[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When running both JNSQ & GPP, what setting should the stock Terrain Detail be set to?  I see that there is both a GPP TerrainDetailPreset_High and a JNSQ_High

Interesting, I was not aware that conflict existed.  I'm not sure how I can fix that, will need to investigate.

In the meantime, I'd suggest JNSQ_High.  Since JNSQ is the primary system in which you will be spending most of your time, it makes sense to have the JNSQ terrain looking its best.  I'm not sure, however, what that will do to the GPP terrain.

Just now, OhioBob said:

Interesting, I was not aware that conflict existed.  I'm not sure how I can fix that, will need to investigate.

In the meantime, I'd suggest JNSQ_High.  Since JNSQ is the primary system in which you will be spending most of your time, it makes sense to have the JNSQ terrain looking its best.  I'm not sure, however, what that will do to the GPP terrain.

Thanks.  For now,while I have it all working, until I am ready to go there I'll just play without it.  And there is as also the KK issue I found earlier, so have another reason to delay. But thanks for all the eiek you did on this, will be playing this evening on mt upgraded career game

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks.  For now,while I have it all working, until I am ready to go there I'll just play without it.  And there is as also the KK issue I found earlier, so have another reason to delay. But thanks for all the eiek you did on this, will be playing this evening on mt upgraded career game

JadeOfMaar is going to look into the KK issue.  He's our man on everything KK related.

As far as the terrain detail presets go, ideally I'd like the slider to show only the JNSQ options, and then have GPP use the same setting.  That is, we pick JNSQ_High so we automatically get GPP_High as well.  I'm hoping I can figure out some way to use NEEDS[] to accomplish that.

I guess I've never noticed this before because I usually install JNSQ first and run the game to verify installation before adding GPP and company.  So before GPP is installed I've already completed the game settings.

Edited by OhioBob

@JadeOfMaar  while you looking in the JNSQ, JNSQ/master from several weeks ago was having this (ALeonov), though maybe it was my local bug.

Spoiler

f54lvQJ.jpeg

Also some new 1.12 Launchsites/Anomalies are not just underwater, but under bottom of oceans, for example

Spoiler

"anniversary2" anomaly

Spoiler

only some pieces of antennas are above bottom

vWGBseh.jpeg

Edited by flart

Almost the end of a long ride

Spoiler

The next one's going to be a doozy, maybe even end up being a three-parter.

Question for @OhioBob, @JadeOfMaar, @Galileo and the rest of Team Galileo? May I show your real names in the final episode's credits? Some of the names are up on GitHub but I think I'm missing one or two.

3 hours ago, jefferyharrell said:

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but how can I check this for you? Is there a new download I can try? The latest release on Github is 0.10.0.

In my post I included a link to my dropbox where you can download the revised icons.  You can then replace the icons in your KSP install with the new ones.

6 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

In my post I included a link to my dropbox where you can download the revised icons.  You can then replace the icons in your KSP install with the new ones.

Sigh. Yes, you did do that. I'm sorry I missed it. I've downloaded the ZIP and replaced the icons in my JNSQ folder, and now they appear in-game right-side-up.

fLHOulz.png

On 9/24/2021 at 8:26 AM, OhioBob said:

This update is certified to work only with KSP 1.12.1 or newer.  It may work with older KSP versions, though it has not been tested and support will not be provided.

Works fine in 1.11.2 as far as I've seen.