[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, vagabond77 said:

Download page on GitHub is down for me.

Is normal?

@Galileo has changed the GitHub repo status to Private.  Not sure why, it makes no sense having a mod that people can't download.  He needs to either change it back to Public, or we need to set up an alternate download site.

JNSQ Exploration Series (WARNING: Going to be spoiler-heavy!)

Now that there's actually an episode taking place outside of Kerbin's SOI, I feel it is time to brag present this new playlist:

Spoiler

This is all about the system, not so much the craft, and how to get to places. Enjoy Team Galileo's eye candy responsibly!

18 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

JNSQ Exploration Series (WARNING: Going to be spoiler-heavy!)

Now that there's actually an episode taking place outside of Kerbin's SOI, I feel it is time to brag present this new playlist:

Reveal hidden contents

This is all about the system, not so much the craft, and how to get to places. Enjoy Team Galileo's eye candy responsibly!

Bravo!

@Gordon Fecyk I'm enjoying your JNSQ Exploration series. :) You mention that Mun has only 3 crater biomes... There are actually 5. The two you missed are quite likely  the exact two that are explicitly meant to be hard to notice. The team is also using your series for golden feedback opportunities so, much much appreciation to you for doing this.

Spoiler

You're going to want to revisit Moho after our next big update. It's getting some biome map love.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 12/21/2019 at 8:24 PM, superm18 said:

Hi all,

Wanted to get back in to KSP after seeing this mod. Any news on the "issues" and a reopening of the download?

Thanks in advance

If you download JNSQ with CKAN it will download it from somewhere where the file is archived, worked for me

5 hours ago, H4ckerxx44 said:

If you download JNSQ with CKAN it will download it from somewhere where the file is archived, worked for me

Did it take a very long time to download it from the archive site? I'm trying to download it now and it's dropped to around 1 meg/sec DL rate. CKAN usually crashes when a download takes this long for me, but it hasn't yet. Guess I'll let it keep trying.

EDIT: Well, it finally downloaded after about 15 minutes. It hung afterward, but a simple cancel and retry and it installed it from cache without incident. Hopefully it works.

Edited by kananesgi
UPDATE

1 hour ago, kananesgi said:

Did it take a very long time to download it from the archive site? I'm trying to download it now and it's dropped to around 1 meg/sec DL rate. CKAN usually crashes when a download takes this long for me, but it hasn't yet. Guess I'll let it keep trying.

EDIT: Well, it finally downloaded after about 15 minutes. It hung afterward, but a simple cancel and retry and it installed it from cache without incident. Hopefully it works.

6 hours ago, H4ckerxx44 said:

When you install from a cache, you are just using the last version you had downloaded that’s saved on your pc. If you are trying to get the latest version, you cannot, as I have made the repo private.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

When you install from a cache, you are just using the last version you had downloaded that’s saved on your pc. If you are trying to get the latest version, you cannot, as I have made the repo private.

I know. What I meant was that CKAN hung after it finished downloading it from the archive site. I had to cancel the installation and do it again. It then recognized that it was cached and installed it from that.

Amazing work, @Galileo. Almost can't wait until you get it figured out and get the repo back open again.

18 hours ago, Galileo said:

It was never on my PC and it was using fallback: github.archive.com or something like that, i guess just archived the latest release which got somewhere archived. 

Nonetheless i really enjoy JNSQ and look forward on the things you are all doing at the moment because i haven't experienced any issues so far :D

@Galileo CKAN automatically archives any mods it indexes to another website so even though the repo is private CKAN can still download and install JNSQ from the CKAN archive even if you never had JNSQ on your computer.

And BTW, JNSQ is a beautiful mod. I am really looking forward to getting enough science to go to other bodies. The experience is so much better than stock.

Edited by CDSlice

22 hours ago, Galileo said:

Im guessing that the repo is private for a reason, is there a specific bug/problem users should look out for considering that JNSQ is still available and in use by people?

50 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Where to find the DeltaV map of JNSQ? It used to be on the OP

btw, the download links are also broken

As per the posts above, the downloads are currently unavailable but will hopefully be returning again soon.

On 12/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, CraigCottingham said:

Can someone (like @Galileo) involved with having chosen the license for JNSQ (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0) confirm that extracting the bitmaps of planetary surfaces for use in Kerbal Maps is allowed?

As long as it's just for Kerbal Maps, help yourself. :) Also, happy new year!

@CDSlice Undo your tweak or remove KS3P entirely and see if that's where the problem is. If you still get that problem then double-check you have the proper scatterer version for your KSP (not the one for KSP 1.5 o older, not the one for KSP 1.8 since Kopernicus is not available yet for 1.8).

The Welcome Back Island is getting an upgrade...

A harbor!

5T9xluG.jpg

Zoomed a bit closer but slightly outdated.

lr9teKG.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

17 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Undo your tweak or remove KS3P entirely and see if that's where the problem is. If you still get that problem then double-check you have the proper scatterer version for your KSP (not the one for KSP 1.5 o older, not the one for KSP 1.8 since Kopernicus is not available yet for 1.8).

I've also encountered rare visual glitches. I didn't bother reporting it before because it only happened 3 times in many hours of using JNSQ. I have the correct Scatterer version, am not using a custom config, and no KS3P. This is just an FYI in case there's a larger problem.

My cases looked different than what CDSlice showed. All 3 times were water surfaces, starting as a minor distortion on the entire visible water surface, gradually worsening until there were lines rapidly shifting around, as if every frame had a different "random" pattern of lines obscuring the terrain. It sort of looked like a poorly-animated lightning storm; screenshots didn't do it justice.

It's been 2 weeks since I last saw the issue. I haven't changed any mods. I've unlocked the science tree, and deleted some mod parts that no longer serve a purpose, so maybe with less memory usage the problem is less likely to occur.