[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 9/30/2019 at 11:56 AM, Galileo said:

It didn't conflict with anything, but people didn't realize they NEEDED to download it, so they were reporting funky time issues because they were still using 6 hour days.

Ahhh, so that must have been the reason a mun mission would take me 2 weeks to complete?

Couple of minor issues I've noticed since installing 0.8.1 (nothing major just cosmetic stuff)

1) The KSC monolith has now started floating (you can just about  see it in the background in this screenshot)

iGWSrQQ.png

2) The KSC PQSCity is now about 3.7km west of KSC. Previously it was just behind the VAB (in stock it's on the Crawlerway) - easiest way to verify this is to install Kerbal Academy and initiate the "Boot Camp" contract. It's designed to spawn a craft exactly on the KSC. It now spawns 3.7km west.

Edited by severedsolo

@severedsolo

The floating monolith was fixed a couple versions ago. So, either you have a borked install or you have set your graphic settings too low, which does cause issues in some cases due to the PQS having to adjust for less detail, or you are not using one of the designated JNSQ terrain settings in the graphics menu.
HnIejBY.png

And as for the KSC PQSCity, it is exactly where I want it, however, If another mod (Kerbal Academy) uses exact coordinates for the stock kerbin instead of using some sort of call to find the ksc coordinates automatically for planet packs that move the home worlds space center, then that's on the other mod to fix. I have no plans to move the KSC back.

@Galileo - fair enough. I haven't changed anything since updating to 0.8.1 I just left the settings at default, but it's entirely possible that something went wrong on upgrade (and it's such a stupidly small issue, I'm not going to grumble).

Not alot I can do about Kerbal Academy as that uses ContractConfigurator which is basically unmaintained at this point, but that's not your problem.

Thanks for the replies (and just let me say, JNSQ is amazing work)

9 hours ago, severedsolo said:

@Galileo - fair enough. I haven't changed anything since updating to 0.8.1 I just left the settings at default, but it's entirely possible that something went wrong on upgrade (and it's such a stupidly small issue, I'm not going to grumble).

You might try deleting settings.cfg before your next start up.  I think Galileo may have made some changes that requires reselecting the Terrain Detail settings.

34 minutes ago, VeryFastThing said:

When I download and run the JNSQ installer there is no way to set which directory to install to.  What am I doing wrong here? 

You didn't uninstall using the uninstaller. Follow the instructions here.

G231MNd.png

Read the part that starts with "oh yeah"

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, ISO said:

Flying iceberg?

11d1GVR.jpg

JNSQ 0.8.1 (high JNSQ terrain settings)

Kopernicus 1.7.3-2

Hmmm try deleting the body caches. Other than that, I think I know what would be causing that. I refuse to use KK, so I likely would not have caught that issue.

Edited by Galileo

35 minutes ago, EchoLima said:

If you don't mind me asking, why? 

In my recently acquired addiction to KK I learned it well and explored it far, and so I found (and showed to Galileo) every reason for him to hate it. I don't want to spell it all out as I might deal a savage hit to its reputation and appeal to the casual player. :/ In my case, personally, the fun I had learning it was enough to outweigh the points that turned me off.

The most obvious bits I will mention, though, are:

1. When you return to the space center scene after visiting or launching at a KK site (or at any point, as long as KK is installed), the terrain and space center models get shredded and shuffled like confetti or the little folded papers with lottery numbers in a raffle box. Now, that might just be me and my ancient GPU (Nvidia GT 630) but that kind of thing even happening grosses out anyone who cares a lot about immersion factor and a stable game.
  2. The "Use last launchsite" toggle (in Difficulty Settings) being on by default and causing the space center scene to lock itself onto the old, useless KSC2. This one trips up everyone who's new to KK and angered me a lot, and angered Galileo the most. (Half of why I'm mentioning this is so that others who are new to KK will read this and tell their friends? Until that toggle is set to off by default, or fixed.)

18 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The most obvious bits I will mention, though, are:

1. When you return to the space center scene after visiting or launching at a KK site (or at any point, as long as KK is installed), the terrain and space center models get shredded and shuffled like confetti or the little folded papers with lottery numbers in a raffle box. Now, that might just be me and my ancient GPU (Nvidia GT 630) but that kind of thing even happening grosses out anyone who cares a lot about immersion factor and a stable game.

I have a Nvidia G-Force MX130, and I'm not seeing that issue, so it *might* just be your card - or the driver, if you haven't updated recently. You're on point with the other gripe, and additionally KK has a special kind of hell awaiting those who delve into using the editor. In any case, I like using KK with JNSQ, but it's not a requirement. I've been away from KSP for a couple of months due to RL commitments, but I am looking forward to loading up the latest JNSQ today and looking at all the changes.

Spoiler

AbYn7Ar.png

taWeW5K.png

Just to make sure there isn't anything going wrong, is the scatterer effect supposed to be this "thick"?  It's difficult to see where land is from orbit.  I'm using the latest 0.0540 version of Scatterer.

If it is supposed to look like that it's fine, but to me it looks thicker than the screenshots of Kerbin people have posted in the thread.

Edited by SpartanJack17

@SpartanJack17 Looks the same for me. The cloud layer has been changed significantly, that's probably why other screenshots look different. I think what really makes it hard to distinguish sea from land is the coloring.

But what bothers me more is the pixelated, rubber-like reflective coast line. Although it is the one thing that helps see where land is, it just looks wrong. Is there anything that can be done about it?

8 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

@SpartanJack17 Looks the same for me. The cloud layer has been changed significantly, that's probably why other screenshots look different. I think what really makes it hard to distinguish sea from land is the coloring.

But what bothers me more is the pixelated, rubber-like reflective coast line. Although it is the one thing that helps see where land is, it just looks wrong. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Spoiler

02FMYlS.png

For reference here's a screenshot with scatterer but no clouds (thanks to an EVE bug).

36 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

What is the best way for implementing multiple launch sites? Is KSC Switcher recommended for JNSQ?

On 5/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, Galileo said:

0.8 Change log

<snip>

• Added several Kerbal Konstructs facilities.
    • These require only OSSNTR (Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required).
    • Most of these allow for KerbinSide airport alike experience. All of these have (not necessarily all at once) modules on them for trading fuel, expanding antenna coverage, staffing with kerbals and farming funds or science, spawning a VTOL or rover on something other than KSC's launchpad or runway, recovering for up to 50%(?) funds value in career mode. Two harbors included for water launching. Most of these need to be spotted with SCANsat's anomaly detector and everything needs to be purchased in career mode.

The changelog in the thread OP or the version file in the download has the answer. KSC Switcher is very much not recommended.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Kerbal Konstructs is not very intuitive to me. At least after a few tests I don't find options to switch places. And using it aside Kerbal Construction time is another topic.

When I install KK I still have only one Launch Site and it is under ground now, might be a problem with larger Kerbin in JNSQ?

Edited by New Horizons

@New Horizons I assume you haven't installed Omega's asset pack then. Nobody should have trouble picking a launch site once they're in the SPH or VAB. (Click the clear KK button to the left of the yellow wrench icon in the lower right toolbar.) The ability to pick a launch site while in flight might be gone but idk. I've never clicked on a runway or launchpad since the days of GPP and its KSC++ (KSP 1.2, 1.3).

tf916Dt.jpg

HGAPkb0.jpg

3MPT3uf.jpg

eU68fPX.jpg

Okey, still much to learn. So I need KK + Omega's asset pack?

Is their a link to an official version? Only found this:

JNSQ is not pointing out its requirements for a full install clearly. Such things seem hidden in the long and very informative (if you read it) ;-) text at download section. 

Edited by New Horizons