[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 6/28/2019 at 11:15 AM, Gordon Fecyk said:

Not on stock worlds normally. But my understanding is that JNSQ requires Rational Resources and one of either CRP or something else to enable mineable resources to begin with. Just cheating a stock resource scanner into orbits or various worlds, and yes making sure said scanner is in the correct orbit, a stock scan yields no surface resources at all.

I installed JNSQ as-is except I just didn't install RR. My Minmus mining base is chugging along just fine with the stock drills after scanning for ore with the stock scanner.

Edited by 5thHorseman

About to try a controlled landing of a  24,000 ton asteroid onto Kerbin in JNSQ... using the cheatiest USI Karborundum engines... should still be a major challenge :)

Edited by TheKurgan

44 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

About to try a controlled landing of a  24,000 ton asteroid onto Kerbin in JNSQ... using the cheatiest USI Karborundum engines... should still be a major challenge :)

Just Tweakscale a heatshield on that puppy and add 400 radial parachutes - other than the framerate, you'll do fine. ;-)

1 minute ago, panarchist said:

add 400 radial parachute

lol yeah I could, but this is a controlled landing, the asteroid is suspended from the bottom of a MASSIVE flying crane, and I want to land it gently right next to the VAB.

19 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

lol yeah I could, but this is a controlled landing, the asteroid is suspended from the bottom of a MASSIVE flying crane, and I want to land it gently right next to the VAB.

Pics or it didn't happen... :D

lol ok, I'll record the first landing attempt. Should be in the next 30 min or so... just lining up to grab it now.

I placed it in orbit earlier, took a few hours to find a good one, and get it back to a nice orbit.

52 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Well here it is. Unedited... so it's long and boring. and I made a few mistakes :)

Things were looking good there for awhile, until they weren't.  lol

Did you uninstall TweakChutes?  I noticed that you turned all the parachute pressure sliders down to 0.01 atm.  That's a stock bug that allows you to do that in flight mode (the slider shouldn't go below the minimum pressure to open of the parachute).  TweakChutes is suppose to fix it so you can't do that.  It also looked like those were non-stock parachutes.

Yeah, you don't need TweakChutes twice.  You might also check to make sure you're using the most current config (JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/TweakChutes.cfg).  Use this if you're not already:

Spoiler

@PART:HAS[!MODULE[TweakChute],@MODULE[ModuleParachute]:HAS[#minAirPressureToOpen[*]]]:LAST[JNSQ]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = TweakChute
		altitudeSliderMin = 50
		altitudeSliderMax = 5000
		altitudeSliderStep = 50
		pressureSliderMin = #$/MODULE[ModuleParachute]/minAirPressureToOpen$
		pressureSliderMax = 0.75
		pressureSliderStep = 0.01
	}
}

@PART:HAS[!MODULE[TweakChute],@MODULE[ModuleParachute]]:LAST[JNSQ]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = TweakChute
		altitudeSliderMin = 50
		altitudeSliderMax = 5000
		altitudeSliderStep = 50
		pressureSliderMin = 0.01
		pressureSliderMax = 0.75
		pressureSliderStep = 0.01
	}
}

23 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Well here it is. Unedited... so it's long and boring. and I made a few mistakes :)

So to recap... I started out with my vessel having 36000kn of thrust, and not enough heat shielding.

Now I have much much more heat shielding and 180,000kn of thrust, and i still can't get it below 1km/s at impact with terra firma...

Almost ready to give up :P

On 7/2/2019 at 6:26 AM, TheKurgan said:

Hide contents

your computer is INSANE,with yellow - green MET clock in this condition!!!

Whats your spec?

33 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Whats your spec?

LOL not insane it's nothing really special.

7700K running at 5.05gHz

32 gb of G.Skill DDR4 3200

High end water cooling

Samsung 970 pro m.2

an old MSI Gaming X 1070 (not the TI) but it's water cooled and highly overclocked

Spoiler

FF6crm2.jpg

Edited by TheKurgan

10 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

LOL not insane it's nothing really special.

7700K running at 5.05gHz

32 gb of G.Skill DDR4 3200

High end water cooling

Samsung 970 pro m.2

an old MSI Gaming X 1070 (not the TI) but it's water cooled and highly overclocked

Reveal hidden contents

FF6crm2.jpg

Thats quite high-end,especially consider an overclocked processor would significantly increase KSP performance

I was trying to do the anomaly contracts, but it won't acknowledge my presence at the obelisk at KSC. It's floating for some reason, so I went to some lengths to put myself in a position that the game should recognize as collocated with the obelisk, but no go. Are anomalies broken in JNSQ?

2M3ULbsh.png

KACZ793h.png

4 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I was trying to do the anomaly contracts, but it won't acknowledge my presence at the obelisk at KSC. It's floating for some reason, so I went to some lengths to put myself in a position that the game should recognize as collocated with the obelisk, but no go. Are anomalies broken in JNSQ?

The obelisk at KSC hasn't given me any message since... a long time. I can confirm other obelisks working as intended so whatever is up with that KSC one, it's not due to JNSQ.