[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

6 hours ago, alberro+ said:

In all seriousness, I’ve always wanted to go to Nara. Could you leave a little something for me on the way there? :D

I’ve been, and without spoiling too much- it won’t be a disappointing end.

28 minutes ago, zeknife said:

Maybe a silly question, but why is antenna range multiplied by 4 when the universe scale is 2.7? Is it to make it easier to reach the new planets that are added?

The size of the planets are 2.7 but the distance between them is far greater.

And yes it is so that the stock antennaes can reach.  I fully recommend the JX2 antenna mod.  It looks great.

Peace.

5 hours ago, zeknife said:

Maybe a silly question, but why is antenna range multiplied by 4 when the universe scale is 2.7? Is it to make it easier to reach the new planets that are added?

It's because new planets are added.  The distance between planets out to Jool is increased 2.75 times, but because Lindor is added, the distance to Eeloo is increased more the 5 times.  And Hamek is nearly 6 times farther away than stock Eeloo.  We figured a 4x increase in antenna/DSN range is just barely enough to maintain a very weak connection between Kerbin and Hamek with a single 88-88 antenna.  Reaching Nara, however, will require either multiple antennas or an antenna mod such as the JX2.

2 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

Giving Eeloo a big hug!

Hide contents

The last episode before Nara! And that will likely be a two-parter.

Finally! Maybe you could leave something at Nara, like a monument or something? Can't wait dude!

5 hours ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

How easy is it to change the sunflare to a different one? I'm not the biggest fan of the current one and want to swap it with one of the Sunflares of Maar...

Check his topic thread and read the OP.  It's quite simple.

17 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Check his topic thread and read the OP.  It's quite simple.

Alright - it seems to be working now. For whatever reason last time I tried it would just not replace the default sunflare with the SoM one.

On the other hand, I just noticed another weird issue - for whatever reason, scatterer isn't casting shadows on world with atmospheres. Whenever Laythe passes in front of Jool, there's no shadow on Jool, and when it goes behind, the clouds look as if they are shaded, but nothing happens to the surface...

Hello everyone! JNSQ is a great mod, thanks for creating it. 

After update basic mods (kopernicus, scatterer, EVE) to latest releases I got one problem:  while flying by plane on Kerbin I have good fps over the sea and very low fps over ground.  KSP version is 1.10.1 btw. Please help, any ideas maybe? For some reason over the sea, the video card is loaded, but not over the land

10 hours ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

Alright - it seems to be working now. For whatever reason last time I tried it would just not replace the default sunflare with the SoM one.

On the other hand, I just noticed another weird issue - for whatever reason, scatterer isn't casting shadows on world with atmospheres. Whenever Laythe passes in front of Jool, there's no shadow on Jool, and when it goes behind, the clouds look as if they are shaded, but nothing happens to the surface...

After some testing, it seems like the issue was partially in the EVE atmospheres file - for whatever reason, it disables eclipses of certain planets when scatter is present. Removing the NEEDS[!scatterer] fixed it for every planet aside from Eve, Kerbin, Jool, Laythe,, Huygen, and Nara.

EDIT: Actually never mind - it would appear that even after doing that, on the surface its still messed up.

Edited by CessnaSkyhawk

15 minutes ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

After some testing, it seems like the issue was partially in the EVE atmospheres file - for whatever reason, it disables eclipses of certain planets when scatter is present. Removing the NEEDS[!scatterer] fixed it for every planet aside from Eve, Kerbin, Jool, Laythe,, Huygen, and Nara.

That's because JNSQ is configured to use EVE eclipses for non-atmospheric bodies, and for atmospheric bodies when scatterer is not present.  When scatterer is present, atmospheric bodies use scatterer eclipses, while non-atmospheric bodies continue to use EVE eclipses.  If scatterer eclipses are not working, then it is likely either an issue with scatterer, or there has been some change in scatterer that JNSQ is not presently updated for.

7 hours ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

If u r still trying to combine them, I'm currently trying to frankenstien together JNSQ and OPM for my own personal use, and I could send u a copy of my files when I'm done

Thanks but I wasn't trying to combine them.  I am only interested in JNSQ and I don't know how OPM got installed.