[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

36 minutes ago, gooh12 said:

there are such artifacts at all the poles of the planets.

This is a well-known problem with KSP's terrain system, which stores terrain as a grid of latitude-longitude trapezoids. It shows up to some degree not just in JNSQ but in every planet pack I've ever seen, including the stock system. Because the problem is deeply baked in to the game's internal logic, it would be extremely difficult to fix, and I doubt a general solution currently exists. (Kopernicus certainly can't fix it.)

22 minutes ago, Leganeski said:

Поскольку проблема глубоко укоренилась во внутренней логике игры, исправить ее будет крайне сложно, и я сомневаюсь, что в настоящее время существует общее решение. (Конечно, Коперник не может это исправить.)

But I didn't have this problem before. The game was completely reinstalled, a clean version of JNSQ.

22 minutes ago, gooh12 said:

The game was completely reinstalled, a clean version of JNSQ.

When I say "terrain artifact", I mean an irregularity with the physical planet itself. It looks like there's a spike at the pole because there really is a spike at the pole, which can be seen and interacted with on the ground. The spike is part of Kerbin's actual terrain as defined by JNSQ, which is why you're seeing it on a clean JNSQ installation.

1 hour ago, gooh12 said:

But I didn't have this problem before.

The terrain glitch is always present. However, from the picture, my guess is that a low texture quality setting is causing the problem to appear much worse than it actually is. You could try increasing your texture quality to see whether that helps.

Hi all I was hoping some one could help with a few issues I have please

I am using

JNSQ,GPP and GEP

I have set them up correctly EG JNSQ + GPP + GPP_Secondary + GEP with the 2.5X mod for GPP and GEP.I have confirmed they work and every thing loads fine.But if I add KK the game hangs at load screen and the RAM resources go through the roof till the game crashes to desk top.

secondly is setting for terrain detail to max JNSQ_HIGH seems to cause the terrain detail to reset and not save its setting. When I go back into the options this is what shows

B8lnj5p.png

The planets and textures look great in flight but in the map view kerbins textures look low res

KIXiMHp.png

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, stk2008 said:

secondly is setting for terrain detail to max JNSQ_HIGH seems to cause the terrain detail to reset and not save its setting. When I go back into the options this is what shows

I think that's normal. "JNSQ_HIGH" only shows once after you delete settings.cfg.  Open settings.cfg with a text editor and IIRC the terrain detail should be "5", but I don't have a current JNSQ playthrough to confirm.

Your settings screen shows 2x antialiasing. Are you using Scatterer? If yes turn off KSP AA and let Scatterer handle that.

I am not using scatterer so can I leave it enabled?

p.s

any ideas on the other issue which is when I install KK with JNSQ,GEP and GPP and its dependancy it never loads.Linux did mention it a few pages back.

With out KK all the planet packs run fine I followed a post by ohiobob

it just hangs at loading screen and eats all the ram till it crashes

On 10/17/2022 at 4:54 PM, stk2008 said:

any ideas on the other issue which is when I install KK with JNSQ,GEP and GPP and its dependancy it never loads.Linux did mention it a few pages back.

With out KK all the planet packs run fine I followed a post by ohiobob

it just hangs at loading screen and eats all the ram till it crashes

Did you try to restart the game without installing/uninstalling anything? I had a similar problem, not sure if it was KK or something else, but it's broken after installing and fixes itself with the second launch.

Has anybody found a fix for or even experienced the problem of Jool and lindor being pitch black when paired with EVE. The almost look like black holes with colored borders. I am working on a JNSQ + GEP + GPP build and all textures and atmospheres appear fine accept the JNSQ Gas giants. Also EVE is slightly off. Other gas giants in the GPP Secondary and GEP look good.

4 hours ago, Big Katz said:

Has anybody found a fix for or even experienced the problem of Jool and lindor being pitch black when paired with EVE. The almost look like black holes with colored borders. I am working on a JNSQ + GEP + GPP build and all textures and atmospheres appear fine accept the JNSQ Gas giants. Also EVE is slightly off. Other gas giants in the GPP Secondary and GEP look good.

Do you have scatterer installed, and if so, what version?  JNSQ is not compatiable with 0.08+ versions of scatterer, so if that's the problem, revert back to v0.0772.

On 10/30/2022 at 11:17 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Am I the only one who has a Class A asteroid being about 1000 tons?  It's bit much, I would have expected it to be about:

2.5^3 == about 15 tons (assuming the normal class A is 10 tons)

Asteroids are a bit messed up in the current release of JNSQ.  The issue has been fixed, but not yet released.  I really need to release an update just to fix a few minor things, such as this.  If you want to update your installation, go to the file JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/Asteroids.cfg and make the following change:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]]:FOR[JNSQ]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAsteroid]
	{
		@density *= 33  // Stock asteroids will have density of 1.0; Number taken from RSS
		%maxRadiusMultiplier = 1.67  //Default is 1.25
		%minRadiusMultiplier = 1  //Default is 0.75
	}
}

That being said, asteroids are quite a bit more massive in JNSQ then they are in stock.  It's not because we've made the them all that much bigger, but because we've made them denser.  Densities are unrealistically low in stock, so we increased the density to a more lifelike value.

(edit)

I just noticed an issue with your math.  2.5^3 = about a 15x increase.  So a 10-ton asteroid would be about 150 tons.

If I'm reading our changes correctly, we've increased radius by 1/3 and density by 33 times.  So I think we should expect asteroids in JNSQ to be about 1.333^3 * 33 = 78 times more massive than they are in stock.

Edited by OhioBob

Hi, I had some inquiries and issues with JNSQ:

1. How long is a Kerbin year in JNSQ? Given the different scale, I'd have to guess that it's not the usual 426 days we're used to.
  2. All the terrain on Kerbin appears very bright in colour, inconsistent with how the planet looks from far away. I'm pretty sure this is a glitch.
    It doesn't interfere with gameplay too significantly, but it's strange and I'm wondering if there's a fix for it.
    - At the launch pad: https://i.imgur.com/fzT7h40.png
    - Panned out: https://i.imgur.com/xvDt6Me.png
  3. A lot of the celestial bodies look awfully samey; lots of cratered, single-tone grey everywhere. Is this intentional?
    If visual updates are under consideration for JNSQ, I recommend giving the similar ones a defining feature to make them stand out from each other more, like a massive crater, speckles, a large valley, two colours/shades, etc.
    - https://i.imgur.com/tCXNrrB.png

@intelliCom

fix for 2.

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[JNSQ]:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		@PQS
		{
			@Mods
			{	
				@LandControl
				{
					@landClasses
					{
						@Class,*
						{
							@color = 0,0,0,0
							@noiseColor = 0,0,0,0
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}			
	}
}

No clue why this is not inside JNSQ update, but to be dug out from the forums.

fix for 3.
don't use latest scatterer, use 0.772

Edited by Gordon Dry

27 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@intelliCom

fix for 2.

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[JNSQ]:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		@PQS
		{
			@Mods
			{	
				@LandControl
				{
					@landClasses
					{
						@Class,*
						{
							@color = 0,0,0,0
							@noiseColor = 0,0,0,0
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}			
	}
}

No clue why this is not inside JNSQ update, but to be dug out from the forums.

fix for 3.
don't use latest scatterer, use 0.772

I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with configs and the like. I assume this replaces existing text in a file, but I don't want to make a mistake here.

I am already forced to scatterer 0.772 due to GEP, but thankfully I'm supposed to be anyways. I don't think the worlds being grey is a glitch, but rather just how JNSQ looks. It was more of an aesthetic nitpick, but if they're actually supposed to look unique from one another, please let me know.

In an order not relevant to the imgur image, the celestial bodies that look too similar to me are:

• Mun
  • Ike
  • Edna
  • Dres
  • Talos
  • Prax
Edited by intelliCom