[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

7FlzXKV.png

Does anyone know why this is happening? 

Mod list:

Spoiler

Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS) Continued (FMRSContinued 1.2.9.2)
AlphaMensae's Modular Launch Pads (ModularLaunchPads 2.3.0)
ASET Agency  (ASETAgency 1.0)
ASET Props (ASETProps 1.5)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.19.0)
Benjee10 Suits (Benjee10Suits v1.0.1)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.12.9)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.99)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v5.2.0.0)
Custom Pre Launch Checks (CustomPreLaunchChecks 1.8.1.1)
DE IVAExtension (DE-IVAExtension v1.0.2)
Distant Object Enhancement /L (DistantObject v2.1.1.6)
Distant Object Enhancement /L default config (DistantObject-default v2.1.1.6)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.10.0.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.3)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.3.5)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.6.1)
HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0)
JNSQ (JNSQ 0.10.2)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
Kerbal Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs v1.8.3.0)
Kerbal Renamer (KerbalRenamer v1.5.0)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.9.2)
Kopernicus Expansion Continued - Common (KopernicusExpansionContinued-Common release-1.7.1-5)
Kopernicus Expansion Continued - EVA Footprints (KopernicusExpansionContinued-EVAFootprints release-1.7.1-5)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-70)
kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System (kOS 1:1.3.2.0)
Kronometer (Kronometer v1.12.0.2)
KS3P (KS3P V6.1)
KSC Extended (KSCExtended 3.0.2)
KSP Recall (KSP-Recall v0.2.1.3)
LightsOut Relit (LightsOutRelit v0.3.0.2)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.12.3.0)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.1)
Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required (StockalikeStructures 0.0.12)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.3)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.3)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.5)
RecoveryController (RecoveryController 0.0.4.1)
Reentry Particle Effect Renewed (ReentryParticleEffect 1.9.1.1)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0829)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0829)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0829)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.4)
Staged Animation (StagedAnimation v2.0)
Stock Waterfall Effects (StockWaterfallEffects 0.6.2)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.5.2)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7.8)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.6)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
Tundra's Space Center (TundraSpaceCenter 2.0.2)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.6.8)
VesselMover Continued (VesselMoverContinued v1.12.0)
WasdEditorCameraContinued (WasdEditorCameraContinued 0.7.3.3)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.7.1)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.2.4)

1 hour ago, hmmmm said:

Does anyone know why this is happening? 

this:

1 hour ago, hmmmm said:

scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0829)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0829)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0829)

use the last of the v0.07

13 minutes ago, Radical2638 said:

Is it possible to use the Principia-compatible, rearranged version of JNSQ without actually using Principia itself?

If I had to hazard a guess, putting a folder in the GameData folder named Principia should be enough to activate the patches. Might be worth a try.

8 hours ago, Radical2638 said:

Is it possible to use the Principia-compatible, rearranged version of JNSQ without actually using Principia itself?

Put a folder called Principia in Gamedata and put this cfg in it:

@Kopernicus:FOR[Principia]
{
}

I'm running into the problem that the time/date from the regular alarm clock doesn't seem to be correctly. I also cannot use the in game manourve tool to warp me to a transfer window, it just spits out a date that doesn't make any sense. The only way i found to get a correct transfer window is to use the mod Kerbal alarm clock.

Is this is expected? Or should the ingame tools be enough to find transferwindows with JNSQ?

3 minutes ago, Graploos said:

Is this is expected? Or should the ingame tools be enough to find transferwindows with JNSQ?

Community Fixes could fix some problems of the Kopernicus (or Kronometer) and Alarm Clock App compatibility.

1 hour ago, flart said:

Community Fixes could fix some problems of the Kopernicus (or Kronometer) and Alarm Clock App compatibility.

I've got that mod installed, but i maybe have installed it after i had started my save.

So i tried a new game and use both tools to create an eve transfer.

Use ingame alarm clock: 113 days from start

Kerbal alarm clock: 273 days from start

1 minute ago, Graploos said:

I've got that mod installed, but i maybe have installed it after i had started my save.

So i tried a new game and use both tools to create an eve transfer.

Use ingame alarm clock: 113 days from start

Kerbal alarm clock: 273 days from start

just out of curiosity, can you timewarp to confirm they are indeed at different times.  Perhaps one display is using the incorrect number of hours per day?

I've run into a similar issue as Graploos, but with Kerbalism and Simplex Kerbalism. Simplex Kerbalism clearly states that it uses the 12 hour day:

Use the 12 hour day with JNSQ

We know that JNSQ changes a Kerbin day from 6 hours to 12 hours:

Many KSP modders have considered that while the stock parts (namely, engines) are overpowered for stock scale, they are tuned just right for 2.5x scale. With this in mind, JNSQ is built in natively "1/4 real-life scale" (about 2.7x stock scale) which is modestly larger than 2.5x. Because of this change in scale, the length of the Kerbin day is now 12 hours.

The game continues to use and display the old Kerbin-time, 6 hours a day. Kerbalism however starts using the 12 hour rotation as one day. So a resource of 5.0 units with a consumption of 0.167/hour (~29.94 hours) is shown as 2 days 5 hours (the 0.94 are probably rounded down) instead of 5 days 5(.94) hours which it actually lasts. It's using the "real" JNSQ Kerbin day. I assume Graploos Alarm Clock issue relates to the same issue.

Alternatively, I can switch to 24 hour days display in KSP settings, but that doesn't change the Kerbalism readout.

Is there a way to switch the ingame day to a 12 hour day instead of 6 or 24 hours? I searched the JNSQ readme but found no answer. Or is the game supposed to use a 12 hour day already and there is just something wrong with Graploos' and my install?

@Graploos, @flart, @eberkain, @caipi:

I'm not sure what all the problem is here, but just to clarify something...  JNSQ uses a 12-hour day (and a 365-day year) only if Kronometer is installed.  Kronometer is the mod that allows changes to the clock/calendar.  I would have thought that most other mods would have been updated by now to be compatible with Kronometer, but perhaps not.  If anyone is having a problem with mods displaying times that don't match, the best thing to do might be to uninstall Kronometer.  Without Kronometer the game should revert to stock 6-hour day, 426-day year.  This means that the clock/calendar won't match the movements of the JNSQ home world (i.e. the planet will still rotate once every 12 hours), but at least all mods will probably display the same time and be consistent.

1 hour ago, caipi said:

Is there a way to switch the ingame day to a 12 hour day instead of 6 or 24 hours? I searched the JNSQ readme but found no answer. Or is the game supposed to use a 12 hour day already and there is just something wrong with Graploos' and my install?

I know nothing about Graploos, so I can't help you there.  However, in stock KSP you have only the 6- and 24-hour options.  Only with the mod Kronometer can this be changed.  JNSQ is configured to give a 12-hour day when Kronometer is installed.

Thank you very much, that's the answer I've been looking for. :) I wasn't aware of Kronometer at all. I read something about it in the initial post (now compatible with Alarm Clock -which I'm not using yet- and the sunrise at KSC requiring it, as well as it being removed from the JNSQ pack), but I wasn't aware it is integral for the correct time keeping with JNSQ. Might I suggest to add Kronometer to the Recommended Mods list?

Regarding different places giving different transfer windows, here's my experience using JNSQ + Kronometer + 1.12.2.

Kerbal Alarm Clock is reasonably accurate, but the estimates drift over time. For example, KAC says my Duna window is 150 days away. After 100 days pass, if I ask KAC for my transfer window, it might be 52 days rather than 50 days.

Astrogator also gives reasonably accurate windows, but differs from KAC by a few days. KAC-calculated maneuvers come close to Eve and Duna but don't actually intercept the target SOI. Manual adjustment is always needed. (I'm relatively new to Astrogator and maybe that's a known limitation)

The new stock transfer window interface was too limited when I tested it so I have no comments on its accuracy. I launch into LKO a few days before my estimated KAC and Astrogator transfer windows, then figure out my exact maneuver time after I'm in orbit.

2 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Regarding different places giving different transfer windows, here's my experience using JNSQ + Kronometer + 1.12.2.

Kerbal Alarm Clock is reasonably accurate, but the estimates drift over time. For example, KAC says my Duna window is 150 days away. After 100 days pass, if I ask KAC for my transfer window, it might be 52 days rather than 50 days.

Astrogator also gives reasonably accurate windows, but differs from KAC by a few days. KAC-calculated maneuvers come close to Eve and Duna but don't actually intercept the target SOI. Manual adjustment is always needed. (I'm relatively new to Astrogator and maybe that's a known limitation)

The new stock transfer window interface was too limited when I tested it so I have no comments on its accuracy. I launch into LKO a few days before my estimated KAC and Astrogator transfer windows, then figure out my exact maneuver time after I'm in orbit.

I can add some comments about a couple of other options here. These are based on trying to fire off probes to Moho in the first couple of days of a new game, when the “zeroth” transfer window is just closing.

MechJeb seems ultra precise in calculating exact windows and transfers.

Transfer Window Planner seems reasonably close to MechJeb and probably has the nicest interface for planning in-game. I haven’t verified whether it works perfectly with KAC (or the stock alarm clock) to generate alarms, and this might depend on the exact combination of mods and versions in use.

(Since TWP was made by the same author as KAC, I suspect KAC’s built-in transfer alarm calculator is similar is similar to TWP, though perhaps less precise.)

The browser-based transfer planner in my signature seems to match the in-game Transfer Window Planner well enough to plan dV budgets and departure schedules. 

I haven’t confirmed if the TWP mod or browser-based planner are accurate enough to generate precise maneuver nodes that don’t require additional correction, but it seems like players have quite a few options overall between the various mods and tools to find one that they like or is at least “good enough”.

Hello kerbalnauts. Two things: 1. I LOVE this mod. 2. My engine sounds and some other sounds (e.g. explosions nearby) are muted once I visit another celestial body (e.g. when I get to Minmus my engines are silent and remain silent until I launch another mission). Any ideas what might cause this? I only have a few other mods installed: KER, Scansat, ReStock, etc.

3 hours ago, Hoody said:

Hello kerbalnauts. Two things: 1. I LOVE this mod. 2. My engine sounds and some other sounds (e.g. explosions nearby) are muted once I visit another celestial body (e.g. when I get to Minmus my engines are silent and remain silent until I launch another mission). Any ideas what might cause this? I only have a few other mods installed: KER, Scansat, ReStock, etc.

Lost engine sounds are a common KSP 1.12 bug. I've searched for fixes, randomly changed sound settings, etc. but have yet to find a solution.

1 hour ago, DeadJohn said:

Lost engine sounds are a common KSP 1.12 bug. I've searched for fixes, randomly changed sound settings, etc. but have yet to find a solution.

who needs game sounds when you have the PRIME Thanatos! 

Edited by eberkain

To come back to my transfer window problems;

I've removed all mods and installed just this:

Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.0.4.0)
JNSQ (JNSQ 0.10.2)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.11.0.0)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-74)
Kronometer (Kronometer v1.12.0.2)
KSP Community Fixes (KSPCommunityFixes 1.6.1)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.1)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0830)

Ingame alarm clock and kerbal alarm clock still come up with different transfer times. When warping, they also stop at different times.  The ingame alarm clock seems to be off, kerbal alarm clock seems to be OK when used with the option formula and not Model.

For all users i would suggest to only use kerbal alarm clock for calculating transfer alarms.