[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Gordon Fecyk I believe it was you who asked about localization sometime ago? JNSQ now supports localization (even the loading tips) so have at it if you're still inclined. :) We got German and Italian already, though.

Interested in helping localize this beauty in the language of the baguette! Just point me in the right direction! 

Wow. Team Galileo, I'm glad you let me know localization was ready. My original offer was to go through the text and create localization tags for you, but this is good too.

I'm about to cut Episode 7 together after trekking on Duna's surface. Before I put this absurdity together, please tell me, and this is a definite spoiler:

Spoiler

Were all of the anomalies, aside from the Volcano, supposed to be identical sand dunes? No randolith? No face?

Nitpicky not-quite-bugs to report. JNSQ 0.8.6 under KSP 1.7.3:

1. Tam' s "flying low" height appears to be 5km from the moon's center. Most of the Highlands biome is taller than that. Maybe raise flying low to 10km?
  2. CelestialBodies.pdf, page 19 of 32 for Lindor, says "Natural satellites: Krel, Aden, Riga, Talos". Huygen is missing. It's just missing from the list, and there is a full page for Huygen afterwards.

And, completely-not-a-bug, Huygen is beautiful :)

7 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Nitpicky not-quite-bugs to report. JNSQ 0.8.6 under KSP 1.7.3:

1. Tam' s "flying low" height appears to be 5km from the moon's center. Most of the Highlands biome is taller than that. Maybe raise flying low to 10km?
  2. CelestialBodies.pdf, page 19 of 32 for Lindor, says "Natural satellites: Krel, Aden, Riga, Talos". Huygen is missing. It's just missing from the list, and there is a full page for Huygen afterwards.

Thanks, both items have been fixed.  I raised the spaceAltitudeThreshold for all three potatoroids (Tam, Dak and Gilly) by 5 km.  I forgot to take into account their irregular shapes.

Hello Galileo,

EDIT: And I apologize if that data is already in the pack download. I have been waiting for the Kopernicus update to play this for the first time on 1.8.1 so I haven't rooted around in the pack yet.

Is there a place to find the "statistics" for each planet/moon in the pack? I have a spreadsheet where I do a lot of my own delta v calculations (along with solar, gravity, etc). And I was hoping to get some descriptive numbers for each body:

• Gravity (Or SGP. I know GPP actually defined gravity exactly and calculated SGP from that, but stock KSP is the opposite)
  • Equatorial Radius
  • Apo
  • Peri
  • eccentricity (not necessary because can be derived from Apo/Peri)
  • Atmospheric Density
  • Atmosphere Height
  • # biomes

I'm happy to sift through files to grab these numbers too, if they're not already available somewhere.

Edited by Crixomix

13 minutes ago, Crixomix said:

Hello Galileo,

EDIT: And I apologize if that data is already in the pack download. I have been waiting for the Kopernicus update to play this for the first time on 1.8.1 so I haven't rooted around in the pack yet.

Is there a place to find the "statistics" for each planet/moon in the pack? I have a spreadsheet where I do a lot of my own delta v calculations (along with solar, gravity, etc). And I was hoping to get some descriptive numbers for each body:

• Gravity (Or SGP. I know GPP actually defined gravity exactly and calculated SGP from that, but stock KSP is the opposite)
  • Equatorial Radius
  • Apo
  • Peri
  • eccentricity (not necessary because can be derived from Apo/Peri)
  • Atmospheric Density
  • Atmosphere Height
  • # biomes

I'm happy to sift through files to grab these numbers too, if they're not already available somewhere.

If I remember well, on the Tracking station there is an "info" button that display information about the selected celestial body.

I think that it gives a description of the body, it says its radius, if it has an atmosphere, the altitude of the atmosphere and a bunch of other things.

Density and pressure are not the same thing.

@Crixomix, it you really need density, that's variable as it is a function of temperature.  Pressure in KSP is dependent only on altitude.  That is, the atmospheric pressure at a specific altitude is constant across the entire global.  Density, on the other hand, changes as temperature changes.  For instance, air density at the KSC launch pad is greater at night when it is cooler than it is during the day when it is warmer.  The formula to compute density is,

ρ = (PM)/(RT)

where ρ is density (kg/m3), P is pressure (Pa), M is mean molecular weight (kg/kmol), R is the universal gas constant (8314.46 J/(kg-K)), and T is temperature (K).

Some of the other numbers in CelestialBodies.pdf are rounded off, like mass and gravitational parameter.  If you need exact values,

GM = R2 * gs * 9.80665

Where the product GM is the gravitational parameter (m3/s2), G is the gravitational constant (6.67408E-11 m3/(kg-s2)), M is mass (kg), and gs is surface gravity (g).

If there's anything else you need, I should be able to help.

BTW, CelestialBodies.pdf should be inside your JNSQ folder in GameData.

Edited by OhioBob

Just now, OhioBob said:

Density and pressure are not the same thing.

@Crixomix, it you really need density, that's variable as it is a function of temperature.  Pressure in KSP is dependent only on altitude.  That is, the atmospheric pressure at a specific altitude is constant across the entire global.  Density, on the other hand, changes as temperature changes.  For instance, air density at the KSC launch pad is greater at night when it is cooler than it is during the day when it is warmer.  The formula to compute density is,

ρ = (PM)/(RT)

where ρ is density (kg/m2), P is pressure (Pa), M is mean molecular weight (kg/kmol), R is the universal gas constant (8314.46 J/(kg-K)), and T is temperature (K).

Some of the other numbers in CelestialBodies.pdf are rounded off, like mass and gravitational parameter.  If you need exact values,

GM = R2 * gs * 9.80665

Where the product GM is the gravitational parameter (m3/s2), G is the gravitational constant (6.67408E-11 m3/(kg-s2)), M is mass (kg), and gs is surface gravity (g).

If there's anything else you need, I should be able to help.

BTW, CelestialBodies.pdf should be inside your JNSQ folder in GameData.

Thanks for the info! I did, however, mean atmospheric pressure either as an absolute or as a ratio compared to kerbin ASL.

So just to be clear, in celestialbodies.pdf, the mass is rounded but the surface gravity is the "accurate" number, so I can recalculate mass or SGP as needed from knowing g?

UPDATE
0.9.0 Change log

For KSP 1.8.1

• Added Localization for biomes, body descriptions and loading screen tips:
  • Added (Moved in) Karborundum engine tweak from Rational Resources.
  • Updated "No ghosts" sunflare feature to work in scatterer mode.
  • Updated antenna patch to handle NF Exploration's antenna module (not the reflector module).
  • Updated KK bases:
    • Added AirBase (airplane) Boneyard, 30km south west of KSC.
    • Added C. McAuliffe space center.
    • Added Welcome Island Harbor.
    • Adjusted hangar mass limits, raised hangar prices, buffed standalone util building's storage volume.
    • Adjusted C. Yeager space center to not have a box mountain range around it anymore.
    • Adjusted Darude base concerning static positions and a contract waypoint marker. Any landed craft here may be offset or destroyed.
    • Adjusted tile colors to match terrain texture updates.
    • All bases now aligned to the cardinal directions. North runway actually points north. This is due to a KK fix only available for KSP 1.8 and later.
    • Fixed CRP patch structure. It's now contained in a single file. It applies to all fuel depot statics. It will provide WBI Classic stock resources if the WBI ClassicStock pseudo-mod is detected.
    • Made observatory centers discoverable (as anomalies) via SCANsat.
  • Updated asteroids: Now they are only 3.3x dense as stock where they were 33x which was far too much.
  • Updated planet terrain textures to use KSP new terrain shaders.
  • Updated Jool and Lindor:
    • Added some more wow factor.
    • Adjusted/Fixed HazardousBody. Jool-diving remains an exercise in extreme steam bathing.
    • Lindor's rings now have a detail texture to simulate granular debris fields.
  • Updated Kerbin: expanded arid biomes region southward around and over Darude base.
  • Updated Moho: new biome map + Rational Resources config.
  • Updated Nara: new surface + new biome map.
  • Updated Minmus: new surface + no pixelation.
  • Update Huygen: Scatterer atmosphere adjustments.
  • Updated Rational Resources bundle to 1.1.0. Full changelog here.

Download links in the OP

Kopernicus OP may not be updated until tomorrow. Sigma does not have access to edit it, but the github will show a new release.

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/

Enjoy!

Edited by Galileo

6 hours ago, Crixomix said:

So just to be clear, in celestialbodies.pdf, the mass is rounded but the surface gravity is the "accurate" number, so I can recalculate mass or SGP as needed from knowing g?

That's correct.  Surface gravity in gees is exact.  Also, 9.80665 and 6.67408E-11 are the exact numbers KSP uses for go and G.

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Tsk, tsk, density should be kg/m3. :wink: (yeah, I'm an engineer, I really do read this stuff and I know few people really care :D)

Oops, typo.

Edited by OhioBob

@Crixomix, number of biomes you can get from the .cfg files.  Look in the folder, GameData/JNSQ/JNSQ_Bodies/.  Just open each .cfg and you'll see all the biome names for that particular body.  In fact, all the data you asked for is in the cfgs.  It is in those files that everything about the celestial bodies is defined.  Those are the exact numbers used by KSP.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

0.9.0 Change log

For KSP 1.8.1

HYPE!!!

Time to start a new save! This time I'll start with BDB and with less science, with the extra experiments BDB and DMagic give I felt like I was going through the early tech tree way too fast.

13 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Cross-posting from the Kopernicus thread. I downloaded Kopernicus 1.8.1-1 and latest JNSQ from github, put it on a fresh install of 1.8.1. Got the nyan cat & JNSQ did not load.

I’m seeing other use it just fine, my self included. Double check you are on the right ksp version. Or post your logs so I can find the reason.

make sure you have ModularFlightIntegrator and Module Manager (both ship with Kopernicus)

Edited by Galileo

20 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I’m seeing other use it just fine, my self included. Double check you are on the right ksp version. Or post your logs so I can find the reason.

make sure you have ModularFlightIntegrator and Module Manager (both ship with Kopernicus)

D'oh - that was it. The folder was marked as 1.8.1 but was 1.8.0. My apologies.