[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The biomes themselves are jumbled up since the color for Arid Peaks is missing.

Ohhh, I was about to ask about that yesterday but then decided to not to, after few bugless flights around biomes... Are there any other problems caused by missing biome, except these broken contracts? And, will simply adding Arid Peaks color to the map fix that?

9 hours ago, Eskandare said:

@JadeOfMaar  You know I released that ship pier in KSR, right?

Nope. :D

@MOPC I'm quite bugged by the Sub-Arctic Sea thing so I've included an updated Kerbin.cfg with the biome map image update here: OneDrive link. Try them out and let me know. :)

Aaaand I'm getting biome names mixed up. It's Arid Mountains, not Arid Peaks.

Y'all probably seen this thousands times, but I'm pretty happy to finally reach high space :D

Spoiler

3TfuMgT.pngunknown.png?width=360&height=255

aRGqsdG.png

On the way to apoapsis. Somewhere here is this satellite, tiny dot over the Kerbin of 2.7x scale, likely impossible to see on 1600x900 pic:

rfmUThP.png

UPD: Back to contracts and biomes - looks like weird situations stopped appearing in newly created contracts, so I'm pretty sure that the fix worked @JadeOfMaar

Edited by MOPC

69464017_342957169919176_362614937514462

Deep lonely dark

On 8/24/2019 at 7:11 PM, Mephisto81 said:

Thanks. That was it. Turns out, you can disable them in settings.cfg . Or at least prevent from spawning.
SERENITY_ROCS_VISUAL_SPEED  was set to 0 (from previous 500). That improved FPS quite to playable levels.

Here is another thread to the topic:
https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/365

-Mephisto-

could I have that craft file? For your ssto

10 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

69464017_342957169919176_362614937514462

Deep lonely dark

could I have that craft file? For your ssto

Here you are:
https://kerbalx.com/Mephisto/JNSQ-02-Stiletto-SSTA-for-Je-ne-sais-quoi-Planet-pack

Successor is already in use with 4 Kerbals to Orbit / Minmus, some science equipment, and a pair of parachutes. Range with Nervs has been extended from 7000 m/s dV to 7.500 m/s dV.
Upload comes probably at the weekend after some additional testing.

- Mephisto-
["Only the sky is the limit" said the father to his son. Unfortunately, he was an astronaut.]

Here's a video of me deploying a Minmus surface base in JNSQ, equipped with 20 mm lead radiation shields and 100+ days of supplies at max capacity. This serves both to show an example of flying and deploying modules in a hardcore JNSQ save, and as my first real video. Of course I end up having to force the contract to complete because it didn't recognize the base I deployed as filling the requirements

Recording a video of my Mun landing would have been much cooler, but I have already done that and I didn't have recording software set up at the time. I plan on making more videos as I play through my career save in this mod. At this point I'm at mid game, and considering this mod is a lot more difficult in early game it would probably be a good idea to start a new save at some point to serve as a walkthrough. Have fun watching, but note that it is fairly lengthy with several strange pauses; the only parts that are interesting to me are the actual landing and where I show the innards of the rocket, which was built before the video, and I clipped a lot of stuff inside the payload specifically science instruments, probe cores and supplies. And I don't talk, but considering the way my voice sounded in my test run I don't think you'd want me to. :D

If for some reason Team Galileo doesn't want this here, I can snip the post

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

On 8/19/2019 at 3:38 AM, The Dressian Exploder said:

Well, thanks to one of the Peeps at the JNSQ space race. I have 1.7 again! JNSQ is up and running smoothly. One question though, how do you get the EVE config to work?

I have 1.7.3 with JNSQ and 1.7.3-1 Kopernicus, and it doesn't work. I get what you were getting on 1.6. The LOADING... with the ever spinning planets but just a black screen. :(

9 hours ago, Starfire70 said:

I have 1.7.3 with JNSQ and 1.7.3-1 Kopernicus, and it doesn't work. I get what you were getting on 1.6. The LOADING... with the ever spinning planets but just a black screen. :(

You've must have installed something incorrectly.  Can we get a screenshot of your GameData folder?

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

You've must have installed something incorrectly.  Can we get a screenshot of your GameData folder?

It's a LOT :D (image in the spoiler below so I don't hog the feed).
I was just going to restore my initial install, install JNSQ first, and then install the other mods a few at a time to ID the culprits...but if you know what ones specifically might cause trouble and have the time, would be most appreciated if you pointed them out. :)

Spoiler

OHMcr6B.png

10 minutes ago, Starfire70 said:

It's a LOT :D (image in the spoiler below so I don't hog the feed).
I was just going to restore my initial install, install JNSQ first, and then install the other mods a few at a time to ID the culprits...but if you know what ones specifically might cause trouble and have the time, would be most appreciated if you pointed them out. :)

It looks like all the essential files are there, but I do see a couple potential issues.  First, you have two ModuleManager files (4.02 and 4.03).  I don't know what problem that may cause, but you should delete one.  I also see a GameData folder inside your GameData folder.  I have no idea what that is.  You probably need to delete it.

Other than that, I don't really see anything that looks unusual.  If you still have problems, I recommend removing all mods except for those required specifically for JNSQ, and then test it.  Minimum requirements are:

• JNSQ
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • Squad
  • ModuleManager

38 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

It looks like all the essential files are there, but I do see a couple potential issues.  First, you have two ModuleManager files (4.02 and 4.03).  I don't know what problem that may cause, but you should delete one.  I also see a GameData folder inside your GameData folder.  I have no idea what that is.  You probably need to delete it.

Other than that, I don't really see anything that looks unusual.  If you still have problems, I recommend removing all mods except for those required specifically for JNSQ, and then test it.  Minimum requirements are:

• JNSQ
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • Squad
  • ModuleManager

FACEPALM

I should've noticed the two DLLs and the duplicate GameData, sorry.
I must have made an error in the JNSQ install path, and it got placed one folder deeper.
BINGO. It loaded up correctly now after those corrections, thanks. :D

On 8/31/2019 at 7:14 PM, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

Here's a video of me deploying a Minmus surface base in JNSQ, equipped with 20 mm lead radiation shields and 100+ days of supplies at max capacity. This serves both to show an example of flying and deploying modules in a hardcore JNSQ save, and as my first real video. Of course I end up having to force the contract to complete because it didn't recognize the base I deployed as filling the requirements

Recording a video of my Mun landing would have been much cooler, but I have already done that and I didn't have recording software set up at the time. I plan on making more videos as I play through my career save in this mod. At this point I'm at mid game, and considering this mod is a lot more difficult in early game it would probably be a good idea to start a new save at some point to serve as a walkthrough. Have fun watching, but note that it is fairly lengthy with several strange pauses; the only parts that are interesting to me are the actual landing and where I show the innards of the rocket, which was built before the video, and I clipped a lot of stuff inside the payload specifically science instruments, probe cores and supplies. And I don't talk, but considering the way my voice sounded in my test run I don't think you'd want me to. :D

Thanks for sharing the video. It was cool and the build was a creative way to get enough Delta- V for your launch.

Just a note, if you're open to some feedback. Your ascent profile (basically going straight up to 55km and then turning to 90 degrees) isn't really that efficient and that's causing you to use more fuel, which means a bigger heavier rocket. A better ascent profile is called a Gravity Turn and can shave off a lot of DV. In JNSQ you should be able to achieve orbit with about 5000DV (What Kerbal Engineer calls "Vacuum DV" in the VAB.)

Here's another great thread on Gravity Turns

I'm happy to help further, but don't want to clog up the JNSQ thread with this side discussion. Feel free to PM me and we can talk there.

Happy Flying!

Edited by Tyko

2 hours ago, Starfire70 said:

The clouds weren't showing up. Should they without EVE?

I installed EVE and the clouds are showing up, but I'm not sure if I'm using EVE's clouds or JNSQ's clouds.

To see clouds you need to download and install EVE from the following:

https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

That's just the EVE plugin, it doesn't come with any configs.  JNSQ includes all the configs you need.  You should just have the following folders in your GameData:

• EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
  • JNSQ

If that's all you have, then you should be seeing JNSQ's clouds.

Some earlier versions of EVE included configs that you could install separately, but you don't want those.  Those came in a folder named BoulderCo, so if you have that folder delete it.  You also don't want to have installed anything like StockVisualEnhancements.

Edited by OhioBob

Do you plan on adding support for other planet packs? I would love to add a rescaled GPP to this as a neighbouring star system, or even galaxies unbound. However, it seems like JSNQ overrides scatterer settings of every other planet pack...

Edited by Athur Dent

42 minutes ago, Athur Dent said:

Do you plan on adding support for other planet packs? I would love to add a rescaled GPP to this as a neighbouring star system, or even galaxies unbound. However, it seems like JSNQ overrides scatterer settings of every other planet pack...

JNSQ will not be compatible with other packs and that is intentional

Installed for the first time this morning. Really a beautiful pack. Thanks for the release.

Was looking at the settings in CelestialBodies.pdf to design my first rocket to get into orbit. It said the Kerbin had an atmosphere height of 70km but it looks like it should be 85km?

3 hours ago, Athur Dent said:

Do you plan on adding support for other planet packs? I would love to add a rescaled GPP to this as a neighbouring star system, or even galaxies unbound.

As @Galileo said, there are no plans to make JNSQ compatible with other planet packs.  But that just means the JNSQ devs will not be adding such support.  It doesn't mean it's not possible.  If somebody is motivated enough to give it a go, there's no reason there couldn't be unofficial third-party support at some point in the future.

Our resistance to add official support is not because we are unsensitive to your request.  It is simply because providing compatibility for other planet packs adds layers of complexity that we want no part of.  We went down that rabbit hole with GPP and the configs needed to make sure everything worked together correctly (for instance, scatterer) ended up being a convoluted mess.  We decided early on that we are not going to repeat that mistake.  We'd rather put our energy into making JNSQ as good as we can make it, and not spend countless hours trying to make it work with some other planet pack.

11 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Was looking at the settings in CelestialBodies.pdf to design my first rocket to get into orbit. It said the Kerbin had an atmosphere height of 70km but it looks like it should be 85km?

Yep, that's a misprint.  I'll fix it.  Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Starfire70 said:

One last question: Eve Optimized Engines. In JNSQ, for play balance purposes, should they be used in general due to the scale up, or just for Eve?

Just for Eve.  The use of Eve Optimized Engines isn't recommended because of the scale of the system, it is because of the high atmospheric pressure on Eve.