should be made incompatible in CKAN, because I installed it from there.

EDIT:

And now I will try disabling your two configs "RR_SquadJetsCRP.cfg" and "RR_SquadJetsClassic.cfg" and reactivating the "Squad.cfg" of AJE and see if than the last B9PS error will go away.

Edited by N3N

18 minutes ago, N3N said:

5vPxVbk.png

EDIT:

And now I will try disabling your two configs "RR_SquadJetsCRP.cfg" and "RR_SquadJetsClassic.cfg" and reactivating the "Squad.cfg" of AJE and see if than the last B9PS error will go away.

EDIT 2: No, the B9PS error still is there. ;.;

Edited by N3N