[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

57 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Interesting.  I haven't experienced that issue.  All my reentries have gone without incident.  I don't know if I'm lucky or good.

(edit)  I take it back, I did have one bad incident.  One of my spacecraft had a part that wouldn't jettison due to a clipping issue.  I had to reenter with the part attached, which made the vehicle aerodynamically unstable.  The reaction wheels weren't strong enough to hold it retrograde and it flipped on me.  Blew up almost instantly.  And this was a low orbit reentry.

Yeah. Consider that with MandatoryRCS reaction wheels are nergens hard and you end up with exactly that situation :P 

It’s nice to have that added challenge though it annoys me that the 1.8m pod has no RCS fuel onboard :P

*goes to MM rcs fuel to said pod**

9 hours ago, severedsolo said:

helpful stuff

6 hours ago, OhioBob said:

helpful stuff

6 hours ago, Jognt said:

helpful stuff

9 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

helpful stuff

Thanks all for your help :) very much appreciated. Haven’t messed with heat settings and very confident of my craft (just a bog-standard Mk1-2 pod with heat shield, some chutes, full reaction wheel authority and full of monopropellant). So I’m sure you’ve all nailed it with the surface retrograde setting.... will give it a crack tonight :)

12 minutes ago, Goody1981 said:

Thanks all for your help :) very much appreciated. Haven’t messed with heat settings and very confident of my craft (just a bog-standard Mk1-2 pod with heat shield, some chutes, full reaction wheel authority and full of monopropellant). So I’m sure you’ve all nailed it with the surface retrograde setting.... will give it a crack tonight :)

Good luck! If she blows up, be sure to check the event log about what blew up first :)

13 hours ago, Jognt said:

Good luck! If she blows up, be sure to check the event log about what blew up first :)

Success! Was conservative and went for the 55km periapsis as well as the surface retrograde.... waay too conservative - took 4 passes! But survived  :) thanks all!

I'm having problems when using physics time warp while driving rovers. IIRC (it's been a while...) it wasn't a problem in stock, I think I could safely drive at 10 - 15 m/s in 4 times time warp. Sure, there was the occasional bump that caused the rover to tip over, but it happened only after say 2 km or so. And it was usually some visible sudden change in terrain that caused it. But in JNSQ, I can't get more than like 100 m until something bad happens, sometimes even a backflip, for apparently no reason at all (lowlands around KSC). Is there anything I can do about it? Distances are vast in JNSQ ;)

UPDATE

0.8 Change log

• Fixed Breaking Ground compatibility.
  • Updated Rational Resources bundle to 1.0.1. Full changelog here.
  • Added loading screen images thanks to KSP forum users: Nertea, Norcalplanner, Rock3tman_, Saltshaker, StarStreak2109, Zorg.
  • Added more loading tips.
  • Added several Kerbal Konstructs facilities.
    • These require only OSSNTR (Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required).
    • Most of these allow for KerbinSide airport alike experience. All of these have (not necessarily all at once) modules on them for trading fuel, expanding antenna coverage, staffing with kerbals and farming funds or science, spawning a VTOL or rover on something other than KSC's launchpad or runway, recovering for up to 50%(?) funds value in career mode. Two harbors included for water launching. Most of these need to be spotted with SCANsat's anomaly detector and everything needs to be purchased in career mode.
  • Fixed Kerbin biome map: Arid Mountains was missing.
  • Updated CelesitalBodies.pdf: fixed minor error.
  • Updated Duna biome map:
    • 14 biomes including 5 variants of craters.
  • Updated Eve biome map:
    • Added 11 seas named after modders or mods whose names relate to monsters.
    • Methane Lakes renamed to Petrol Lakes.
  • Updated Tam biome map:
    • Added 3 biomes. Thanks to CoriW, maker of Planet Arkas.
  • Updated solar panel catch-all config.
  • Updated Rational Resources settings:
    • Eve's Shores now always Ore rich to make LFO (Kerolox) production from (near to the) Petrol Lakes convenient.
    • Added/Fixed some options for atmo edge mining.
  • Updated Visuals/Immersion:
    • Fixed Eve planetshine color. Should no longer be default purple.
    • New clouds for Kerbin and Laythe.
    • Fog For Laythe.
    • Dust Storms for Duna.
    • Scatterer tweaks.
    • Palm trees around KSC to add some character.
    • Icebergs for Kerbin.
    • New scatter objects on other bodies. (More to come later.)
    • New boulder meshes on all bodies.
    • New coniferous tree mesh to replace the stock pine tree.
    • New anomalies on a few bodies. (More to come later.)
  • CKAN Indexed.

Download linked in the OP

... With this release finally out, y'all are in for a huge treat. :D

• Duna dust and Laythe fog!
  • More space centers! (Requires Kerbal Konstructs and Omega's Stockalike Structures)
  • DLC sufarce features work now!
  • Other little things waiting to be found...
Spoiler
  • And you can climb the trees. :ph34r:
    • ....And maybe drop stuff on the invisible shelves up there via KAS.

pBZQha2.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

That's an insta-download from me! Can't wait to see all these new features :lol:

Some more pics of my turtle-speed space program, if anyone interested:

Spoiler

Got 6 missions to Mun so far, completing Mun Probes program (provided by Strategia mod) and countless "science data from space around X" contracts.

Trusty P-33 lifting something to LKO:
5zOqku4.png

The first successful mission, on final descent to Mun midlands:

7nr9zeg.jpg

After touchdown. Got some issues with high CoM...

4hlmetk.png

...which resulted in 3rd and 4th landers getting new propulsion module, twice as wide. 3rd lander sitting in Mun lowlands:

57jBzqR.jpg

4th lander with transfer-insertion stage, on its way from Kerbin:

f56oLPx.png

Sadly the last lander lost connection to KSC on descent, leaving me with limited attitude and throttle control. All this resulted in high horizontal speed on touchdown, so lander tipped over its leg and never could connect to KSC again, until first Munar satellite (luckily having a relay antenna) passed over it. We managed to get most of instruments data until batteries ran out, so only 33 science points were lost. Still a partial success :unsure:

Please tell me if that's an inappropriate place for all these pics, not really sure where to share them ~_~

UPD: 

Icebergs for Kerbin.

maaaaaan, for real? That's like the most unexpected and unique surface feature we got so far :D

brb building Titanic replicas 

Edited by MOPC

Getting a huge performance drop with JNSQ 0.8, got this log on KSP 1.7.3 all DLCs, MM 4.0.3, latest Kopernicus and few visual mods, with terrain scatters enabled - https://www.mediafire.com/file/22hs76tounsxog0/output_log.txt/file

I'm talking about this set of entries:

Spoiler

(Filename:  Line: 54)

Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!

(Filename: C:/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/convex/ConvexHullBuilder.cpp Line: 1116)

[Physics.PhysX] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/convex/ConvexMeshBuilder.cpp Line: 253)

Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

On this setup these only appeared in flight (I alt+f4'd afterwards, that's why the log suddenly ends), but on my heavily modded game I noticed them for the first time during loading, and then in-flight. Log spam continued all the way to space, so I think it's not related to old problem with Kopernicus and new terrain features.

Edited by MOPC

5 minutes ago, MOPC said:

Getting a huge performance drop with JNSQ 0.8, got this log on KSP 1.7.3 all DLCs, MM 4.0.3, latest Kopernicus and few visual mods, with terrain scatters enabled - https://www.mediafire.com/file/22hs76tounsxog0/output_log.txt/file

I'm talking about this set of entries:

Reveal hidden contents

[Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!

(Filename: C:/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/convex/ConvexHullBuilder.cpp Line: 1116)

[Physics.PhysX] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/physx/build/Source/PhysXCooking/src/convex/ConvexMeshBuilder.cpp Line: 253)

On this setup these only appeared in flight (I alt+f4'd afterwards, that's why the log suddenly ends), but on my heavily modded game I noticed them for the first time during loading, and then in-flight. Log spam continued all the way to space, so I think it's not related to old problem with Kopernicus and new terrain features.

Going to need logs as this is something I haven't seen. 

Remove all other mods besides JNSQ and it's dependencies. That looks like a physX issue, which  probably has nothing to do with JNSQ or Kopernicus, but perhaps a part, maybe? Either way, logs might be able to help determine it.

Edited by Galileo

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Going to need logs as this is something I haven't seen.

New log from the aforementioned modded game, I extracted it as soon as these errors popped for the first time, so they are close to the end of this file. Game's still loading.

btw, is it okay if with JNSQ 0.8 amount of MM applied patches dropped by thousand?

That's the first appearance, I believe. After loading new JNSQ models?

Spoiler

Load(Model): HeatControl/Parts/Radiators/radiator-surface/radiator-surface-25-1

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/CurvedStaticRadiator25/ColliderD"

(Filename:  Line: 0)

The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/CurvedStaticRadiator25/ColliderE"

Load(Model): HeatControl/Parts/Radiators/radiator-surface/radiator-surface-375-1

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/CurvedStaticRadiator375/ColliderB"

If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/CurvedStaticRadiator375/ColliderC"

Load(Model): HeatControl/Parts/Support/heat-exchanger/heat-exchanger-125-1

Load(Model): HeatControl/Parts/Support/heat-exchanger/heat-exchanger-25-1

Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Arch/Arch

Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Hangar/hangar

Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Jebs/JebsShop

Edited by MOPC

Getting the same issue as @MOPC. I noticed it last night when using the latest dev build (pre 0.8) on a heavily modded 1.7.3 install. On launch after climbing just a bit the log spam begins with a massive drop in performance to the point where it will cause an app hang. I removed JNSQ from the GameData folder and everything returns to normal. Conflict somewhere?

12 minutes ago, MOPC said:

New log from the aforementioned modded game, I extracted it as soon as these errors popped for the first time, so they are close to the end of this file. Game's still loading.

btw, is it okay if with JNSQ 0.8 amount of MM applied patches dropped by thousand?

That's the first appearance, I believe. After loading new JNSQ models?

Hide contents

Load(Model): HeatControl/Parts/Radiators/radiator-surface/radiator-surface-25-1

If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/CurvedStaticRadiator25/ColliderD"

If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/CurvedStaticRadiator25/ColliderE"

Load(Model): HeatControl/Parts/Radiators/radiator-surface/radiator-surface-375-1

If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/CurvedStaticRadiator375/ColliderB"

If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/CurvedStaticRadiator375/ColliderC"

Load(Model): HeatControl/Parts/Support/heat-exchanger/heat-exchanger-125-1

Load(Model): HeatControl/Parts/Support/heat-exchanger/heat-exchanger-25-1

Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Arch/Arch

Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Hangar/hangar

Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Jebs/JebsShop

JNSQ/Meshes/Jebs/JebsShop

try deleting this model. It's not actually used in game yet, so it won't matter if it's deleted, however, that should not be causing you any problems.

@Galileo Just did as directed and still getting it. I moved my JNSQ folder back into GameData, deleted JebShop.cfg and JebShop.mu and still getting the physx error at the same point on launch. Here's a snippet of the log file showing the spam on my system.

[ERR 09:50:32.834] [Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!

[ERR 09:50:32.893] [Physics.PhysX] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[ERR 09:50:32.951] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.010] [Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!

[ERR 09:50:33.069] [Physics.PhysX] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[ERR 09:50:33.130] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.187] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.244] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.302] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.361] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.419] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.475] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.533] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.591] [Physics.PhysX] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[ERR 09:50:33.655] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 09:50:33.713] [Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!

[ERR 09:50:33.770] [Physics.PhysX] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[ERR 09:50:33.827] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

12 minutes ago, thunder175 said:

@Galileo Just did as directed and still getting it.

Yep, didn't help me either.

I noticed in ksp.log, that the spam begins after packing launch clamps. Just a thought, may this spam be related to some LOD models being broken or incorrectly set up?

Spoiler

[LOG 17:01:39.350] [FAR v0.15.11.1] Updating vessel voxel for Magnet I
[LOG 17:01:39.575] [FAR v0.15.11.1] Voxel Element CrossSection Area: 0.0076294765939638

[LOG 17:01:39.669] [FAR v0.15.11.1] Std dev for smoothing: 3 voxel total vol: 166.602734829004 filled vol: 60.3256096736717

[LOG 17:01:43.516] SCREENSHOT!!
[LOG 17:02:06.798] Packing Magnet I Debris for orbit
[LOG 17:02:06.823] Packing Magnet I Debris for orbit
[LOG 17:02:43.211] Magnet I Debris Unloaded
[LOG 17:02:43.213] Magnet I Debris Unloaded
[ERR 17:02:43.284] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 17:02:43.284] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 17:02:43.285] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 17:02:43.285] Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

[ERR 17:02:43.285] [Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!

[ERR 17:02:43.285] [Physics.PhysX] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[ERR 17:02:43.285] [Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!

[ERR 17:02:43.285] [Physics.PhysX] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

Edited by MOPC

3 minutes ago, MOPC said:

Yep, didn't help me either.

I noticed in ksp.log, that the spam begins after packing launch clamps. Just a thought, may this spam be related to some LOD models being broken or incorrectly set up?

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 17:01:39.350] [FAR v0.15.11.1] Updating vessel voxel for Magnet I
[LOG 17:01:39.575] [FAR v0.15.11.1] Voxel Element CrossSection Area: 0.0076294765939638

[LOG 17:01:39.669] [FAR v0.15.11.1] Std dev for smoothing: 3 voxel total vol: 166.602734829004 filled vol: 60.3256096736717

[LOG 17:01:43.516] SCREENSHOT!!
[LOG 17:02:06.798] Packing Magnet I Debris for orbit
[LOG 17:02:06.823] Packing Magnet I Debris for orbit
[LOG 17:02:43.211] Magnet I Debris Unloaded
[LOG 17:02:43.213] Magnet I Debris Unloaded

I have the issue tracked down and I will post an update for it in a few minutes