[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

@OhioBob @linuxgurugamer Difference between time and time that DatedQuickSave sets to the filename is 6 hours, probably related to 

0.10.0 Change log
Changed game start time to 6:00 UT--sunrise at KSC (requires Kronometer).

kMfBT4g.jpeg

ksp.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-h3yOCRKVOLtb2Zki

Also this problem of Kronometer, in the create Manual Time Alarm input, a day is still 6 hours

ZDJ1WLP.jpeg

1 hour ago, flart said:

@OhioBob @linuxgurugamer Difference between time and time that DatedQuickSave sets to the filename is 6 hours, probably related to 

Dated Quicksaves (which is in a different thread) does this:

ut = Planetarium.GetUniversalTime();
                times = Utilities.ConvertUT(ut);

public static int[] ConvertUT(double UT)
        {
            double time = UT;
            int[] ret = { 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 };
            ret[0] = (int)Math.Floor(time / (KSPUtil.dateTimeFormatter.Year)) + 1; //year
            time %= (KSPUtil.dateTimeFormatter.Year);
            ret[1] = (int)Math.Floor(time / (KSPUtil.dateTimeFormatter.Day)) + 1; //days
            time %= (KSPUtil.dateTimeFormatter.Day);
            ret[2] = (int)Math.Floor(time / (KSPUtil.dateTimeFormatter.Hour)); //hours
            time %= (KSPUtil.dateTimeFormatter.Hour);
            ret[3] = (int)Math.Floor(time / (KSPUtil.dateTimeFormatter.Minute)); //minutes
            time %= (KSPUtil.dateTimeFormatter.Minute);
            ret[4] = (int)Math.Floor(time); //seconds

return ret;
        }

As you see, it gets the current time from the Planetarium, I don't know what JNSQ is doing internally with the time offsets.

1 hour ago, flart said:

Also this problem of Kronometer, in the create Manual Time Alarm input, a day is still 6 hours

That's the stock alarm clock, have you tried it with KAC as a comparision?

@flart, I assume you updated JNSQ in the middle of an existing save?  If that's the case, it's probably best to delete the file, JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/OffsetTime.cfg.  The time offset is really only intended for those stating new games.

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know what JNSQ is doing internally with the time offsets.

We're just adding 1/2 rotation to Kerbin and 6 hours to the displayed time so the game starts at 6 UT (sunrise) instead of 0 UT (sunset).

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
    @Body[Kerbin]
    {
        @Properties
        {

@initialRotation += 180
        }
    }
}

@Kronometer:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
    @DisplayDate
    {
        @PrintDate
        {
            @offsetTime = 21600
        }
        @PrintDateNew
        {
            @offsetTime = 21600
        }
        @PrintDateCompact
        {
            @offsetTime = 21600
        }
    }
}

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

@flart, I assume you updated JNSQ in the middle of an existing save?  If that's the case, it's probably best to delete the file, JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/OffsetTime.cfg.  The time offset is really only intended for those stating new games.

We're just adding 1/2 rotation to Kerbin and 6 hours to the displayed time so the game starts at 6 UT (sunrise) instead of 0 UT (sunset).

Reveal hidden contents

@Kopernicus:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
    @Body[Kerbin]
    {
        @Properties
        {

@initialRotation += 180
        }
    }
}

@Kronometer:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
    @DisplayDate
    {
        @PrintDate
        {
            @offsetTime = 21600
        }
        @PrintDateNew
        {
            @offsetTime = 21600
        }
        @PrintDateCompact
        {
            @offsetTime = 21600
        }
    }
}

ok, so it shouldn't be anything which Kronometer or Dated Quicksave needs to worry about, your comment about the OffsetTime.cfg sounds like it will solve the problem

10 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Each JNSQ year is exactly 365 solar days, in which each solar day is exactly 12 hours.

Can someone tell me if the stock size JNSQ using sigma is 365 days/year and 6 hour days? Or is it back to 426 days/year as in stock.

5 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Can someone tell me if the stock size JNSQ using sigma is 365 days/year and 6 hour days? Or is it back to 426 days/year as in stock.

Neither.  We should get 6-hour days and 461 + a fraction days per year (which I have verified in-game to be true).

In standard JNSQ (1/4 real scale) we have 365 days per year and 12-hour days.  That's 365*12 = 4380 hours per year.

At 1/10 real scale (≈stock scale), we're 1/2.5 times the size of standard JNSQ.  Therefore we divide by SQRT(2.5) to get the new year duration.  That is,

4380 / SQRT(2.5) = 2770.15523 hours.

At 1/10th scale we have 6-hour days, so the duration of a year is,

2770.15523 / 6 = 461.6925384 days

or 461 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes, 18.8 seconds.

Edited by OhioBob

On 7/24/2020 at 4:22 AM, Jacky_Rabbit said:

There is a small amount of hope to get home when you use Nertea's Atomic Aerospikes from his Nuclear Propulsion Mod. They are the only engines I know so far which can deal with the 40 atm on the surface of Nara. That is 4 times more than on JNSQ-Eve's surface and 10 times more than on Stock-Eve's surface. All other engines ISP drops down to zero at this level of atmospheric pressure even normal Aerospike engines.

I was actually just wondering this. It makes sense now, that the planet has such a high atm pressure that you can’t take off

All other engines ISP drops down to zero at this level of atmospheric pressure even normal Aerospike engines.

We're working on something to fix that.  While all engines currently in the game won't work at 40 psi ambient pressure, there's no real-world reason why an engine with a high enough combustion chamber pressure couldn't work.  Real-life staged combustion engines have well exceeded a chamber pressure of 200 atm.  We're planning to provide an optional engine part - a staged combustion aerospike - that will work on Nara.

In case any of you guys are interested in playing JNSQ with RealAntennas, I pushed a patch PR to RA github with some DSN locations around Kerbin for use with JNSQ. I mainly wrote this for my next playthrough but testing/suggestions are welcome. Note that you need both files - one replaces the RA stock config - otherwise you'll get double the locations. 

I noticed a bit of a problem of Krel, Eeloo, Celes, Tam, Nara, Amos, Enon, Prax where there was some invalid terrain due to floating-point accuracy.  This is patched in 1.12.  Minor issue,  Kanadian space agency also had it.  (Yes!  They managed to ascend from nara after finding the nara anomaly without a single pair of ruby slippers!)

On 10/27/2021 at 6:47 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

How many days are in a JNSQ year?  I need to convert JNSQ real date to Y/D for TWP, and trying to understand if Jan 1, 2002 falls on Y2D1 or Y1D366.

Same as real life.   365 days.  Even lindor has an IRL year length - 29 years.  Being as realistic as possible.

5 hours ago, JNSQFan said:

I need to convert JNSQ real date to Y/D for TWP

If you have a supported Kronometer installed, TriggerAu's Transfer Window Planner uses JNSQ dates and units, including 12 hour days and 4380 hour years.

I think leap years are handed by the Kronometer configuration in JNSQ too.

5 hours ago, JNSQFan said:

I noticed a bit of a problem of Krel, Eeloo, Celes, Tam, Nara, Amos, Enon, Prax where there was some invalid terrain due to floating-point accuracy.  This is patched in 1.12.

I haven't seen that fixed. I found it still too easy to sink into terrain in KSP 1.12, at least on Enon. Try cheating the stock Crater Crawler craft out to Enon and drive around toward the hills to the right, and you'll eventually sink into the ground.  Installing Parallax with a JNSQ configuration didn't fix it, and neither did removing the DLCs or adding the Making Less History mod that strips the Making History plugins while keeping its craft parts. Don't know if this is Kopernicus or not, or part of the floating point errors introduced by the extreme distances.

On 10/30/2021 at 9:45 AM, Fargutin said:

Hello, I am experiencing some difficulties with the scatterer mod in JNSQ, the scattering on EVE clouds is nonexistent (during sunset,sunrise) and on the ground. Has anyone experienced this issue and resolved it?

I got these working as intended, but I used Blackrack's optimized EVE and his most recent Scatterer to do it. I think I need to make a new how-to-install video.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
You did ask about leap years, sorry about that.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I think leap years are handed by the Kronometer configuration in JNSQ too.

While Kronometer has the ability to handle leap years, this is not applicable to JNSQ.  Since the years in JNSQ are exactly 365 days, there is no fractional day to carryover, therefore no need for leap years.

However, at 1x scale the number of 6-hour days in a year does not work out to be a whole number, but leap years are turned off.  With leap years off, the extra time is added at the end of each year as a fraction of a day. While with leap years on, the extra time is accumulated until there is enough to add a full day at the end of a year.   In 1x JNSQ the year is about 461.69 days, so we get 461 whole days and a 462nd day that lasts 4h:09m.

In 10x JNSQ we again have exactly 365 days, though each day is 24 hours instead of 12 hours.

I came across a bug in KSP with regards to the alarm clock.  

I created a brand new install, and using CKAN,  installed JNSQ & KerbalAlarmClock

For example:  

Started a new game, settings were set  (as default) to Display Kerbin Time (6h days, 426 d/year)

I set an alarm for 200 days in advance.

• Stock alarm clock then showed an alarm for 100 days in the future
  • KAC showed an alarm for 200 days in the future

I then changed the system settings to show time in Earth (24 hour, 365 days/year) time.  After setting an alarm for 200 days in advance, I saw the following:

• Stock alarm clock showed the alarm for 35 days in the future
  • KAC showed the alarm for 200 days in the future

This bug has been confirmed by @TriggerAu

There is a fix for this here:

Hey Hello,
Firstly, THANK YOU for this great planet pack! :wink:

I'm trying to install some mods with CKAN for my first JNSQ game, where I mostly want to explore, do science and colonize/ISRU.

I'm trying to find out, if this mods work together in JNSQ, maybe somebody here had tried them together:

- Far Future Technologies (+ System Heat + Space Dust )
> I think this doesn't work with JNSQ + RR + Kerbalism or am I wrong? (for example the "drill" to extract Helium-3 ?)
>> And if this doesn't work, can you recommend some other "high-tech/fast" (non-warp) engine mod(s) instead?

- Procedural Parts
> This should work with JNSQ + RR + Kerbalism or do I need some extra patches for it?

- Ferram Aerospace Research Continued
> Should I use it with JNSQ or is it better without?

- Global Construction or Extraplanetary Launchpads or ??
> Which mod(s) can you recommend for ISRU building/harvesting with JNSQ + RR + Kerbalism?

Do you have some other suggestion for "must have" colonizing/ISRU mods for JNSQ + RR + Kerbalism, that I should install?

Edited by N3N

12 hours ago, N3N said:

Should I use [Ferram Aerospace] with JNSQ

That depends on your play style. FAR works very well with JNSQ but make sure you use the Module Manager and Modular Flight Integrator included with Kopernicus, and not the ones included with FAR.

Extraplanetary Launchpads does work - I had to build my warp ship in orbit as Roverdude's engines don't launch well from the surface.

From what I've read, CKAN's attempt to install planetary system add-ons doesn't work well with JNSQ. Maybe just avoid CKAN add-ons that require Kopernicus normally. Anything that messes with resources might also conflict with Rational Resources, but the current JNSQ doesn't include it anymore so maybe it's OK now.

Get a current Kronometer so 2.5x days and years display correctly.

Hello Gordon,

Thank you!

By the way, I want to try JNSQ, because of your great YouTube-Series! :)

7 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

That depends on your play style. FAR works very well with JNSQ but make sure you use the Module Manager and Modular Flight Integrator included with Kopernicus, and not the ones included with FAR.

Extraplanetary Launchpads does work - I had to build my warp ship in orbit as Roverdude's engines don't launch well from the surface.

Ok, I will use FAR and Extraplanetary Launchpad.

7 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

From what I've read, CKAN's attempt to install planetary system add-ons doesn't work well with JNSQ. Maybe just avoid CKAN add-ons that require Kopernicus normally. Anything that messes with resources might also conflict with Rational Resources, but the current JNSQ doesn't include it anymore so maybe it's OK now.

Get a current Kronometer so 2.5x days and years display correctly.

OK, thank you, I will install the planet pack and EVE, scatterer, planetshine and so on, manually.

>> CKAN always wants to install the "old/standard" profiles for this mods, but JNSQ should have his own, or am I wrong?

On 5/30/2019 at 7:58 PM, Galileo said:

Updated TweakChutes to hopefully properly respond to FAR/RealChute

The changelog of bundled TweakChute says it's v0.3.0, but its timestamp says it's from July 17, 2021.

As the latest official release of TweakChute is v0.3.1 and from February 29, 2020, I wonder if everything is as it should be.