[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, flart said:

Version 0.65, problem with the water

Reveal hidden contents

5mRHZGx.jpg

And add to the first post more info about graphics mods, does EVE and scatterer recommended or just supported ?

That’s a common thing with Kopernicus. Save and reload the game to fix the ocean.

graphic mods are only ever optional.

“recommended” and “supported” can be mutually exclusive. You decide if it’s necessary or recommended for your game.

Can anyone give some feed back on the performance while using the latest update? I have heard good things, but my sample size has been very small. :) I just want to make sure everything is working as I hoped.

20 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Can anyone give some feed back on the performance while using the latest update? I have heard good things, but my sample size has been very small. :) I just want to make sure everything is working as I hoped.

I mentioned some days ago that when using 0.65 on 1.7.1 I got low frame rates and a yellow MET clock on the launchpad. This is now gone with 0.7. (I still have terrain scatters on, default density which I think is 50%.) I'm still seeing somewhat poor performance during ascents, but I don't know whether that's because of JNSQ or whether my kOS script is doing something stupid. I'll try to get you more detailed information later.

Other than just general performance feedback, is there anything specific you want to hear about? Like FPS at such-and-such altitude, anything like that?

Edited by jefferyharrell

Was away from KSP for a few weeks, was pleasantly surprised to see Minmus had been updated in the meantime. I really loved Minmus is the first release but this update is even better! The slightly "smoother" look is more reminiscent of OG minmus while still looking great.

ps. Performance is really smooth on Kerbin with max terrain settings and textures (and my bootleg KSC extended), cant complain.

z5tAlqOh.png

1 minute ago, jefferyharrell said:

@Zorg That is a very cool probe. Where'd you get the central triangular structure which I assume is the bus?

Thanks! The scanner is from Coatl Probes Plus, solar panel is reStock OX-Stat. Triangular bus, antennas and mini solid rocket motor (Star-10) all from BDB. The probe is in the github dev branch not the full release.

Spoiler

Re: performance, I just did a test using a very simple rocket. Now, I have pretty much every mod in the world and my graphics settings are all maxed except for terrain scatter density. On my PC (i7-7700, 1080 Ti, 1440p) I'm getting 30-40 FPS on the launchpad and up to about 27 km, where my frame rate goes up to 50-60. I can provide more details if you want them. I also recorded the test, so I can make that available if you want to see it for any reason.

Edited by jefferyharrell

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

Im still in the “need more parts” phase of my career so I can’t say anything about other planets. 

I’m assuming you’re talking about scatter performance? If so, I’ll turn them back on and check, last time I got loads of messages in my log about “removing x colliders” with the frame drop one would expect from logspam. So I turned scatter off. 

Edited by Jognt

6 hours ago, Galileo said:

Can anyone give some feed back on the performance while using the latest update?

I have not seen a performance hit so far. It's all looking good on my end.

I'll let you know if I notice anything.

I can't wait to try this out. I'd like to play it on 1.7.2 so as soon as Kopernicus releases their update I'm going to have to try this. I remember learning a lot during my GPP 2.5x playthrough so I think this planet pack will be a lot of fun. Also thanks for the DeltaV map, I was going to post on here asking if anyone had one until I saw that one was posted with the mod!

26 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

Ha, I just had an amusing thing happen. This is just after an ascent into a 90 x 95 km orbit.

q274e67.png

Zooming in on the important part...

xo0ztiq.png

I guess when the Δv map says 4900 m/s to Kerbin orbit, it means it.

What mod are you using that displays that information? 

3 hours ago, jefferyharrell said:

Re: performance, I just did a test using a very simple rocket. Now, I have pretty much every mod in the world and my graphics settings are all maxed except for terrain scatter density. On my PC (i7-7700, 1080 Ti, 1440p) I'm getting 30-40 FPS on the launchpad and up to about 27 km, where my frame rate goes up to 50-60. I can provide more details if you want them. I also recorded the test, so I can make that available if you want to see it for any reason.

Can you try that same install without JNSQ and compare for me? 

1 minute ago, jefferyharrell said:

You bet. I'll try to do that for you tonight (I'm in the Pacific time zone) or tomorrow at the latest.

SVE is pretty darn comparable to the visuals in JNSQ if you run those.