[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, KrakenBeGone said:

Any nice contract packs for JNSQ?

"GAP for JNSQ" is the only JNSQ-specific pack I know. It encourages airplane use to discover JNSQ's airports spread around Kerbin.

"Bases and Stations Reborn" fosters gradual station expansion, as opposed to the stock contract system that requires  constant launch of new stations. It works with any planet pack.

If you use Bluedog Design Bureau (BDB) parts, that mod includes contracts that are similar to many early USA space missions. You may need to turn those contracts on within game settings.

If you don't use BDB, the "History of Spaceflight" contract pack also simulates early USA missions. I recommend the compact version rather than the full version; the full pack is IMO repetitive because it includes many mission failures and too much crashing on purpose.

Many other contract packs work well with JNSQ, as long as are smart enough to read planet pack data and not use hardcoded stock altitudes.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Transfer window planner?

You can use this in order for it to be right for whatever planet pack you have installed: 

[x] Science!

Personally I use ScienceAlert, but these are both good solutions.

Trajectories 

Yeah, all these work on JNSQ.

Sorry, no idea about Parallax ...

8 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Question for my first install... do these mods work/ recommended? 

Transfer window planner? I see a web based tool: https://louisb3.github.io/ksp-lwp-jnsq/

[x] Science! In general, how do you track science completion for planet packs? The stock KSC science list thing is just so impractical.

Trajectories 

Parallax (2+)

Transfer Window Planner and Trajectories work fine with JNSQ, or any other planet pack for that matter.  I don't know anything about [x] Science.

JNSQ is not configured for Parallax, thus Parallax is not recommended for JNSQ .  However, since Parallax is designed to modify the stock celestial bodies, and since JNSQ uses the same names as the stock bodies, Parallax will modify JNSQ.  However, those modifications are designed specifically for the stock celestial bodies and not the JNSQ's version of those bodies.  Therefore there is no guarantee those changes will look right or work right.  There's nothing stopping you from using Parallax with JNSQ, but since neither product is designed to work with the other, don't ask for help if you have problems.  Also note that Parallax will not do anything to the additional bodies that JNSQ adds that do not share names with the stock bodies.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm tiptoeing into the game expecting a minefield of errors with a new install and 78 mods... not too bad. Didn't try Parallax yet- it's just icing on the cake. 

I had to pull out Kerbalism and the Science Only config. It had an exception that borked Texture Replacer and custom skybox wasn't working. Works now. I haven't used Kerbalism before and I thought the science part was interesting without the life support.

Next issue is a exception on Research Bodies before the main menu. The OP says it supports it. I haven't used it before but I really like the idea especially with a new solar system. Anybody else using it successfully? Do you have this exception? I'm on KSP 1.12.5 using CKAN

Spoiler

Material doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex' 
(Filename:  Line: 1462)

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ProgressiveCBMaps.CelestialBodyInfo..ctor (CelestialBody body) [0x000be] in <52bce0056a1f45bb813d6efc1021a5e3>:0 
  at ProgressiveCBMaps.VisualMaps.Start () [0x00052] in <52bce0056a1f45bb813d6efc1021a5e3>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <52bce0056a1f45bb813d6efc1021a5e3> Line: 0)

2/13/2023 10:03:43 PM,ResearchBodies,LoadDatabase 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

2/13/2023 10:03:44 PM,ResearchBodies,Loading Priority database 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

2/14: Also an exception for Scatterer that seems specific to JNSQ:

Spoiler

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From MAINMENU to SPACECENTER (Async) ===================== 

Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 16)
Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Huygen' 

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentFastPath(UnityEngine.Component,System.Type,intptr)
  at UnityEngine.Component.GetComponent[T] () [0x00021] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at scatterer.SkyNode.Cleanup () [0x001da] in <684aa87c0d2345f8a9e4739403f4afff>:0 
  at scatterer.ProlandManager.OnDestroy () [0x00008] in <684aa87c0d2345f8a9e4739403f4afff>:0 
  at scatterer.ScattererCelestialBodiesManager.Cleanup () [0x00027] in <684aa87c0d2345f8a9e4739403f4afff>:0 
  at scatterer.Scatterer.OnDestroy () [0x00052] in <684aa87c0d2345f8a9e4739403f4afff>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af> Line: 0)

Edited by Krazy1
added 2/14

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing JNSQ for a while without KK now, but recently decided to try it out.

Do you recommend setting the KK option to disable the stock CommNet stations if we use the new KK stations?

EDIT: I think I've answered my own question by browsing the Kerbal Konstructs thread. Looks like that setting to disable stock CommNet actually does not work.

Edited by Kwebib

Hi Kerbonauts!

I've got an issue and i tried to understand why the kraken is angry :

I've installed JNSQ new version with GPP and all packs with no problem. But when I've installed Kerbal Konstruct, it seems that the mod doesn't load new buildings in KSP: it caused crash of the game before opening (that's what I guess by reading the log ).
I've reinstalled JNSQ and Kerbal Konstruct and the issue remain. 
So I play with JNSQ withoud KK with no issue but don't know why it lagged. Maybe it's JNSQ, KK or both? I don't know...

Please find enclosed the log to see what's going on and fight together the Kraken! 
Thanks for your time :heart_eyes:

1 hour ago, Space_nico said:

Hi Kerbonauts!

I've got an issue and i tried to understand why the kraken is angry :

I've installed JNSQ new version with GPP and all packs with no problem. But when I've installed Kerbal Konstruct, it seems that the mod doesn't load new buildings in KSP: it caused crash of the game before opening (that's what I guess by reading the log ).
I've reinstalled JNSQ and Kerbal Konstruct and the issue remain. 
So I play with JNSQ withoud KK with no issue but don't know why it lagged. Maybe it's JNSQ, KK or both? I don't know...

Please find enclosed the log to see what's going on and fight together the Kraken! 
Thanks for your time :heart_eyes:

Did you also install Omega's Stockalike Stuctures?

3 hours ago, Space_nico said:

Hi OhioBob!
Indeed, I tried manually and with CKAN: both won't work! :/

Your log file shows a gazillion other mods, many of which are throwing exceptions. One or two of them might be responsible for your plight, though nothing immediately stands out. Your best bet if you want to play JNSQ with KK is to first do a clean install with only JNSQ, KK, and their dependencies, then keep adding a few mods at a time until you find the culprit. 

Also I'm not sure about the Stock_DepthMask_Config-1.0 folder, from the name that does not sound like it was installed properly.

4 hours ago, Space_nico said:

Hi OhioBob!
Indeed, I tried manually and with CKAN: both won't work! :/

Sorry, dude. I just tried a fresh install using CKAN and I see no problems. Once I can see JNSQ's KSC Harbor, I know I'm in a good situation.

wLGZbii.png

As @Grimmas stated, your install appears to be polluted by too many mods and improperly installed mods. Please do some cleanup.

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sorry, dude. I just tried a fresh install using CKAN and I see no problems. Once I can see JNSQ's KSC Harbor, I know I'm in a good situation.

On 3/6/2023 at 3:09 PM, OhioBob said:

Did you also install Omega's Stockalike Stuctures?

I was not able to see the new structures (including the harbor) without OSS, but everything does work now that I added it with CKAN. I discovered this somehow in another thread. Is this expected? If so could you edit the OP requirements. It seems there is a missing dependency in CKAN (JNSQ or KK?). OSS is also throwing a zillion texture not found errors when KSP 1.12.5 loads BTW.
Thanks for a great mod- it's like a whole new game.

8 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

If so could you edit the OP requirements.

Unfortunately only Galileo can edit the OP since he's the one who created it.  And he's not around anymore.  

Edited by OhioBob

Hey for some reason the sky box night is completely black, I'm not sure if this is due to a problem to JNSQ itself, an interaction with other mods or an unsupported KSP version.  Does anyone knows the solution to the problem and or cause of the problem?

Edited by The guy from duna

On 3/8/2023 at 3:34 AM, Krazy1 said:

I was not able to see the new structures (including the harbor) without OSS, but everything does work now that I added it with CKAN. I discovered this somehow in another thread. Is this expected?

I guess. In the Notes section in the OP, it is mentioned the JNSQ provides its airports etc and it's clearly given there that they require OSS. But in fairness, the OP could easily fall under "TL;DR" and people will miss it.

Galileo manually created the netkan (CKAN information) and OhioBob and I aren't terribly interested in maintaining that, though, I understand it and could do so.

On 3/8/2023 at 3:34 AM, Krazy1 said:

It seems there is a missing dependency in CKAN (JNSQ or KK?).

JNSQ does not and will not depend on KK. However, KK and OSS could be set as recommendations.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I understand it and could do so.

I know it's a pain, but please do! I can't be the only person who thought "it's on Ckan, all dependencies will be linked, just tick the box and hit Apply changes".

On 3/9/2023 at 5:42 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

In the Notes section in the OP, it is mentioned the JNSQ provides its airports etc and it's clearly given there that they require OSS.

Yeah it does. I missed it. 

Different topic - BG surface features don't seem to work. It was discussed back here for KSP 1.7.3: 

It says this was closed... https://github.com/Galileo88/JNSQ/issues/9

I'm on KSP 1.12.5. Maybe it's due to recent Squad messing with folder structures? I can see some sparse objects on Minmus but can't scan or collect them and they are not indicated with the Alt-F12> BG> surface feature finder. I have contracts for these so I hope they can be fixed. 

Pics:

Spoiler

0HLfRlX.jpg

CPbX1r8.jpg

EDIT: I just tried changing the Terrain Detail slider all the way to the right. I had it on 2 of 5 because the three to the right are giving exceptions. More discussion (EDIT... earlier in this forum but I lost the link)

But now the object Bill was standing on in the pic above disappeared. I'm not sure what's happening now. Was that a BG ROC or normal scatter... if normal then why could Bill stand on it? In stock, the surface scatter is not solid.

Edited by Krazy1

2 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Different topic - BG surface features don't seem to work. It was discussed back here for KSP 1.7.3: 

Atm there is some discussion on the Kopernicus thread about recent Kopernicus versions breaking BG surface features.