[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

If I wish to install all three of the Galileo planet packs , GEP, GPP, and JNSQ, how do I resize GPP? I used ckan to install all of them, and for some reason only JNSQ and GEP are 2.5x. GPP is still its normal size and all of the planets have no clouds and no atmosphere.

Hello, after a long break from KSP, I'm playing a JNSQ carreer and I have to say - I'm enjoying it immensely. It's a nice sweet spot between stock and full RO in difficulty. I'm getting to the later nodes in the tech tree, so at this point, I think I should start using the more complex resource chains (I haven't touched pretty much anything else than the scrubber for life support) and experiment with ISRU. Do you have a suggestion for an (if possible a rather light one) engine mod adding hydrolox/methalox engines, compatible with the JNSQ/Rational Resources/Kerbalism combo?

Thanks,

Michal.don

5 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

If I wish to install all three of the Galileo planet packs , GEP, GPP, and JNSQ, how do I resize GPP? I used ckan to install all of them, and for some reason only JNSQ and GEP are 2.5x. GPP is still its normal size and all of the planets have no clouds and no atmosphere.

Both GPP and GEP have optional rescale mods, and both must be installed.  Have you done that?

13 hours ago, michal.don said:

Hello, after a long break from KSP, I'm playing a JNSQ carreer and I have to say - I'm enjoying it immensely. It's a nice sweet spot between stock and full RO in difficulty. I'm getting to the later nodes in the tech tree, so at this point, I think I should start using the more complex resource chains (I haven't touched pretty much anything else than the scrubber for life support) and experiment with ISRU. Do you have a suggestion for an (if possible a rather light one) engine mod adding hydrolox/methalox engines, compatible with the JNSQ/Rational Resources/Kerbalism combo?

Thanks,

Michal.don

You don't already have Cryo Engines do you? Nice little mod by Nertea.

5 hours ago, Coldrifting said:

You don't already have Cryo Engines do you? Nice little mod by Nertea.

No, I don't. I'll have a look at it, some of Nertea's mods are a must have for any install for me :)

Thanks,

Michal.don

4 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

where do i find the rescale mods?

In the GPP download, there should be a folder called "Optional Mods" in addition to the GameData folder. The rescale mod is the folder Optional Mods/GPP_Rescale/Rescale_2.5X/GameData/GPP_Rescale, which should be added to your main GameData folder.

I haven't been able to find GPP_Rescale on CKAN. If it isn't there, you'll have to download it separately and add just the rescale mod folder to GameData. 

If anyone has had an issue with the surfaces of celestial bodies in JNSQ turning bright colors, there is a solution.  These colors were used for debugging back when JNSQ was first developed and are meant to be turned off.  But a recent change to Kopernicus has switched the colors back on as a means to fix something else.  So by fixing one problem, it created another.  The remedy is to remove the colors by installing the below patch.  Just copy the following into a plain text file, save it with a .cfg extension, and place the file anywhere inside your KSP's GameData folder.

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		@PQS
		{
			@Mods
			{	
				@LandControl
				{
					@landClasses
					{
						@Class,*
						{
							@color = 0,0,0,0
							@noiseColor = 0,0,0,0
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}			
	}
}

Hello!

I think I might have found a very minor cosmetic bug in JNSQ_Rescale_1X: the distances in Sun's IntensityCurves are 10 times larger than what they would be if scaled from the default values. This causes Sun to provide illumination up to 36.864 Tm away; in particular, it illuminates all of the Ciro and Grannus systems when using GPP_Secondary (and Scatterer, although I don't know if that's relevant). The result certainly looks interesting, but I don't think it's the intended behavior.

As an example, here's a picture of (my craft and) Brovo (from GEP) at night when Sun is overhead:

p1GaoGi.png

(For context, Brovo is normally orange.)

• 2 weeks later...

The Gas Giants are black blobs with EVE and Scatterer installed, does anyone know a fix?

This is Lindor v

MZr5PmK.png

This is Jool v

oLZXRRE.png

Edit: I checked a few pages back and found a fix.

Edited by Socowez
I'm a derp

On 5/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, Vabien said:

Currently working on a fix for Jool and Lindor in the latest scatterer. I'm not part of the original team so this will be a separate thing unless someone adds it. Basically as it stands, Jool and Lindor make EVE clouds and Scatterer effects separate. Specifically they disabled integration of the two. Now I haven't figured out exactly why this makes everything go black, but I do know how to fix it. In Gamedata\JNSQ\JNSQ_Configs\Scatterer\planetsList.cfg adjust both Jool and Lindor to have usesCloudIntegration = true, then in Gamedata\JNSQ\JNSQ_Configs\Scatterer\Planets\(INSERTPLANETHERE)\atmo.cfg adjust cloudColorMultipier to = 1, and EVEIntegration_preserveCloudColors to = True. This should get a fairly close to original look. This is not necessarily a permanent fix though. I have gotten some weirdness with adjusting EVE configs, and tbh I haven't compared it to the original, but it should be good enough for now.

I tried this in my game, and the first time, it disabled Scatterer for some reason. I reinstalled Scatterer and JNSQ and it's working now with the gas giants, but Eve still looks depressing.

8 hours ago, Socowez said:

The Gas Giants are black blobs with EVE and Scatterer installed, does anyone know a fix?

This is Lindor v

MZr5PmK.png

This is Jool v

oLZXRRE.png

Edit: I checked a few pages back and found a fix.

revert all scatterer versions to.772

Edited by cinemagic

10 hours ago, Socowez said:

Does anyone else have super saturated terrain colors? It looks like the "Biomes Visible" cheat is on, but it's off. How can I disable this?

Ui9SJve.jpg

PS: sorry for spamming the thread.

Earlier in the thread:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, creating an account just for this! Great looking mod and I love the work put in but am having an issue. 

Mechjeb Ascent Profiles do not seem to be working properly. Their Gravity turn continues far past 90 degrees far too early, and my rockets just dive into the ground engines full when using the ascent autopilot. Given that I get bored of launching every rocket manually, but they are fun to watch head to orbit, I am hoping that someone has a fix for this. 

Thank you for any help!

@Killerbanana which ascent guidance setting are you using? I have found that "prime vector guidance" works best. I have had trouble before when I set the target periapsis to 90-100km, but I regularly use mechjeb now and launch to 130km. You might need to also experiment with booster pitchrate, but I have mine at 0.4 deg/s and this works with most all my launches.

On 7/5/2022 at 2:07 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

Earlier in the thread:

I literally came to this thread looking for this. I reinstalled JNSQ because it's without doubt the best planet pack available (even more so with Ad Astra) but the ground around the KSC was like luminous green, like almost glowing. I'll give this patch a shot when I'm next on the game.