[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

10 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I'm guessing that CNC is grabbing an additional *stock* list of commnet station points, regardless of what setting(s) we chose in KK options? Those names are definitely the standard ones. Are you also using Kerbinside Remastered, or just JNSQ and CNC? Short of making a JNSQ "patch" to move things around, just parking unwanted stations on an unused CNC channel will eliminate them being a nuisance.  :)

I had assumed a kerbinside mod would be incompatible based on the op.  

27 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I had assumed a kerbinside mod would be incompatible based on the op.  

I wouldn't exactly call it "compatible" -- since nothing is in quite the right place, but it doesn't break anything. :)

Edited by Beetlecat

Well, I discovered the hard way that my parachutes will never deploy on Duna, at any times during descent. Is there anyone else with this problem around?
Apparently it's only happening on Duna, other places like Eve will deploy them just fine.

Just to be clear, my parachutes are stock. I have zero mods installed that change them in any way.

Edited by Lijazos

22 minutes ago, Lijazos said:

Well, I discovered the hard way that my parachutes will never deploy on Duna, at any times during descent. Is there anyone else with this problem around?
Apparently it's only happening on Duna, other places like Eve will deploy them just fine.

Just to be clear, my parachutes are stock. I have zero mods installed that change them in any way.

(Disclaimer, I've not even left Kerbin's SOI in JNSQ so don't know anything about its Duna)

Have you cranked the deployment pressure all the way down to the minimum?

If not, try it :)

If so, then you will need to mod your chutes to deploy at a pressure that actually exists on Duna. But beware, they probably won't do much anyway if the atmosphere is that thin.

2 hours ago, Lijazos said:

It's not a problem, it's a feature of JNSQ.  Main parachutes aren't suppose to deploy, Duna's air is too thin.  Drogue chutes work though.

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

It's not a problem, it's a feature of JNSQ.  Main parachutes aren't suppose to deploy, Duna's air is too thin.  Drogue chutes work though.

Oh, that is too bad. Wouldn't a thinner atmosphere call for bigger chutes?

4 hours ago, Dafni said:

Oh, that is too bad. Wouldn't a thinner atmosphere call for bigger chutes?

TweakChutes was created to answer two problems:

1. "Okay, we have a Mars-like planet in stock. It has some considerable atmosphere. But for this planet pack we want it to be next-to-gone like real Mars so players will approach it like real space agencies do: drogues + powered landings only. There is literally not enough atmosphere for main chutes to work properly on, no matter what their size. And if you manage to bring nearly enough chutes, their masses might add up to a noticeable, insane amount."
  2. Stock chutes actually have a serious bug. They do not ensure to meet the partial deploy check before they meet the full deploy check. Let's fix that too. Drogues can ofc full deploy on JNSQ Duna, but the altitude of the minimum full deploy limit for main chutes is far too close to sea level and nobody will want to play that game. There's no winning it....unless you are Bradley Whistance. (I might be remembering something wrong here. Here's to OhioBob stepping in and correcting me if needed :D )

15 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

1. "Okay, we have a Mars-like planet in stock. It has some considerable atmosphere. But for this planet pack we want it to be next-to-gone like real Mars so players will approach it like real space agencies do: drogues + powered landings only. There is literally not enough atmosphere for main chutes to work properly on, no matter what their size. And if you manage to bring nearly enough chutes, their masses might add up to a noticeable, insane amount."
  2. Stock chutes actually have a serious bug. They do not ensure to meet the partial deploy check before they meet the full deploy check. Let's fix that too. Drogues can ofc full deploy on JNSQ Duna, but the altitude of the minimum full deploy limit for main chutes is far too close to sea level and nobody will want to play that game. There's no winning it....unless you are Bradley Whistance. (I might be remembering something wrong here. Here's to OhioBob stepping in and correcting me if needed :D )

I see. Thanks for the insight. I appreciate your time Jade.

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I think you explained it correctly.  Here was my explanation:

Since we wanted to make landings on Duna more Mars-like, we reduced its maximum atmospheric pressure to 0.04 atm.  That just happens to be the minimum deployment pressure for main parachutes.  So that means nowhere on Duna is the atmospheric pressure high enough for main parachutes to deploy.  The minimum pressure for drogue parachute deployment is 0.02 atm, which occurs at an altitude of about 7 km on Duna.

Also note our warning in the open post:

Unlike GPP, JNSQ does not remove the stock planets but rather, does reimagine and reinvent them, destroying what you think you know about some of them, and answering the KSP community's cry for a true stock planet visual overhaul and the cry for the planets to be larger. JNSQ also fills out the local planetary system, providing several all new worlds to discover, with a total body count of 31, the amount in GPP.

We expect players of JNSQ to drop all their preconceptions, do their due diligence, and assume nothing.  JNSQ is an entirely new planet pack, and it is best to approach these bodies like you've never been there before.

What could be the reason for these grid patterns appearing from time to time? I've double checked for all my visual mods to be updated (Scatterer, EVE, PS)...

Oceans sometimes dissapear too unless you look at it from a very specific angle.

ZKD.png

16 minutes ago, Lijazos said:

What could be the reason for these grid patterns appearing from time to time? I've double checked for all my visual mods to be updated (Scatterer, EVE, PS)...

Oceans sometimes dissapear too unless you look at it from a very specific angle.

ZKD.png

The 1.8 shader. It’s super unstable 

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, Lijazos said:

ZKD.png

It's just farmland.

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The 1.8 shader. 

Or that, maybe.

23 hours ago, OhioBob said:

JNSQ is an entirely new planet pack, and it is best to approach these bodies like you've never been there before.

Thats what I am doing and having the best time ever! To me its almost like real life space research and I can build bigger better rockets and really feel like I am there! JNSQ is so cool. Thank you Galileo team.

24 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Also the oceans are not "splashy" around a splashed craft. Everything is just transparent.

I have no idea what you mean. Going to need screenshots.

as for sinking in the terrain. I have also have not experienced that. What do your graphic settings look like?

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

Yesterday I had a Kerbal run up a hill on Kerbin. He kept going underground up to his hips, then I had to hit F in order to climb and stand on the surface again. This keeps repeating every few meters. Is this normal?

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

as for sinking in the terrain. I have also have not experienced that

Probably #23992. Unfixed and apparently ignored stock bug from 1.8.0.

48 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Probably #23992. Unfixed and apparently ignored stock bug from 1.8.0.

Yes, this is it, thank you! So nothing wrong with JNSQ.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I have no idea what you mean. Going to need screenshots.

After watching some videos of splashing down in KSP, I'm not sure what I mean either :confused: I was convinced that there are some water spray effects around a splashed down vehicle or a swimming Kerbal, similar to those in the moment of splashdown. But I haven't seen any in the videos as well, so my mind is probably playing tricks on me...

1 minute ago, leatherneck6017 said:

a body quick reference

Technically that's what the included PDF is for. If you're looking for different content than from the PDF (basically just stats) then do describe your vision for this reference. We can't promise your idea will happen though. There's plenty on our plates.

9 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Technically that's what the included PDF is for. If you're looking for different content than from the PDF (basically just stats) then do describe your vision for this reference. We can't promise your idea will happen though. There's plenty on our plates.

I whipped this up quick and dirty the other day. It helps me plan out transfers using Transfer Window Planner, among other uses:

IH6jrnO.png

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

There

there is a celestial body pdf included as well

With very detailed information, thank you. See above for the type of quick reference I was... referencing.

Edited by leatherneck6017

1 minute ago, leatherneck6017 said:

See above for the type of quick reference I was... referencing.

I think it likely that everybody is going to have different ideas regarding what information to put on a quick reference guide.  Our pdf includes most all the information that players could be interested in.  But if players want to trim that information down into a more condense version, I think it is probably best that each individual player do it for themselves.  That way each player can have the specific information that's of greatest interest to he or she.  If we were to do it, we'd likely get requests asking that this be added, or that be added, or that something be removed.  Nothing we would do could possibly satisfy everyone.