Jump to content

[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]


Galileo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Something in JNSQ is breaking Mechjeb in 1.12.x. I have tested this in both 1.12.1 and 1.12.2, limited to just JNSQ and its bare minimum requirements of Kopernicus (& ModularFlightIntegrator) and ModuleManager, as well as MechJeb itself. The issue is that many Mechjeb windows are completely missing on all vessels even in sandbox mode, and the settings window is entirely broken. I am unsure of whether it is you or the MechJeb devs who this needs to be reported to, but since MechJeb works fine in 1.12 alone and with all other mods I have tested it with, I can only assume the issue lies in some outdated component of JNSQ.

I am unable to post the full log; it is almost twice the size that Pastebin allows to post for free, and attempting to split it into multiple parts revealed what I can only assume to be a strange error in that website's code because it thinks that the log file contains questionable or offensive content for some inexplicable reason. I do, however, have a section which looks like it probably contains relevant information about the error: https://pastebin.com/CD2yGXEH

Other relevant information from the game load that generated this log:

  • KSP version: 1.12.2
  • ModuleManager version: 4.2.1
  • JNSQ version: 0.9.0.0
  • Kopernicus version: 1.12.1.59 (the error also occurrs with a slightly older 1.12 version of Kopernicus in KSP 1.12.1, so the slight game version difference here can be ruled out as the source of the problem)
  • Mechjeb version: 2.12.1.0 (I have also tested a few other versions of Mechjeb; all of them produce this error when combined with JNSQ)
  • ModularFlightIntegrator version is unknown as I cannot find a version file, but it is the version that is bundled with Kopernicus version 1.12.1.59

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, septemberWaves said:

Something in JNSQ is breaking Mechjeb in 1.12.x. I have tested this in both 1.12.1 and 1.12.2, limited to just JNSQ and its bare minimum requirements of Kopernicus (& ModularFlightIntegrator) and ModuleManager, as well as MechJeb itself. The issue is that many Mechjeb windows are completely missing on all vessels even in sandbox mode, and the settings window is entirely broken.

 

I'm playing w/ JNSQ and Mechjeb in 1.12.2, not encountering these issues. I have noticed a bit of similar-sounding weirdness from Astrogator (transfer maneuvers always miss) but MJ seems to work fine.

 

Edit: Take a look at this snippet from your log.

[ERR 08:13:36.087] MechJeb caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:
 
[ERR 08:13:36.087] Kronometer 1.0.0.0 GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Plugins\Kronometer\Plugins\Kronometer.dll

The latest version of JNSQ includes an outdated version of Kronometer. Try installing R-T-B's Kronometer patch from a few pages back.

Edited by limelier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@limelierThanks, I'll give that a try. What I find especially strange though is that this happened even after I removed Kronometer while narrowing down the issue, hence why my mod list was as above.

EDIT: I see there is a version of Kronometer lurking within the JNSQ file itself. I have removed it and installed R-T-B's recent 1.12 patch, but this does not seem to have resolved the issue. I'm not entirely certain that the patch was installed correctly, since Kronometer doesn't seem to be working in-game either.

Edited by septemberWaves
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

Something in JNSQ is breaking Mechjeb in 1.12.x. *snip*

 

I am also having the same problem. I've installed JNSQ through CKAN and when I install all of the dependencies alone (without JNSQ) mechjeb works perfectly fine. As soon as I install JNSQ, it breaks the positioning of the MJ window, breaks the settings window, etc. It's worth noting that MJ still.... works (as far as I can tell), it's just that everything defaults to the top left of the screen. Pretty much the error commented on in issue 1467 on the Mechjeb2 github. (I won't post a link so that this post will make it through moderation.)

 

If I then remove JNSQ, mechjeb is fixed. So the problem is DEFINITELY inside of JNSQ somewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

I am also having the same problem. I've installed JNSQ through CKAN and when I install all of the dependencies alone (without JNSQ) mechjeb works perfectly fine. As soon as I install JNSQ, it breaks the positioning of the MJ window, breaks the settings window, etc. It's worth noting that MJ still.... works (as far as I can tell), it's just that everything defaults to the top left of the screen. Pretty much the error commented on in issue 1467 on the Mechjeb2 github. (I won't post a link so that this post will make it through moderation.)

 

If I then remove JNSQ, mechjeb is fixed. So the problem is DEFINITELY inside of JNSQ somewhere. 

Not definitely - did you try JNSQ *without* Kronometer? The Kronometer config file is in JNSQ, so if the problem is Kronometer, it would also only happen with JNSQ installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Apricot said:

My KSC is floating after a game crash. Creating new games or reinstalling JNSQ/Kopernicus won't fix the problem. :confused:

You might have to redo your game settings.  Go into your KSP folder and delete the file settings.cfg and restart KSP.  (Restarting will create a new settings.cfg.)  When the game restarts, go into Settings and reselect all your settings.  For Terrain Detail I recommend using JNSQ_High.  The elevation of KSC was designed around the JNSQ_High settings, so other terrain settings could result in KSP floating.

Note that the JNSQ specific terrain settings are selectable only when a new setting.cfg file is created.  You can't select or change them later.  That's why you must delete and recreate settings.cfg.

 

Edited by OhioBob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

You might have to redo your game settings.  Go into your KSP folder and delete the file settings.cfg and restart KSP.  (Restarting will create a new settings.cfg.)  When the game restarts, go into Settings and reselect all your settings.  For Terrain Detail I recommend using JNSQ_High.  The elevation of KSC was designed around the JNSQ_High settings, so other terrain settings could result in KSP floating.

Note that the JNSQ specific terrain settings are selectable only when a new setting.cfg file is created.  You can't select or change them later.  That's why you must delete and recreate settings.cfg.

 

This works brilliantly. Thank you so much!

Edited by Apricot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, maybe this have been asked before but anyone know why my sun is pretty small when i set this option to true? 

// Set True to enable scatterer sunflare shader
// Set False to use Unity sunflare shader

@Scatterer_config:FOR[zJNSQ]
{
    @fullLensFlareReplacement = True           <-----------------
}

might it be using the default sized sun or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kerdel said:

Hi, maybe this have been asked before but anyone know why my sun is pretty small when i set this option to true? 

// Set True to enable scatterer sunflare shader
// Set False to use Unity sunflare shader

@Scatterer_config:FOR[zJNSQ]
{
    @fullLensFlareReplacement = True           <-----------------
}

might it be using the default sized sun or something?

It's just cause the Scatterer lens flare is better sized to the sun you see, and the sun is a lot smaller in JNSQ Kerbin's sky than it is in stock Kerbin's. The Unity sunflare kinda obscures that fact.

Edited by RyanRising
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, New Horizons said:

What is your best strategy to reach Moho orbit? DeltaVee requirements seem huge.

While this involved two launches, some LKO refueling, and the EVA Transfer add-on, it could also work fully stock + DLC with normal docking ports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a good Kerbalism Config file for a JNSQ game?  I tried modifying the default config and none of the capsules are showing any life support.  P.S. I have ProbesBeforeCrew also which might be screwing with things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2021 at 3:30 AM, septemberWaves said:

Something in JNSQ is breaking Mechjeb in 1.12.x. I have tested this in both 1.12.1 and 1.12.2, limited to just JNSQ and its bare minimum requirements of Kopernicus (& ModularFlightIntegrator) and ModuleManager, as well as MechJeb itself. The issue is that many Mechjeb windows are completely missing on all vessels even in sandbox mode, and the settings window is entirely broken. I am unsure of whether it is you or the MechJeb devs who this needs to be reported to, but since MechJeb works fine in 1.12 alone and with all other mods I have tested it with, I can only assume the issue lies in some outdated component of JNSQ.

I am unable to post the full log; it is almost twice the size that Pastebin allows to post for free, and attempting to split it into multiple parts revealed what I can only assume to be a strange error in that website's code because it thinks that the log file contains questionable or offensive content for some inexplicable reason. I do, however, have a section which looks like it probably contains relevant information about the error: https://pastebin.com/CD2yGXEH

Other relevant information from the game load that generated this log:

  • KSP version: 1.12.2
  • ModuleManager version: 4.2.1
  • JNSQ version: 0.9.0.0
  • Kopernicus version: 1.12.1.59 (the error also occurrs with a slightly older 1.12 version of Kopernicus in KSP 1.12.1, so the slight game version difference here can be ruled out as the source of the problem)
  • Mechjeb version: 2.12.1.0 (I have also tested a few other versions of Mechjeb; all of them produce this error when combined with JNSQ)
  • ModularFlightIntegrator version is unknown as I cannot find a version file, but it is the version that is bundled with Kopernicus version 1.12.1.59

 

Yes I am having the same problem myself as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mdapol said:

I noticed a bug with JNSQ.  When you go to the Tracking Station and look at the information for the planetary body, the rotational period is given in "days, hours" but is using the default 6 hour day.

You need to get the latest Kopernicus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kerdel said:

Is it normal in JNSQ to have signal thru the planet around here?

Yes, but just not JNSQ, it can happen for all celestial bodies.  How much the signal passes through a body depends on the game difficulty.  You can change it by adjusting the "Occlusion modifier" slider in the game difficulty settings.  As I understand it, a modifier of 1 means that the body will occlude any signal where the line-of-sight passes below sea level.  Modifiers less than 1 will allow signals to pass through the the outer edges of the body.  While modifiers greater than 1 can occlude signals even if the line-of-sight clears the edge of the body.

 

Edited by OhioBob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Yes, but just not JNSQ, it can happen for all celestial bodies.  How much the signal passes through a body depends on the game difficulty.  You can change it by adjusting the "Occlusion modifier" slider in the game difficulty settings.  As I understand it, a modifier of 1 means that the body will occlude any signal where the line-of-sight passes below sea level.  Modifiers less than 1 will allow signals to pass through the the outer edges of the body.  While modifiers greater than 1 can occlude signals even if the line-of-sight clears the edge of the body.

 

Thanks a lot! Im going to change that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...