[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 hours ago, edwin.robert said:

Recently got JNSQ and the ground around the space centre and all over kerbin seem to be odd colours. The space centre area is covered in a fluorescent green colour but the buildings and their own surface is normal. Anyone know what could be causing it? Tried removing scatterer but didnt work.

This had been asked and answered.  Read the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fabled_Mike said:

I have the same problem. Where exactly is the answer?

nvm I found it

If you can find it again without too much difficulty, then it might help others if you could link to it. This is one huge, messy thread, and finding old info is a pain!

2 hours ago, softweir said:

If you can find it again without too much difficulty, then it might help others if you could link to it. This is one huge, messy thread, and finding old info is a pain!

The fix has been included as part of Kopernicus for nearly two months now.

dUZCHlz.png

It is also now mentioned in the JNSQ instructions (but not in the OP because I can't edit that).

6xNYbDG.png

I can't help it if people don't read the instructions.

Edited by OhioBob

17 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The fix has been included as part of Kopernicus for nearly two months now.

dUZCHlz.png

It is also now mentioned in the JNSQ instructions (but not in the OP because I can't edit that).

6xNYbDG.png

I can't help it if people don't read the instructions.

But it's not included in the CKAN install, is it?

• 2 weeks later...

@OhioBob Has development ceased on JNSQ? I love the optional rescale files but any chance we can get a native 6.4x version since that is a pretty commonly requested and viable rescale size? As much as I'd love to stick with 10x, it causes issues when using specific popular parts packs without RO/RP1.

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

What's the deal with the Pier and Jeb's Workshop being parts available in the VAB? Shouldn't those just be statics for KK?

Possible use with Extraplanetary Launchpads... It might be weird as heck to have those out on a very alien environment.

8 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

For the time being, yes.  Although nothing more is currently planned, that could change at some point.

Is development separate from maintaining?

i’m completely fine with no more planets or features being added, but I would like JNSQ to be compatible with the latest Scatterer version

11 hours ago, Socowez said:

... I would like JNSQ to be compatible with the latest Scatterer version

That's a possibility, but I have no idea when.  I have to figure out how the new scatterer works first.  And then updates to GPP and GEP come first, which I've already started work on.  After new versions of GPP and GEP are released, then maybe I'll consider taking another look at JNSQ.

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Wait what? JNSQ is incompatible with Scatterer? Which version are you talking about, exactly? Is it just not using some features or is it broken?

Last time I checked, Jool, Lindor, Eve, and Huygen are all broken with latest Scatterer. Eve and Huygen have very dark surfaces with no present clouds or Scatterer effects, and Jool and Lindor are both completely black. It’s been a good bit since I’ve last used JNSQ, so it could have been fixed since then

edit: to clarify, Jool and Lindor are fine with Scatterer versions 0.772 and lower. Eve and Huygen, I’m not sure

Edited by Socowez
clarification

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Wait what? JNSQ is incompatible with Scatterer? Which version are you talking about, exactly? Is it just not using some features or is it broken?

JNSQ is configured for Scatterer v0.0772.  It has not been updated for 0.08x versions of Scatterer.  I don't know what works or doesn't work with the newer versions.

So not sure if here is the place to post this/if it has already been pointed out as an issue, but for me it seems that trying JNSQ with GPP as secondary system plus Kerbal Konstructs, the game refuses to load and just takes progressively more resources, mainly RAM while on an infinite black loading screen (with the load icon at the bottom-right). It works fine with only JNSQ and KK, GPP as main and KK and GPP as secondary and KK. I've removed everything except the dependencies (I think) and i get the same results. KSP.log of what happens, help?

On 8/29/2022 at 9:25 PM, Socowez said:

Last time I checked, Jool, Lindor, Eve, and Huygen are all broken with latest Scatterer. Eve and Huygen have very dark surfaces with no present clouds or Scatterer effects, and Jool and Lindor are both completely black. It’s been a good bit since I’ve last used JNSQ, so it could have been fixed since then

edit: to clarify, Jool and Lindor are fine with Scatterer versions 0.772 and lower. Eve and Huygen, I’m not sure

Hey there Socowicz, whilst JNSQ requires Scatterer 0.772 the mod *does* work with Scatterer 0.8** but it requires adding 'Ad Astra' graphics mod.

But, if adding Ad Astra I'd strongly recommend changing two things:

Replace the Sunflares in Ad Astra with the ones found in JNSQ, but do NOT replace the 'ghost' ones. I don't know what the deal with Ad Astra's Sunflare but it's odd, and appears as just a static 'image' rather than the quite dynamic looking JNSQ one.

Second, find the config file entitled LindorNew, find the line 'Thickness' and change the value from 100 to 0. Otherwise the ring appears as a non-descript white donut. 

But other than that, it all works fine with Scatterer 0.8** and it also works with Parallax 2.0 without issue. &)

2 hours ago, flart said:

Is Eve looks like it should ? (it's Scatterer 0.8, I don't know how it should looks like on the Scatterer 0.7)

Other posts in this thread say to use Scatterer 0.077whatever with JNSQ not 0.08. Scatterer added some things that introduced backwards compatibility issues.