[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

This looks gorgeous, I'm very sold, think I'll give it a whirl once Kopernicus gets officially updated.

Just an idea I had: Add a phase angle indication (where relevant) to the delta-V map, to help with finding transfer windows.

3 hours ago, rcollier said:

Did you update to 1.7.1, purchase the new DLC, and then go back to 1.7.0. This happened to me. I found the the folder for the DLC was still installed on my 1.7.0 copy after I copied a fresh version onto my desktop for modding. Deleting the “Serenity” folder from my 1.7.0 modded version fixed the issue.

Yes, I went back to 1.7.0 but I did a completly new install with completly deleting the old folders/new DLC. So I can exclude this.

Just now, Porter_John said:

Here we go, getting sucked back into KSP thanks to another planet pack from Galileo and team. HAHA

Daaaaayyum, son! Nice to see you're still zooming around. :D

Spoiler

subtle Elite reference

8 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@GalileoAfter removing the SigmaRandomPlugin the issue is gone.

I’m not sure. That may be a coincidence. If I can find the threads, I can show you a few that are having the exact same issue in stock.

15 hours ago, Porter_John said:

Here we go, getting sucked back into KSP thanks to another planet pack from Galileo and team. HAHA

That was my thoughts exactly.  My latest install is 1.4.0.  I've got learning curve ahead, I think!

So if one wanted to build things in-situ in this lovely new system, is there a recommended mod for doing so?  EPL vs. Global Construction?  Just looking to pick one that's going to play nicely with the system and Realistic Resources.

9 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

So if one wanted to build things in-situ in this lovely new system, is there a recommended mod for doing so?  EPL vs. Global Construction?  Just looking to pick one that's going to play nicely with the system and Realistic Resources.

I think there are at least a couple of other major mod devs that are currently working on exactly this.
If i had to *guess*, since JadeOfMaar authored Realistic resources, and his past work making patches/support for WBI (Angel-125's mods) and OPT, among others, I have a feeling any mod that he touched in this way, may likely have support for this exact thing...

Dont hold me to it, I dont want to put pressure on Jade, or put *words in his mouth*, but i cant see him and those *other* mod devs, *NOT* looking to support and exploit this new functionality. ;)

19 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

My preference is towards the MetalOre resource which originally was not part of CRP and is primarily used by EL and WBI Pathfinder. These mods can operate in CRP's absence, and so, Realistic Resources may provide MetalOre for itself (just to fill the void) and those mods in Classic Stock mode.

@4x4cheesecake, my Desert Airfield is fine, it might be that you're using different graphic settings.  The Desert site is really finicky.  We get it right in one spot, and then it's messed up someplace else.  We may not every get it right for all conditions.

Spoiler

BfDXzpy.jpg

Edited by OhioBob

4 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Found a little bug on the Dessert Airfield, the ground clips through the runway (or the runway into the ground?:confused:):

Reveal hidden contents

6WwlYsu.png

This is in 1.7.0, just JNSQ and dependencies.

Also: Do you prefer reports about bugs/glitches in the forum thread or on github? :)

It’s easier to keep track of them in Github. Otherwise they may fall to the wayside and be forgotten. On Github they sit there and nag us until we tackle them lol

7 hours ago, Akke_Pakke said:

Is there any RemoteTech compatibility? If not, can I add some stations somehow?

It is RemoteTech compaible but has only one Groundstation like on stock-Kerbin. You can add Groundstations yourself. There are some configs like SETI which you can get for example.

1 hour ago, Ravien said:

Thanks for another reason to still play KSP.

Would be great to add accompanying contract and tech tree to direct space exploration

No, adding things like that is well beyond the scope of a planet pack. I’ll leave that up to other mods.

and what’s the point of a open world/space exploration game, if you are funneled down a predetermined path?

there are other mods that do career progression and the logic behind contracts make more sense. It’s just not something we will bring to JNSQ.

perhaps other users can give you some recommendations here for what you are looking for. I don’t play enough to give you a solid answer.

Edited by Galileo

On 5/31/2019 at 2:43 AM, Zorg said:

Congratulations to all the members of Team Galileo. I've only visited a few bodies but all I can say is that the mod is well named.... truly breathtaking stuff!! And a high quality native 1/4 scale system is something the community desperately needed. Thank you guys so much.

Hide contents

Our little Mun, its all grown up now (by 2.7x :P ). Cant wait to check out the added bodies.

31g9Aivh.png

May I ask which mod are those parts (specifically solar and antenna) come from?

3 hours ago, Tyko said:

Will Shadowzone's trick for adding BG objects to an old save work for JNSQ too? I'm guessing "yes", but would be good to have confirmation.  :) 

Yeah, it’s should work the same way

Announcement - Upcoming Change

Please be advised that the next version of JNSQ will be making changes to the orbit of Minmus.  While this revision is targeted primarily at users of the mod Principia, some changes will affect everyone.

Under real life n-body physics, the orbit of Minmus is unstable when positioned outside the orbit of Mun.  This instability can be remedied by decreasing Minmus' semimajor axis and moving it inside the orbit of Mun.  For users of Principia, this is what we have done.  However, some game elements, such as the built-in contract system and world first milestones, are designed around Mun being the closer body.  So for non-Principia users we're keeping the system in its stockalike configuration, even though we know that it would be unstable in real life.  Consider it artistic license.  But while Minmus remains the outermost moon, we're still decreasing the size of its orbit to something a bit more realistic.

If any players want to implement this change now and not wait for the next JNSQ release, then just copy the following patch to a .cfg file and save it inside your Gamedata/JNSQ folder.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
	@Body[Minmus]
	{
		@Properties
		{
			!tidallyLocked = DEL
			!rotationPeriod = DEL
			tidallyLocked:NEEDS[!Principia] = False
			tidallyLocked:NEEDS[Principia] = True
			rotationPeriod:NEEDS[!Principia] = 32400
			@initialRotation = 240
		}
		@Orbit
		{
			!semiMajorAxis = DEL
			semiMajorAxis:NEEDS[!Principia] = 146970000
			semiMajorAxis:NEEDS[Principia] = 58550000
			!meanAnomalyAtEpoch = DEL
			meanAnomalyAtEpochD = 30
		}
	}
	@Body[Mun]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			!semiMajorAxis = DEL
			semiMajorAxis:NEEDS[!Principia] = 90960000
			semiMajorAxis:NEEDS[Principia] = 93840000
		}
	}
}

(edit)

Also be advised Minmus' textures have been redone, so its terrain will be changing.  If you plan on building a base there, you may want to hold off until after the next release.  We can't guarantee that anything landed on its surface will survive the update.  Hamek's textures have also changed, but it's a long way out there.

Edited by OhioBob