[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

TWP (mod) + KAC has been flawless for me, for years.

That's what I use as well.  There was a time when it wasn't compatible with Kronometer, but that was years ago.  Of late I've had no issues.

17 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I can only say what my own experience is, but the stock stuff never worked for me, even for the stock system. TWP (mod) + KAC has been flawless for me, for years. I use TWP+KAC on a regular basis for JNSQ, KSRSS, and stock + whatever.  

KSPCommunityPatches adjusts stock alarms to whatever your homeworld day/time system is, just FYI.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:21 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Am I just misremembering things, or has Kerbin’s atmosphere shrunk? I’m sure it used to be 85km but now it’s only 80km?

Yes, it shrunk.  I redid the atmospheres in one of the more recent updates.  General properties are unchanged, however.

14 hours ago, Kwebib said:

@OhioBob I'm curious what your reasoning was for the atmosphere changes.

I rewrote the spreadsheet that I use to create atmospheres.  And when I added the configs to make it possible for JNSQ, GPP and GEP to all be used together, I just thought the time was right to redo the atmospheres in all three planet packs so that they're all made to the same standard.  The surface conditions are unchanged, but the temperature and pressure curves at altitude are a bit different.  In most cases probably not enough to really notice a difference.  But many of the heights changed.

What do people use for visual mods in JNSQ? I've tried Ad Astra but it seems to be out of date and doesn't work correctly in 1.12.3 (no clouds, Lindor's rings are thick translucent lumps instead of the proper textures), I believe the configs are correct but it may be the recent changes to scatterer and EVE have made it no longer compatible?

On 2/9/2022 at 12:00 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

What do people use for visual mods in JNSQ? I've tried Ad Astra but it seems to be out of date and doesn't work correctly in 1.12.3 (no clouds, Lindor's rings are thick translucent lumps instead of the proper textures), I believe the configs are correct but it may be the recent changes to scatterer and EVE have made it no longer compatible?

Why not just use what comes with JNSQ?

31 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Why not just use what comes with JNSQ?

JNSQ's own configs don't work with the latest versions of scatterer. However, I didn't realise JNSQ had its own EVE/scatterer configs and since Ad Astra just won't work for me it looks like I'm going to be sticking with those, with a version downgrade to 0.0723 for scatterer since I know that one works.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Something was borked with my System Heat install.

Nuked it from orbit ( or at least from my GameData folder ), and re-installed a fresh downloaded copy, and it's all working as expected.

I have loops, I have heat generators, I no longer have explody kraken vessels.

Not sure exactly what went wrong where, but a re-install of the SH mod seems to have corrected whatever it was.

----- Original Message for Posterity -----

I think I have a potential mod conflict, and not sure where/what might be causing it.  Can't find anything that jumps out from the logs.

I have a 1.12.3 install, with JNSQ and RR installed, along with a lot of the usual part packs ( Near Future, Far Future, Planetary Bases, etc. ).  I do not have any life support mods installed.

I'm trying to use Nertea's System Heat ( now part of the NF/FF family ), but I'm not seeing *any* heat output / system on things that generate heat ( engines, converters, reactors ).  I do see the expected System Heat entries on the radiator parts in the VAB.

I have the system heat menu that comes up, and I see the system heat menus, but all of my "loops" are showing zero input, zero rejection, no matter what I do.  

Is anyone else using System Heat successfully with JNSQ + RR?  

I've reached the stage of my career playthrough where I start using ISRUs to explore deeper into the Kerbol system, and my first drilling platform just exploded due to a weird overheating interaction ( taking out two of my Kerbals ).  :(

Edited by coredumpster
Fixed

On 2/9/2022 at 6:00 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

I recently had the issue with Lindor's rings as well (without using Ad Astra). I tried to track it down to some mod incompatability or false settings. In the end what solved it for me was completely removing the following folders (if you have them):

Spoiler

GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

GameData\JNSQ

GameData\Kopernicus

GameData\ModularFlightIntegrator

GameData\scatterer

and then reinstalling the following mods: Kopernicus, scatterer (0.0772), JNSQ, EveRedux 11.6.1 (with Eve you should have clouds). I did not have to delete my settings.cfg in the KSP main folder after doing that.

I still don't know what caused the issue. My best guess is something corrupted some settings in any of the mods mentioned above - I just didn't want to spend more time tracking it down. After all, I 'solved' my issue.

After encountering the issue, I tried a new, clean KSP install of only these mods, then adding more and more mods (in a bundle because I had too many). After triggering it, I removed them one after another, trying to see if it would work again. It didn't. I was left with the initial folders/mods, but the issue still persisted. Did a fress install of the mods again. Worked again. So I deleted the above mentioned folders in my heavily modded main KSP game and replaced them with a fresh install. It worked. So I don't think it's really a mod. It's rather a setting. It may or may not be triggered by opening some settings window (such as scatterer or eve), but that's just a wild guess and I don't have any expertise on that subject. Bottom line, it works for me again and I didn't want to spend more hours on tracking it down.

There's still a scatterer error in my log when looking at Lindor. Something like "System.Exception: Scatterer doesn't support tiled/thick Kopernicus rings (not implemented)". But it's not a visual issue, so I just ignore. Problems go away when you ignore them, right? :D

Sorry for the late response. I hope it still helps you - or others.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to share my appreciation for what you guys have done here. As someone who has no real issues in stock scale other than getting off of Eve it was refreshing to have real design challenges to do as little as manned Mun landings and has generated great excitement to explore the Kerbin system for the first time in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 3:14 AM, namreK haidebeJ said:

Umm... why is the KSC floating on a tiny little island? I have Kerbal Konstructs installed.

Nevermind... I screwed something up.

yoo, i got the same bug but am too stupid to fix it, could you tell me what your problem was?

10 hours ago, elbug said:

yoo, i got the same bug but am too stupid to fix it, could you tell me what your problem was?

I had forgotten to clean out the GameData folder before installing. Specifically, it was an RSS KerbalKonstructs thing that caused the issue.