[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

9 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'd like to make sure - this means dMagic Orbital Science is not compatibile with JNSQ, am I right?

The only thing that I think could be a little messed up are the science definitions (the descriptions you get when you run an experiment).  They may not be entirely applicable to the revised planets and biomes.  If you can overlook that potential flaw, I think all the parts should function just fine.

@Iso-Polaris The intention is that Realistic Resources (I've just renamed it to Rational Resources) makes those removals.

Dirt seems like an equivalent of omnipotent Ore, and is not vital (as far as i can tell) to the operations of MKS or USI life support. It is supplanted with more of the Rock resource. Karbonite is very much an omnipotent handwavium like Ore. It is not removed, just not allowed to overflow on Eve. Persons in the realism camp who want methane engines specifically for casual flight on Eve can try out a Mathematically sound alternative made by @Gordon Fecyk

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Persons in the realism camp who want methane engines specifically for casual flight on Eve can try out a Mathematically sound alternative made by @Gordon Fecyk

Recently I thought I had the genius idea to mix Eve atmo with oxidizer to create such an engine. But now I see this mod was first released when I was still figuring out how to get to orbit.

11 minutes ago, sturmhauke said:

Recently I thought I had the genius idea to mix Eve atmo with oxidizer to create such an engine. But now I see this mod was first released when I was still figuring out how to get to orbit.

Get in line. ;) When I was starting out modding, I went far with experimentation into Karbonite's engines. I gotta mention that Explodium Breathing Engines does not happen to contain any rocket engines. It's meant to explicitly be the flip-side of the coin to OhioBob's Eve Optimized Engines (LFO rockets).

@Galileo @OhioBob Were the instructions for how to enable the Esther flare changed? It originally said:

Included in JNSQ is an all-new and exclusive "Sunflare of Maar." Its name: "Esther." currently, in order to activate it you will need to delete or disable GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Textures\Flare\Flare.cfg

I deleted that file, but the default sunflare is still present and the new flare is not enabled. The instructions in the post now read:

Included in JNSQ is an all-new and exclusive "Sunflare of Maar." Its name is "Esther." It runs in either Scatterer mode or Unity mode (such as Galileo's Flare Replacer mod). To choose which one runs, change the setting in GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Configs\SunflareMode.cfg

In Unity mode, you have the further option to disable the sunflare ghosts by creating a folder JNSQNoGhosts beside JNSQ.

However, there is not a SunflareMode.cfg file included in the download. I am using scatter. I've restored the original \JNSQ_Textures\Flare\Flare.cfg file and it currently reads:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
    @Body[Sun]
    {
        %ScaledVersion
        {
            %Light
            {
                %sunLensFlareColor = 1,1,1,1
                %sunFlare = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/Flare/JNSQ.unity3d:sun_flare
            }
        }
    }
}
@Scatterer_config:FINAL
{
    @fullLensFlareReplacement = False
}
@Scatterer_atmosphere:FINAL
{
    @Atmo,*
    {
        @m_mieG = 0.9
    }
}

Could you help clarify what I should change to enable the Esther flare?

I'm having a blast with the mod! I really appreciate all the hard work you've put into this @Galileo & @OhioBob! The Mun looks amazing! It's the first body I've been to. I can't wait to explore more!

Edited by Tiberius

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

@Galileo Were the instructions for how to enable the Esther flare changed? It originally said:

The instructions revision is for the next version of JNSQ.  We were planning to push the new release tonight but it got delayed (hopefully tomorrow).  I jumped the gun edited the post about the sunflare before I should have.  Sorry about that.

First off loving the mod, wonderful and imo needed step from GPP. Any plans to overhaul asteroids for the mod? I would love to see some scaled up asteroids with a mass that can actually hold mirco landers and possibly surface features on them.

26 minutes ago, Rabbit032 said:

First off loving the mod, wonderful and imo needed step from GPP. Any plans to overhaul asteroids for the mod? I would love to see some scaled up asteroids with a mass that can actually hold mirco landers and possibly surface features on them.

What if I told you that the asteroids already are bigger and heavier? (Surface features and gravity aren't happening. They're not planets.)

58 minutes ago, Galland1998 said:

Are the new launch sites from the first DLC incorporated into this mod or do we need to remove them like we had to with the GPP mod to get it to work correctly?

They are incorporated 

12 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Persons in the realism camp who want methane engines specifically for casual flight on Eve can try out a Mathematically sound alternative [Explodium Breathing Engines]

There's one thing I'd love to do to this add-on, and integrate it with Advanced Jet Engines somehow. Aside from ExV / IntakeAir swapping, I'd like to model intake area requirements and actually run EngineSimU, much like AJE parts behave on GPP's Tellumo. That would turn the jet flight on Eve realism level up to 10 without guesstimated density curves. And then using RealFuels would turn it up to 11.

UPDATE

Uninstall JNSQ and Realistic Resources before installing the new update
Change log and download link in  the OP.

Oh Yeah, if you use the installer, Be sure to only uninstall JNSQ using the unins000.exe that is located inside of your GameData Folder. Failure to do so will result in a broken installer that will not let you choose a new install location next time you update. 

If you have already messed that up, just reinstall to the same location, again then uninstall the correct way. 

Here is a visual if you need it:

G231MNd.png

Edited by Galileo

28 minutes ago, Galileo said:

UPDATE

Awesome! Now I have a reason to create a 1.7.1 folder.

Question, though, to which you may have no answer: Do you have a opinion on whether Scatterer, EVE and Distant Object should be installed via CKAN? I've noticed when you install them that way certain config bundles come along for the ride. Is it okay that those configs are in the GameData folder? Or should those mods be installed "bare" from Github?

2 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

Awesome! Now I have a reason to create a 1.7.1 folder.

Question, though, to which you may have no answer: Do you have a opinion on whether Scatterer, EVE and Distant Object should be installed via CKAN? I've noticed when you install them that way certain config bundles come along for the ride. Is it okay that those configs are in the GameData folder? Or should those mods be installed "bare" from Github?

DOE and Scatterer can technically be installed any way without issue. EVE, however may not be able to. I didn't take the necessary steps to make sure other cfgs were pruned.

Edited by Galileo

18 minutes ago, Galileo said:

DOE and Scatterer can technically be installed any way without issue. EVE, however may not be able to. I didn't take the necessary steps to make sure other cfgs were pruned.

Okay, very good. Installing EVE from Github is a piece of cake. Thanks for the quick response.

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Set the boolean (scatterer sunflare shader) to true:

@fullLensFlareReplacement = False

So just to be clear, if this setting is left at the default ("False") then we get the, let's say, not as cool sunflare, and to get the cool new one we need to change this from "False" to "True?" Just clarifying is all. (There's a joke in there somewhere about clarifying the sun but I can't seem to land it.)

Just now, jefferyharrell said:

So just to be clear, if this setting is left at the default ("False") then we get the, let's say, not as cool sunflare, and to get the cool new one we need to change this from "False" to "True?" Just clarifying is all. (There's a joke in there somewhere about clarifying the sun but I can't seem to land it.)

The Unity sunflare is updated to be near-identical to the scatterer sunflare. It is always the cool new one now.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The Unity sunflare is updated to be near-identical to the scatterer sunflare. It is always the cool new one now.

Oh outstanding. If I can be forgiven for asking a silly question, what's the practical difference then? Assuming I run Scatterer (which I do) and my CPU and GPU are let's say better than average (which they are), would you recommend I change that config setting or leave it at the default?