[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Question, I'm looking for the crashed flying saucer on the Mun, near the south pole.  Was it removed?  Using ScanSat, I found one anomoly near the south pole, but it come up in the SCAN Instruments window as Monolith02, and appears to be app. 190 meters underground.  Game is at full resolution

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Question, I'm looking for the crashed flying saucer on the Mun, near the south pole.  Was it removed?  Using ScanSat, I found one anomoly near the south pole, but it come up in the SCAN Instruments window as Monolith02, and appears to be app. 190 meters underground.  Game is at full resolution

The UFO has been removed, as have many anomalies.  I'm not sure why.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

The UFO has been removed, as have many anomalies.  I'm not sure why.

nuts.  Then Courageous tourists isn't fully compatible anymore, since it references many anomalies .

Would you have a list of what was removed, or, possible, tell me how to figure out what was removed?

Thx

Lol.  I just started exploring the aomolies on the Mün in JNSQ.  Only one I have visited is a MunArch near the equator.  I guess it'll be fun to see what is available and what isnt.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

it come up in the SCAN Instruments window as Monolith02, and appears to be app. 190 meters underground

Does the game register you have found it within the 190 metres?

Also, if it is a monolith, then perhaps we need to dig it out... :/

6 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Lol.  I just started exploring the aomolies on the Mün in JNSQ.  Only one I have visited is a MunArch near the equator.  I guess it'll be fun to see what is available and what isnt.

Does the game register you have found it within the 190 metres?

Also, if it is a monolith, then perhaps we need to dig it out... :/

According to the configs, it appears that both the UFO and the Armstrong Memorial were removed.   Odd, because I could have sworn that I visited the memorial in my previous career save.  I'm going to have to reload that and check

On 7/24/2022 at 11:27 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Would you have a list of what was removed, or, possible, tell me how to figure out what was removed?

I have no list, but it looks like you've already figured out how to find out what's been removed.  Just open the configs and look for something like, removePQSMods = PQSCity[UFO].  If you were to edit out that part of the config, I suppose the anomaly would come back, though I'm not sure if it would work in an existing save.

Galileo wrote that part of the configs, so I don't know what he had in mind when removing the anomalies.  I do know that the planets weren't constructed with accomodation of the anomalies in mind.  Perhaps he just felt that the terrain at the location of the anomaly was unsatisfactory.  I can only guess at the reasons.

On 7/24/2022 at 9:28 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Monolith02, and appears to be app. 190 meters underground.

That part I don't understand.  All my prior experience with monoliths is that they snap to the terrain.  No idea why this one is doing otherwise.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

I have no list, but it looks like you've already figured out how to find out what's been removed.  Just open the configs and look for something like, removePQSMods = PQSCity[UFO].  If you were to edit out that part of the config, I suppose the anomaly would come back, though I'm not sure if it would work in an existing save.

Galileo wrote that part of the configs, so I don't know what he had in mind when removing the anomalies.  I do know that the planets weren't construction with accomodation of the anomalies in mind.  Perhaps he just felt that the terrain at the location of the anomaly was unsatisfactory.  I can only guess at the reasons.

That part I don't understand.  All my prior experience with monoliths is that they snap to the terrain.  No idea why this one is doing otherwise.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@OhioBob Does the Kraken exist in JNSQ?  If so, would you know the name of it (the PQSCity name)?

It looks like the Kraken has been removed too.  It would normally appear on Bop, and has the name DeadKraken.

@linuxgurugamer, I might be getting confused with something else, but I kind of remember talk about adding some custom anomalies.  Perhaps the stock anomalies were removed with the intent that they'd be replaced.  But further development of JNSQ has pretty much come to a halt, so custom anomalies are a dream that will probably never be realized.  If I ever release an update, I'll consider bringing the stock anomalies back.

11 hours ago, OhioBob said:

@linuxgurugamer, I might be getting confused with something else, but I kind of remember talk about adding some custom anomalies.  Perhaps the stock anomalies were removed with the intent that they'd be replaced.  But further development of JNSQ has pretty much come to a halt, so custom anomalies are a dream that will probably never be realized.  If I ever release an update, I'll consider bringing the stock anomalies back.

Please consider that, thanks

16 hours ago, Death Engineering said:

Welcome back, michal.don!  Just curious.. what, if any, mods did you install to increase difficulty/realism?

I did not add any other difficult mods than Kerbalism and KCT. To be honest, I'm not even sure which features are added by Kerbalism and which are included in the "base" JNSQ suite. But it really feels like a simplified RP-1 - engines have limited ignitions and sometimes fail, parts have a limited time before they break/cease to function/need to be repaired, crew members suffer from stress/radiation/claustrophobia on their missions. The mass ratios tend to force you to build rockets that generaly look and feel like the real word ones. But it's not as extreme as in RP-1, where you can spend several days (real time, not game time) and not even reach your first orbit. If you're interested, I can share my full modlist when I get home, but it's pretty much these ones and a bunch of QoL and part mods :)

Michal.don

9 hours ago, michal.don said:

I'm not even sure which features are added by Kerbalism and which are included in the "base" JNSQ suite.

JNSQ dosen't do anything to parts but for a couple small exceptions.  The LV-TX87 and LV-T91 engines have their thrust, mass, and cost increased slightly (25% for the 87 and 20% for the 91).  This is because these engines are intended to power a Titan II analog rocket to lift the Mk2 command pod + service module to orbit.  At JNSQ scale, we believed these engines where a little unpowered for that task, so we gave them a buff.  We also changed the AtmosphereCurve for a couple Karbonite Plus engines from Umbra Space Industries.  I'm not sure what that's all about, I'm not the one who did it.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:24 AM, OhioBob said:

The Voronoi Craters biome doesn't exist on Moho.  The biome name appears in the config, but it doesn't actually exist in the biome map.

will adding the "removePQSMods = PQSMod_VoronoiCraters" in the config fix the bug with [x] science, or it is something different ?
[x]science shows all Voronoi Craters biome science

1 minute ago, flart said:

will adding the "removePQSMods = PQSMod_VoronoiCraters" in the config fix the bug with [x] science, or it is something different ?
[x]science shows all Voronoi Craters biome science

I don't know what [x]science is, so I can't comment on that.

"removePQSMods = PQSMod_VoronoiCraters" would only remove craters from the template, if there actually were any.  But Moho doesn't use that mod, so you'd be removing something doesn't exist to start with.

I don't fully understand the problem, but you probably should delete the biome from the config.  Try deleting this part from Moho.cfg:

Biome
				{
					name = VoronoiCraters
					displayName = #LOC_JNSQ_Biome_VoronoiCraters
					value = 1
					color = #916991
				}

On 4/16/2022 at 11:17 AM, OhioBob said:

I was not aware of all the problems you outline, so thank you for explaining so clearly.  The changes you suggest look good to me.  I will likely implement them, though I don't know when an update will be released.  In the meantime, the following patch should work.

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]]:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]
	{
		@density *= 9.8637	//JNSQ already multiplies by 3.3456, so together we have 3.3456 * 9.8637 = 33
		@maxRadiusMultiplier = 1.67
		@minRadiusMultiplier = 1
	}
}

Is this patch responsible for captured asteroid become smaller?
vessels was connected to the surface before.

Spoiler

WPZvCsC.jpeg

UPD. have found, answer is yes

Spoiler

On 4/15/2022 at 11:21 PM, DeadJohn said:

Maybe decrease JNSQ's maximum radius multiplier and increase the density multiplier? That might provide the more realistic densities you want while also improving playability. IMO playability factors include:

• KSP starts to have glitches as asteroids grow in size. The mesh collider surface sinks below the visual surface. With large asteroids the klaw, drills, and more can be hidden far below the visual surface.
  • JNSQ increases asteroid sizes by a lot %maxRadiusMultiplier=10 and I think this increases the visual bugs.
  • That max multiplier isn't proportional to the %minRadiusMultiplier=2 setting, which introduces overlaps between classes. A big class A ends up more massive than a small class D. It feels too random.
  • There's currently a 120x mass difference from smallest to largest within every class. This makes mission planning too unpredictable: we can't guess how many engines will be needed to tow a given asteroid class.

I created a 2nd tab ("JNSQ test") of my spreadsheet as a sandbox for asteroid.cfg

• @density = 33.00 //greatly increased from the current 3.3456 setting gives a density ~1200 kg/m^3.
  • %minRadiusMultiplier = 1.00 //smaller than what JNSQ currently uses (but bigger than stock) to offset the density increase; it keeps the smallest asteroid of each JNSQ class near its current mass.
  • %maxRadiusMultiplier = 1.67  //proportional to the min radius multiplier in order to prevent overlap between classes; class A will never be heavier than class B.
  • Mass for a given class becomes 78x stock. That's challenging but not excessive like the current 1712x stock at the upper end of every class.
  • Smallest to largest asteroid in a class gets a 4.5x mass range, similar to stock, not 120x.
  • Visually, asteroids will still be larger than stock, but smaller than what JNSQ currently uses for the largest asteroids. This will hopefully create fewer collider glitches.

Edited by flart

On 7/18/2022 at 7:54 PM, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

I literally came to this thread looking for this. I reinstalled JNSQ because it's without doubt the best planet pack available (even more so with Ad Astra) but the ground around the KSC was like luminous green, like almost glowing. I'll give this patch a shot when I'm next on the game. 

I am also having this issue.

https://imgur.com/a/PNehoKs

Will report back if patch works.

Edited by Vovical

Recently got JNSQ and the ground around the space centre and all over kerbin seem to be odd colours. The space centre area is covered in a fluorescent green colour but the buildings and their own surface is normal. Anyone know what could be causing it? Tried removing scatterer but didnt work.

Spoiler