[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, kerbnub said:

...reinstalling 100+ mods and hoping nothing breaks in my main career save in the the move. 

imho this would be a waste of your time. there are relatively few mods that could even come close to causing something like this. I.e. it's not gonna end up being caused by NearFutureElectrical :)  This is an issue with the camera and maybe the near clipping plane or something, so it'll probably be connected to a mod that deals in those areas.

without your log file it's hard to say anything more specific. do stick with scatterer 0.772 as that's correct for JNSQ.  

Where do I paste that code?

On 10/31/2022 at 5:58 AM, Gordon Dry said:

@intelliCom

fix for 2.

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[JNSQ]:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		@PQS
		{
			@Mods
			{	
				@LandControl
				{
					@landClasses
					{
						@Class,*
						{
							@color = 0,0,0,0
							@noiseColor = 0,0,0,0
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}			
	}
}

No clue why this is not inside JNSQ update, but to be dug out from the forums.

fix for 3.
don't use latest scatterer, use 0.772

Open a new text file best with notepad++
copy paste that text into it

save text file with any name ya want does not matter but make sure its saved as a .cfg

place the text file inside gamedata folder or create a folder inside gamedata folder called custom patches or any thing you like and place it inside that if ya want to keep things tidy

or download the file from

https://github.com/kopernicus/kopernicus/releases

GZs5zzA.png

and place it as mentioned above

Edited by stk2008

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, llikooid said:

is there any visual mods that works with jnsq? already try ad astra and install it correctly but still missing alot of texture in eve, the path is correct but there is no texture

TUFX and Minimum Ambient Light work well with JNSQ.

AFAIK the last version of Ad Astra had some non-fatal cosmetic issues (ex. greenish horizons when flying low at Kerbin) after the last JNSQ version was released. The Ad Astra owner lost interest in the mod and took it down.

23 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

TUFX and Minimum Ambient Light work well with JNSQ.

AFAIK the last version of Ad Astra had some non-fatal cosmetic issues (ex. greenish horizons when flying low at Kerbin) after the last JNSQ version was released. The Ad Astra owner lost interest in the mod and took it down.

i dont like the look of the jnsq default texture, its very low resolution already use the high graphics settings but still pixelated when im orbiting the planet

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I absolutely love this mod and am probably gonna start a career save with it relatively soon, everything about it is lovely. I especially love the new Laythe, it feels like a quite ripe new home for kerbalkind from the outset what with the breathable atmosphere and water oceans, but on the other hand still feels incredibly alien and challenging to live on what with the lower sunlight and temperatures, Jool's radiation, smelly compounds, and just generally looking like a slightly cloudier-than-average day in Britain at all times. It feels more believable and grounded than stock Laythe, instead of just like something that was plopped down by the gods for the sole purpose of becoming a new Eden.

One thing I am curious about though: do the devs have any realistic explanation for why Jool is still green instead of orange-yellow like the Sol system's gas giants, or was that just a bit of artistic license? It's cool either way, just interested.

6 hours ago, SpudNutimus said:

One thing I am curious about though: do the devs have any realistic explanation for why Jool is still green instead of orange-yellow like the Sol system's gas giants, or was that just a bit of artistic license? It's cool either way, just interested.

We made Jool green just because stock Jool is green.  We didn't try to rationalize it.

1 hour ago, SpudNutimus said:

I assume the Welcome Harbor Water isn't meant to look like this?

1Rn1mKs.png

It's not, but it's a normal sight to me. Make sure your terrain detail (the slider that controls the geometry, not the textures or shaders) is on the highest setting.

@SpudNutimus, adding to what Jade said, if you need to reselect your terrain detail settings, be sure to first delete the settings.cfg file in your KSP folder.  The next time you start KSP after deleting the file, KSP will rebuild it.  You'll have to go into settings and reselect everything.

Edited by OhioBob

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It's not, but it's a normal sight to me. Make sure your terrain detail (the slider that controls the geometry, not the textures or shaders) is on the highest setting.

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

@SpudNutimus, adding to what Jade said, if you need to reselect your terrain detail settings, be sure to first delete the settings.cfg file in your KSP folder.  The next time you start KSP after deleting the file, KSP will rebuild it.  You'll have to go into settings reslect everything.

This fixed it, thanks so much!

I think it's time to try JNSQ. I just made the jump to a 3840x2160 monitor from 1920x1200... 3.6x pixels. So I figure 2.7x planets will help balance things out. :D

I have been making self-imposed rules to make stock harder... like everything must be SSTO; boosters must go to orbit and be recoverable. Stock Eve is always hard but it's time for something new.

I'm really glad it works with Principia. The change log says Kronometer is now needed but it's not in the required mods list. Anything else I might be missing? 

8 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

I'm really glad it works with Principia. The change log says Kronometer is now needed but it's not in the required mods list. Anything else I might be missing? 

I also recommend KSPCommunityFixes.  It repairs a bug that interfers with the correct placement of ground scatters.

Is it safe to re-enable the Mun main menu scene in the Kopernicus menu with JNSQ installed, since there is in fact still a Mun, or will it break? No big deal either way, I just like the Mun scene and if it works then I'll turn it back on, but I don't want to break my install.

46 minutes ago, SpudNutimus said:

Is it safe to re-enable the Mun main menu scene in the Kopernicus menu with JNSQ installed, since there is in fact still a Mun, or will it break? No big deal either way, I just like the Mun scene and if it works then I'll turn it back on, but I don't want to break my install.

I have no idea.  Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the KSC supposed to look like 1970s Los Angeles levels of green smog?   All the colors look really desaturated and gross compared to just running Eve and Scatterer.  I can't tell if this is stylistic choice or if something is wrong.

I did swap Scatterer to v7 already.QeoTdl0.png

On 1/15/2023 at 10:22 AM, SpudNutimus said:

Actually,  that warning text is a bit dated.  I've used that option in places with no Mun and it still works, despite my expectations (since it does use some art assets).

I think it might be a staged landing! ;)

Edited by R-T-B