[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

7 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

Anyone using USI Life Support in this mod?  I just started a career run with it myself but was wondering if folks were tweaking with the settings to deal with the bigger size of the JNSQ system?  Or are the stock settings still pretty balanced for i?

Works fine so far. I added a custom tweak to add a small amount of Supplies to each command pod, but that's it. For a trip to the Mun (+landing) and back I bring about 150 supplies per kerbal. They haven't chewed through it all yet. (Well unless I count that one time that I timewarped through Kerbin and Val had to do that circle again..)

Anyone has an issue with ressources ? When I'm scanning Kerbin I can only see few types of ressources, but not all, and not most usual resoure like Ore, water,... I only can see 5 types, for exemple CO², exotic ore,...

When I'm on the ground, I can see all of ressource with the surface scanner, and I can see 3.3% of Ore nearby the launcher. So, I don't understand why I can't see Ore from the orbit. (And it's the same with the netcom interface).

I tried without other mod like Kerbalism, or SCANsat. But nothing change.

EDIT Must I also intall "Rational Resources" ? Or it's incluended in JNSQ ? Because I don't see anything in the JNSQ folder mentionninng Rational Resources. I did it. I just didn't remember as it was in the JNSQ archive ^^' So I haven't to install RR again.

Edited by Hannil

13 minutes ago, Hannil said:

Anyone has an issue with ressources ? When I'm scanning Kerbin I can only see few types of ressources, but not all, and not most usual ressoure like Ore, water,... I only can see 5 types, for exemple CO², exotic ore,...

When I'm on the ground, I can see all of ressource with the surface scanner, and I can see 3.3% of Ore nearby the launcher. So, I don't understand why I can't see Ore from the orbit. (And it's the same with the netcom interface).

I tried without other mod like Kerbalism, or SCANsat. But nothing change.

Have CRP installed?

@Hannil The bundled copy of Rational Resources in JNSQ is or should be outdated if you're using it. Reinstall it from the link in my thread for it. I've fixed most if not all of the glaring problems.

Ore is meant to be scarce under this mod. Expect it to be almost nowhere. If this does not appeal to your play style, simply remove my mod and all should be as normal.

Under a proper version, Your SCANsat window should look like this.

dQF8YWG.jpg

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Hannil The bundled copy of Rational Resources in JNSQ is or should be outdated if you're using it. Reinstall it from the link in my thread for it. I've fixed most if not all of the glaring problems.

Ore is meant to be scarce under this mod. Expect it to be almost nowhere. If this does not appeal to your play style, simply remove my mod and all should be as normal.

Under a proper version, Your SCANsat window should look like this.

dQF8YWG.jpg

Might I ask what mod changed the resource window in the top right? It looks very nice!

Edited by Jognt

6 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Might I ask what mod changed the resource window in the top right? It looks very nice!

That's Alternate Resource Panel. It was made by the same guy who made Kerbal Alarm Clock whose name I totally cannot remember right now.

Ninja'd by Jade

38 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

That's Alternate Resource Panel. It was made by the same guy who made Kerbal Alarm Clock whose name I totally cannot remember right now.

TriggerAu, who is now Squad Staff.

Edited by Brigadier
Ninja'd

On 7/15/2019 at 8:35 AM, Gordon Fecyk said:

Been playing with FARc Mach on JNSQ for a while. As much as some folks turn their noses up at it in this thread, FAR doesn't change the atmospheres. It improves the drag model.

I was going to show how dumb KSP's stock drag model was with a Bradley Whistance video, but it seems I can't find that three-part-challenge-to-Duna video where he took unfair advantage of the drag model by flipping parts around.

Because it's a video by Stratzenblitz75, not Bradley Whistance.

19 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Did anyone try Ksp 1.7.3 with this mod and Kopernicus 1.7.3-1?

I used the GitHub Clone or Download function to use the current master branch, and installed it by hand. Seems OK on Kopernicus 1.7.3-1. If you do what I did, remember that the manual installation instructions include removing settings.cfg, so JNSQ can populate its own versions of the graphic detail settings.

4 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

When I try downloading this mod, the archive is corrupted and the mod is unusable. I assume this is an issue on my end, but I have no idea why or how this is occurring.

@sslaptnhablhat Try downloading from the official Google drive mirror. Github downloads aren't always reliable.

https://bit.ly/2XWUrVP

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

@sslaptnhablhat Try downloading from the official Google drive mirror. Github downloads aren't always reliable.

https://bit.ly/2XWUrVP

Gorramit I wish I had known about that. It took me over a week to download because the download kept dying on me. (part of it is Chrome; you can't resume a failed Github download with chrome)

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

Hmmm, does JNSQ have fewer ground stations? Or is it just because Kerbin is bigger? In LKO, I'm without signal most of the time (at least in a polar orbit).

It's because Kerbin is bigger. You'd need to be at about a 250km orbit to get the same coverage you got at 100km on normal Kerbin.

So TIL - the hard way - that you guys scaled asteroids up as well. I figured I'd hop out and nab myself a quick little class B and smack it into Mun for some deployed seismometer science.

O.M.G. was in for a surprise when I got there!

Edited by 5thHorseman

7 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

@OhioBob Holy excrements are you the author/owner of Braeunig.us? I have spent a looooooooot of time on that site. Thank you very much for taking the time to make that available.

You're welcome.  I have to get back to working on that site one of these days, there's more I want to add.  You can partly blame KSP for my being distracted. lol

Edited by OhioBob

10 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

@OhioBob Holy excrements are you the author/owner of Braeunig.us? I have spent a looooooooot of time on that site. Thank you very much for taking the time to make that available.

Same. Also, some of @OhioBob's postings on  nuclear rockets on other forums were used in the early days of Real Fuels to determine engine stats for alternate propellants