[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

To add planets to the stock system, you already have one mod for that: OPM.

JNSQ already includes its own outer planets. And OPM is not "Outer" at all when installed next to JNSQ due to its scale...also OPMs aesthetics fit stock, but not JNSQ. 

People need to get out of the mindset that OPM fits with everything, because that is not the case.

But also consider this, most people want more bodies, but will never visit them. 31 bodies is a lot. I can guarantee that 99.99% of users will not go past Duna without hyperedit. Maybe a few will, but most likely not. It's only mildly frustrating that we put in so much work that most people won't see beyond the tracking station lol

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

But also consider this, most people want more bodies, but will never visit them.

Yeah agreed I love(d) GPP and had OPM and GEP bundled with them, but I never visited all the bodies, not even close! I have yet to visit all the JNSQ ones either.

14 hours ago, Galileo said:

JNSQ already includes its own outer planets. And OPM is not "Outer" at all when installed next to JNSQ due to its scale...also OPMs aesthetics fit stock, but not JNSQ. 

People need to get out of the mindset that OPM fits with everything, because that is not the case.

But also consider this, most people want more bodies, but will never visit them. 31 bodies is a lot. I can guarantee that 99.99% of users will not go past Duna without hyperedit. Maybe a few will, but most likely not. It's only mildly frustrating that we put in so much work that most people won't see beyond the tracking station lol

That's what I said, OPM is for adding planets to stock system.

JNSQ is Stock+OPM at x2.7 scale.

And I went just to Jool in Stock, OPM and JNSQ and I still have to get to Outer worlds, true.

14 hours ago, Galileo said:

It's only mildly frustrating that we put in so much work that most people won't see beyond the tracking station lol

My rule for my own career play through is to look at the orbits. distances and relative locations of the planets but never zoom in until I have actually gone there. Zooming in on the map is spoilers! So I don't at present have much information on what's really waiting out there as I have only visited Moho -> Duna. That said, so far, brilliant planet pack, thanks a bunch.

17 hours ago, Galileo said:

I found, that a break from modding is giving me more time to play. I'm on route to Eeloo in my stock game and Eve and Jool 5 mission after that. Then it's time to try JNSQ :)

3 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

My rule for my own career play through is to look at the orbits. distances and relative locations of the planets but never zoom in until I have actually gone there. Zooming in on the map is spoilers!

Same here. The problem is I like the challenge (using mods and settings), so my progress is very slow. After 2.5 years playing an OPM career, I only sent a probe or two to Sarnus' SOI, and that's it. I'm afraid I'll switch to KSP2 before I manage to see more of OPM or JNSQ planets, which is really a pity.

What are these for an every planet?

[WRN 12:43:59.488] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Edna'
[LOG 12:43:59.490] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map Edna_heightmap (G) for Edna of path JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Edna_heightmap.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 12:44:00.128] [OD] ---> Map Edna_heightmap (G) for Edna enabling self. Path = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Edna_heightmap.dds
[LOG 12:44:00.129] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map Edna_heightmap (G) for Edna of path JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Edna_heightmap.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 12:44:00.405] [OD] ---> Map Edna_heightmap (G) for Edna enabling self. Path = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Edna_heightmap.dds

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hXvBXCN7qnZofUb4?e=PTsgBz

5 hours ago, flart said:

What are these for an every planet?

[WRN 12:43:59.488] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Edna'
[LOG 12:43:59.490] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map Edna_heightmap (G) for Edna of path JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Edna_heightmap.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 12:44:00.128] [OD] ---> Map Edna_heightmap (G) for Edna enabling self. Path = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Edna_heightmap.dds
[LOG 12:44:00.129] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map Edna_heightmap (G) for Edna of path JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Edna_heightmap.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 12:44:00.405] [OD] ---> Map Edna_heightmap (G) for Edna enabling self. Path = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Edna_heightmap.dds

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hXvBXCN7qnZofUb4?e=PTsgBz

Harmless "errors" related to on demand loading. Ignore them. They have zero effect on performance and do not cause any problems. 

That first error saying "cannot find preset for Edna", that's because you did not choose a terrain setting for JNSQ in your graphic settings. 

On 11/14/2019 at 12:40 PM, Galileo said:

I am the 0.01% :wink:

On 11/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, Galileo said:

That first error saying "cannot find preset for Edna", that's because you did not choose a terrain setting for JNSQ in your graphic settings.

What preset is supported? I choosed an one point better than the default and

[WRN 15:37:36.106] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Edna'

Edited by flart

1 hour ago, flart said:

What preset is supported? I choosed an one point better than the default and

The JNSQ settings. They only show for the first time you start JNSQ KSP after removing the settings.cfg. After that they are listed as additional “High” settings. Basically the ‘three last High settings’.

Even if the name isn’t showing in the menu, they do get saved to the settings properly as JNSQ_Low, JNSQ_medium, and JNSQ_high. 

4 minutes ago, flart said:

Never was seeing them. Are they showed on the start screen? I have quickstart.

It's in your game settings.  First go to your KSP folder and delete settings.cfg.  Then start KSP with JNSQ installed.  From the main menu... Settings > Graphics > Terrain Detail.  Select one if the JNSQ terrain settings.

37 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Settings > Graphics > Terrain Detail.  Select one if the JNSQ terrain settings.

ok, got it. And the Terrain Details need to be set at the first time after launch, because JNSQ_Low, JNSQ_Default and JNSQ_High dissapears later.
Add this please to the Delete_settings.pdf

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

Even if the name isn’t showing in the menu, they do get saved to the settings properly as JNSQ_Low, JNSQ_medium, and JNSQ_high. 

it's exactly that was happening, I chosed first High (= JNSQ_Low), and was having

Does that mean that it wasn't saved properly?

Edited by flart

34 minutes ago, flart said:

ok, got it. And the Terrain Details need to be set at the first time after launch, because JNSQ_Low, JNSQ_Default and JNSQ_High dissapears later.
Add this please to the Delete_settings.pdf

it's exactly that was happening, I chosed first High (= JNSQ_Low), and was having

Does that mean that it wasn't saved properly?

You can always choose the settings. It’s just that the name itself only shows properly the first time. (The JNSQ settings will just all be called ‘High’ when you move the slider, and you’ll get an arrayoutofbounds exception)

If you check the settings.cfg it will show you which one it saved. It’s probably the right one as I recall similar log messages a while back when I played. As Galileo said; they’re (probably?) harmless. 

I agree that it’s not pretty, but it does work. 

Edited by Jognt

Since I updated to the latest version my computer runs out of memory very quickly. I have 16gb of RAM and literally 5 minutes after starting the game it become unresponsive. Really frustrating since it takes 20 minutes just to load the game. Did not have this issue before updating to the most recent version. 

Edited by subyng

Hi!

I'm a longtime lurker and player, and I finally had to make an account just to say "thank you".  This is by far the most polished planet pack I've played (even after GPP/GEP); you are all extremely talented. I love the realism and challenge JNSQ provides.

I've been playing career mode since 0.7, and so far so good (though the first mission to get into orbit was absolute hell without much tech). Since then, I've made it all the way out to Jool. While you might have all-but-murdered SSTOs on Kerbin, they're still alive and well on Laythe!

And now, finally, I have a real reason to visit Lindor: a Titan analogue. What an amazing surprise!

Thank you again!
-Tom

P.S. I'm never going to Nara. Ever. I can't even get off Eve.

5 hours ago, Jognt said:

You mean Jeb right?

One-way SCIENCE probe. That'd be Bob, right? Jeb would be the pathfinder mission, or maybe an impactor. Although I suppose that generates science as well, and would definitely be one-way.

You guys are all ahead of me. Been playing 1.8.1. lately, and my 1.7.3 JNSQ save is still limited to LKO and Munar probes. I need to get moving. Seconding the above comment on polish - JNSQ is truly top-notch, and if I only get to see Lindor and Nara in map view, well, at least I get to see something that looks awesome, even if not at full res.

Hey Galileo. Thought id just pick your brain for a sec. You know of the starless skybox during twilight hours, right? Seems to be a stock issue. Where the skybox doesn't click in until a certain point. Has any known attempt been made to eliminate this by anyone? My most requested feature for KSP2 is quickly becoming a smooth transition from day to night :p.as

Edited by Motokid600