[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

23 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey @Vabien,

Do I have to do this for every planet or only for Lindor and Jool?

Because I did test it with the newest scatterer and only doing it for Jool and Lindor, but I think my Eve and Huygen are looking too dark and Lindor is looking a little strange with this green "errors" at the twilight zone:

Reveal hidden contents

8rcsxiE.png

YCpKmNi.png

aBhW9nG.png

Hey,

I tried to fix it, but 2 problems with the newest scatter persist:

1: (green) errors with Lindor. (see picture above)

2: strong jittering in the "space map", but not in the tracking station.

But I got 10-20 fps more with the newest scatterer.

Still I will revert to the older scatterer version.

12 minutes ago, N3N said:

Hey,

I tried to fix it, but 2 problems with the newest scatter persist:

1: (green) errors with Lindor. (see picture above)

2: strong jittering in the "space map", but not in the tracking station.

Still I will revert to the older scatterer version.

The jittering issue can be easily solved- update to the latest scatterer, open the menu in space centre view (alt+F10) and then disable temporal antialiasing (TAA), use SMAA instead. Completely solved the jitteriness for me.

12 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

The jittering issue can be easily solved- update to the latest scatterer, open the menu in space centre view (alt+F10) and then disable temporal antialiasing (TAA), use SMAA instead. Completely solved the jitteriness for me.

Hey @jimmymcgoochie,

Thank you, that solved it! ;)

Now the only problems are the (green) errors with Lindor. (see picture above). :/

4 hours ago, VostokV5 said:

Is there a delta V map for the 10x scale?

No, but delta-v is proportional to the square root of the rescale factor.  So 10x scale is 4x bigger than normal JNSQ.  Therefore, you can use the delta-v map that comes with JNSQ and multiply the values by SQRT(4) = 2.

22 hours ago, VostokV5 said:

What is better, the PartRebalancer10x mod that comes with JNSQ or SMURFF? I play with RSS and BDB and it seems like there are no SMURFF configs for BDB, so the only rebalancer mod I am left with is PartRebalancer10x. 

May I presume you plan to play JNSQ at 10x scale (real scale)?  I know what SMURFF is and what it supposedly does, but I have never used it.  Therefore, I can make no recommendation about its use.  PartRebalancer10x is just one simple config that you install.  It primarily does two things:  (1) increases the density of some propellants, and (2) decreases the mass of most parts.  The changes bring mass fractions in line with what we find in the real world so that parts are well balanced for 10x scale.  PartRebalancer10x works well with all stock parts and it should work with most part mods.  However, some of the part changes refer to parts by their "EngineType" and/or "category".  So if a mod changes or creates a new EngineType or category, then the part changes may not be correctly applied.  For instance, a mod alters the categories under which parts are found in the VAB or SPH may break PartRebalancer10x.  Also a mod that puts parts in unexpected places, like putting "Aero" parts under "Structural", may produce unplanned results.  PartRebalancer10x presumes that everything is stockalike.

On the other hand, if you plan to play JNSQ at its native scale (1/4 real scale, or about 2.7x stock), then you don't need to do anything.  Both stock parts and mod parts should work perfectly fine at this scale, though it will obviously be more difficult than stock scale (which is, of course, the whole point).  If I'm not mistaken, I believe the creator of BDB tests his parts in JNSQ and balances around it (at least that's what I've heard).

Edited by OhioBob

Is there a way to setup JNSQ on a new game where the clock isn't 6 mid day but KSC is early morning.  I'd like to start a game where I can use scheduled launches (attempting semi historic launches and missions) but the clock is really throwing me off on getting everything setup.

Below you can see how it is early morning.  JNSQ Kerbin has a 12 hour day but by the clock the time should already be mid day.  Either my clock is wrong or the planet is, not sure which.  Is there a way to fix this?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

https://gyazo.com/75de50e8f8ccb1077cefce5bb1f8654b

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Is there a way to setup JNSQ on a new game where the clock isn't 6 mid day but KSC is early morning. 

Add a ModuleManager patch to your GameData folder with the following:

@Kronometer:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
	@DisplayDate
	{
		@PrintDate
		{
			@offsetTime = 3600 // add 1 hour
		}
		@PrintDateNew
		{
		}
		@PrintDateCompact
		{
		}
	}
}

You'll need to adjust the offset amount (in seconds) to get it to line up correctly. It's never bothered me so I haven't taken the time to calculate the correct offset.

Kronometer is a dependency so you should already have it installed. You may also want to install Early Bird for more control of the warp to morning button.

3 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Add a ModuleManager patch to your GameData folder with the following:

@Kronometer:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
	@DisplayDate
	{
		@PrintDate
		{
		}
		@PrintDateNew
		{
		}
		@PrintDateCompact
		{
		}
	}
}

You'll need to adjust the offset amount (in seconds) to get it to line up correctly. It's never bothered me so I haven't taken the time to calculate the correct offset.

Kronometer is a dependency so you should already have it installed. You may also want to install Early Bird for more control of the warp to morning button.

NVM me, I figured it out.  Thanks again.

Edited by Saul

12 hours ago, Saul said:

Is there a way to setup JNSQ on a new game where the clock isn't 6 mid day but KSC is early morning.  I'd like to start a game where I can use scheduled launches (attempting semi historic launches and missions) but the clock is really throwing me off on getting everything setup.

Below you can see how it is early morning.  JNSQ Kerbin has a 12 hour day but by the clock the time should already be mid day.  Either my clock is wrong or the planet is, not sure which.  Is there a way to fix this?

The game clock is set to Universal Time, not local time.  It may be sunrise at KSC but it's noon on the zero meridian, hence 6:00 UT.  It's equivalent to KSC being located in New Orleans but having the clock set to Greenwich Mean Time.

7 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The game clock is set to Universal Time, not local time.  It may be sunrise at KSC but it's noon on the zero meridian, hence 6:00 UT.  It's equivalent to KSC being located in New Orleans but having the clock set to Greenwich Mean Time.

Ok, glad to know I wasn't losing my mind.  Kinda wish KSP came with a local time setting as well as a calendar.  Would make trying to recreate authentic rocket launches a little easier.

On 5/13/2022 at 12:59 AM, N3N said:

On 5/13/2022 at 1:39 PM, N3N said:

Now the only problems are the (green) errors with Lindor. (see picture above). :/

Could you create the separate topic for JNSQ 0.10.0 and Scatterer 0.0835 integration, your finding and an instruction?

On 6/4/2022 at 6:06 PM, flart said:

Could you create the separate topic for JNSQ 0.10.0 and Scatterer 0.0835 integration, your finding and an instruction?

Hello,

What exactly do you want?

I just did, what was described in this topic and here:

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, cinemagic said:

Any tech tree mod recommendation for JNSQ.

Depending on recommended mods on this thread and JNSQ github wiki, I think CTT is the only choice.

I highly recommend Skyhawk Science System as a tree. It requires BDB but also supports several other part mods.

High points of Skyhawk are new fuel types without excessive complexity, specialized tree branches for each fuel type, gradual part upgrades, and early probes before crewed capsules. Reaction wheels get nerfed; they still work but RCS becomes more important.

34 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

I highly recommend Skyhawk Science System as a tree. It requires BDB but also supports several other part mods.

High points of Skyhawk are new fuel types without excessive complexity, specialized tree branches for each fuel type, gradual part upgrades, and early probes before crewed capsules. Reaction wheels get nerfed; they still work but RCS becomes more important.

Thanks for you answer.

I see many people like BDB. How do you guys deal with so many parts it installed. For me it significantly slows the game (terribly long load time and stutter in editor while switch tab for example).

45 minutes ago, cinemagic said:

Thanks for you answer.

I see many people like BDB. How do you guys deal with so many parts it installed. For me it significantly slows the game (terribly long load time and stutter in editor while switch tab for example).

I have a fairly beefy PC. It's ~7 years old but I overbuilt it with 32MB RAM and have done some small incremental upgrades.

I won't derail this thread too much with BDB tips, but here are some ways to reduce its size:

• BDB is mostly organized into folders for Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, probe families, each lifter family, etc. If you are proficient enough with folder management you can temporarily remove late-game rocket folders early in the tech tree, then add those back in later while removing the early-game folders. (make sure to backup your entire KSP folder when doing this, so you can easily undo if you inadvertently remove parts needed for a vessel already in flight)
  • The Janitors Closet mod lets you hide unwanted parts from the VAB menu. It can later "permaprune" the parts so they get deleted from the game and never take memory.
  • No other part mods are needed with BDB, especially if you also have Tweakscale to customize small parts like batteries.

22 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

I have a fairly beefy PC. It's ~7 years old but I overbuilt it with 32MB RAM and have done some small incremental upgrades.

I won't derail this thread too much with BDB tips, but here are some ways to reduce its size:

• BDB is mostly organized into folders for Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, probe families, each lifter family, etc. If you are proficient enough with folder management you can temporarily remove late-game rocket folders early in the tech tree, then add those back in later while removing the early-game folders. (make sure to backup your entire KSP folder when doing this, so you can easily undo if you inadvertently remove parts needed for a vessel already in flight)
  • The Janitors Closet mod lets you hide unwanted parts from the VAB menu. It can later "permaprune" the parts so they get deleted from the game and never take memory.
  • No other part mods are needed with BDB, especially if you also have Tweakscale to customize small parts like batteries.

Nvm, since bdb is also the top recommended parts mod for JNSQ.

I'll give a try. Thanks again!

Edited by cinemagic