[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

this would be my suggestion:

Spoiler

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleParachute]:HAS[#minAirPressureToOpen[>0.03]]]:LAST[JNSQ]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = TweakChute
        altitudeSliderMin = 50
        altitudeSliderMax = 5000
        altitudeSliderStep = 50
        pressureSliderMin = 0.04
        pressureSliderMax = 0.75
        pressureSliderStep = 0.01
    }
}
@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleParachute],!MODULE[TweakChute]]:LAST[JNSQ]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = TweakChute
        altitudeSliderMin = 50
        altitudeSliderMax = 5000
        altitudeSliderStep = 50
        pressureSliderMin = 0.02
        pressureSliderMax = 0.75
        pressureSliderStep = 0.01
    }
}

:LAST doesn't seem to work as far as I can tell

nevermind I didn't have a :FOR[JNSQ] so that's why my :LAST[JNSQ] was failing. I didn't know that was a requirement

Edited by Sigma88

@Sigma88 cheers. I didn’t know MM used to not log all the patches, that was indeed why I suggested filtering earlier. Functionally there is indeed 0 difference. 

There are a couple more FINALs in JNSQ cfgs that would be better as LASTs. I checked because I couldn’t (neatly) undo a Kopernicus collider addition as suggesties by Galileo unless I’d race to FINAL too with zzzzzs. (It was spamming my log)

With regards to Tweakchutes: its a nice fix for a stock oversight, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to just apply it to everything with a parachute key because:
a: people who are used to the stock behavior will wonder what on earth changed their chutes;
b: mod-added chutes will/can also be affected which would make TweakChutes a ‘bad neighbor’. 

Its similar to my dislike for the ReStock+ nerf to the Oscar B tanks: the change makes sense, but nobody will expect this change to be made by a parts pack/planet pack.
Having said that, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed chutes doing full deploy before partial, so that + the fact that I know where the change came from means that I don’t mind. 

@Galileo cheers. I’m glad it doesn’t negatively impact the game. 

By the way, since we’re on the topic of “didn’t realize x had changed”: the JNSQ ResearchBodies CFG has the log mention a warning that planets were ‘discovered’ using “pre-1.5 method(s)”.
I don’t know if it’s related to RB nullreffing and not updating the discovered planets in the difficulty menu, but since RB throws less errors without JNSQ I think it may be. 

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

so my suggestion would be to use whatever will make people stop complaining for nothing

While I understand your feelings I hope you realize that I like spending my free time on stuff like this about as much as you like listening to me spending my time in this way.

Edited by Jognt
Formatting. Mobile doesn't translate to desktop very well..

On 6/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, OhioBob said:

Warning!  Stock Antenna Bug Found.

Please be advised that we’ve discovered a stock bug that, under some circumstances, may prevent science transmission even when there is an adequate comm signal.  This problem has been tracked down to the antenna range modifier in the game difficulty settings.  Setting the range to any value other than 1 can trigger the bug.

In order to work around the bug, we suggest the following:

Range modifier = 1
DSN modifier = 16

Note that the range modifier must be exactly 1.  If the slider is being uncooperative, you can change the settings in your persistent.sfs file,

CommNetParams
{
     rangeModifier = 1
     DSNModifier = 16
}

This is far from an ideal solution.  Increasing the DSN modifier extends the range over which antennas can communicate directly with the DSN.  However it does nothing to extend the range between vessels.  Therefore relays will be much less effective, and likely inadequate for the scale of JNSQ.  Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that – the bug is a stock issue, not a JNSQ issue.

Hopefully this will just be a stopgap until Squad fixes the problem.

Hmm, what about keeping the DSNModifier at 4, and then using Module Manager to multiply the Antenna Power rating of all parts with the ModuleDataTransmitter by 4?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:FINAL
{
    @MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
    {
        @antennaPower *= 4
    }
}

Edited by CoriW

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

I have no idea what is wrong. Try a fresh install of everything. Perhaps even a fresh install of KSP if all else fails 

Ok, I pulled everything from GameData and added back the core graphics-altering mods one by one, and with all of those in place now, everything looks great. So problem fixed? Not sure, because looking at the log now shows tons of exceptions when there were none before, across several of those mods even though I triple-checked I had the correct versions of each. I don't feel good piling the rest on and going ahead saying if it looks ok who cares, that seems likely to lead to bigger and nastier problems.

The important excerpts, scatterer is throwing a wall of exceptions in particular:

[LOG 18:12:56.903] [Scatterer] Effects loaded for Kerbin
[LOG 18:12:56.904] [EVE CloudsManager]: CloudsPQS: (EVE Clouds: Kerbin_Auroras) OnSphereActive
[LOG 18:12:56.904] [EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now MACRO
[LOG 18:12:56.904] [EVE CloudsManager]: CloudsPQS: (EVE Clouds: Kerbin_Clouds) OnSphereActive
[LOG 18:12:56.904] [EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now MACRO
[EXC 18:12:56.916] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	CelestialShadows.LocalShadowComponent.OnPreCull ()
[LOG 18:12:56.975] [EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now MACRO
[LOG 18:12:56.975] [EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now MACRO
[LOG 18:12:56.975] [Scatterer] Camera overlap: 3
[LOG 18:12:56.975] [Scatterer] Camera overlap: 3
[LOG 18:12:56.975] [Scatterer] Skynode initiated for Kerbin
[EXC 18:12:56.991] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.052] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.082] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 18:12:57.086] [UIApp] Adding Contracts to Application Launcher
[LOG 18:12:57.087] ScaleModList: listSize 123 maxListSize 1754
[EXC 18:12:57.096] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 18:12:57.101] [GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.2232578 4543
[EXC 18:12:57.110] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.118] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 18:12:57.121] [UIApp] Adding KSPedia to Application Launcher
[LOG 18:12:57.121] ScaleModList: listSize 123 maxListSize 1713
[EXC 18:12:57.129] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.137] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.146] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.153] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 18:12:57.156] [Scatterer] Mapping EVE volumetrics for planet: Kerbin
[LOG 18:12:57.156] [Scatterer] No volumetric cloud for layer on planet: Kerbin
[LOG 18:12:57.156] [Scatterer] Camera overlap: 3
[LOG 18:12:57.156] [Scatterer] Detected 1 EVE volumetric layers for planet: Kerbin
[EXC 18:12:57.165] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.215] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.229] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.238] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.249] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.256] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.264] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.272] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.281] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.289] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.297] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.306] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.314] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.322] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.330] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.338] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.347] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.355] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.363] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.371] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.379] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.387] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.396] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.404] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.412] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.419] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.428] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.436] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.445] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.453] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.461] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.470] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.478] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.487] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.494] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.503] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.512] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.520] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.528] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.537] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.545] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.553] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.561] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.570] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.578] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.586] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.595] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.603] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.612] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.620] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.629] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.636] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.646] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.653] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.663] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.672] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 18:12:57.680] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(several hundred more identical NREs)

Sigma exception

[LOG 18:13:07.728] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'MenuTriggers' from assembly 'SigmaReplacementsSkyBox'
[EXC 18:13:07.745] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	SigmaReplacements.MenuScenes.CustomMunScene.EditBoulders (SigmaReplacements.MenuScenes.MenuObject[] info, UnityEngine.GameObject scene)
	SigmaReplacements.MenuScenes.CustomMunScene.ApplyTo (UnityEngine.GameObject scene)
	SigmaReplacements.MenuScenes.MenuTriggers.Awake ()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
	AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
	UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[LOG 18:13:07.745] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'NyanTriggers' from assembly 'SigmaReplacementsNavigation'

EVE PQS Manager throwing exception on Lindor body

[LOG 18:13:08.835] [EVE PQSManagerClass]: Running Setup
[LOG 18:13:08.835] [EVE PQSManagerClass]: Loading...
[LOG 18:13:08.836] [EVE PQSManagerClass]: JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/EVE/EVE_PQS/PQS_MANAGER
[LOG 18:13:08.836] [EVE PQSManagerClass]: StockVisualEnhancements/SVE_Configs/EVE_PQS/PQS_MANAGER
[LOG 18:13:08.836] [EVE PQSManagerClass]: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	body = Lindor
	deactivateDistance = 175000
}

[LOG 18:13:08.836] EVEManager: Issue loading PQSManagerClass! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PQSManager.PQSManagerClass.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[PQSManager.PQSWrapper].StaticSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

EVE City Lights manager has an issue with SVE

[LOG 18:13:08.837] [EVE CityLightsManager]: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
	body = Kerbin
	cityLightsMaterial
	{
		_CityOverlayDetailScale = 20
		_CityOverlayTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/main
		}
		_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/detaildark
		}
		_CityLightOverlayDetailTex
		{
			value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/detaillight
		}
	}
}

[LOG 18:13:08.838] EVEManager: Issue loading CityLightsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "cityLightsMaterial" in "OBJECT"! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "_CityOverlayTex" in "cityLightsMaterial"!
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.Parse (System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, System.Object& obj, System.String[] value, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CityLights.CityLightsObject.LoadConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I know you don't own all of them, but anything you can suggest would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, CoriW said:

Hmm, what about keeping the DSNModifier at 4, and then using Module Manager to multiply the Antenna Power rating of all parts with the ModuleDataTransmitter by 4?

That would work, but we wanted to avoid using a MM patch to modify the antennas.  We preferred to leave it in the hands of the player to decide what settings to use, which is why we chose to make a recommendation only.  But that was before we knew about the bug.  We may need to reconsidering in light of the bug and modify the antennas as you suggest.  We can always delete the patch if and when the bug gets fixed.

15 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Unable to parse "_CityOverlayTex" in "cityLightsMaterial"

Looks like you're missing a texture file (however this can happen) which will crash parts of EVE.
Not sure about the NRE, might be useful if you upload the full log instead of posting snippets :)

edit: wait a second...

value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/main

why do you run SVE in JNSQ anyway? JNSQ comes with it own configs and textures for EVE.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

On 5/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, Galileo said:

When starting new saves under JNSQ, we advise that you enter Difficulty Settings and raise the DSN modifier to 16x. Leave the range modifier at 1, as changing it triggers a bug that may prevent science transmission.

So I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to apply this to the settings when using Remote tech?  I ask because when it comes to range modifiers RemoteTech has 2 sliders one for modifying the tracking station/DSN range.  That range is 0 to 10x. There is an antenna range modifier as well of  0 to 10X. 

Thanks

This is usually what drives me from KSP for long periods, getting any of the interesting configurations to work correctly is rarely easy. Have spent all afternoon pulling mods in and out trying to figure out what's going on. And I'm very confused as with the same mods, now Kopernicus is failing to load the outer planets. If I pull the modular flight integrator from gamedata the error goes away, but it can't be run like that anyway.

All looks as above until we get to this, and it spams this exception to the end of the file.

[LOG 21:13:27.395] [Scatterer] Camera overlap: 199999.7
[LOG 21:13:27.397] [Scatterer] Effects loaded for Kerbin
[LOG 21:13:27.400] [UIApp] Adding MessageSystem to Application Launcher
[LOG 21:13:27.401] [ApplicationLauncher] SetHidden: 
[EXC 21:13:27.403] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()
[LOG 21:13:27.844] [EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now MACRO
[LOG 21:13:27.844] [EVE] Applying _MainTex Cubemap
[LOG 21:13:27.844] [EVE] Applying _MainTex Cubemap
[LOG 21:13:27.845] [EVE CloudsManager]: Clouds2D is now SCALED
[LOG 21:13:27.845] [EVE] Applying _MainTex Cubemap
[LOG 21:13:27.845] [EVE] Applying _MainTex Cubemap
[LOG 21:13:27.845] [Scatterer] Camera overlap: 199999.7
[LOG 21:13:27.845] [Scatterer] Skynode initiated for Kerbin
[LOG 21:13:27.845] [MessageSystem] OnAppInitialized
[LOG 21:13:27.845] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.1093221 22570
[EXC 21:13:27.846] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:13:27.887] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:13:27.915] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:13:27.932] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:13:27.949] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:13:27.974] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:13:27.999] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Below is link to KSP log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MSIKqydCSpspgizp_LIE2EV7vz0KVHx/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Looks like you're missing a texture file (however this can happen) which will crash parts of EVE.
Not sure about the NRE, might be useful if you upload the full log instead of posting snippets :)

edit: wait a second...

why do you run SVE in JNSQ anyway? JNSQ comes with it own configs and textures for EVE.

Ah, didn't know that, will remove it. Thanks.

Interesting. I just pulled SVE and now I'm back to solid black sky and invisible oceans. So I guess something is failing in JNSQ EVE configs that is being fixed by SVE.

However, the Kopernicus failure is also gone.

Edited by vossiewulf

Well I have no idea what was going on now. I seem to have everything installed that I did before minus SVE and it's working fine, but SVE didn't cause the Black Planet of Doom effect, so who the hell knows. KSP always seems to maintain a high degree of arbitrary behavior.

Thanks for the help, will let you know if I ever figure out why it was broken in the first place.

55 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Well I have no idea what was going on now. I seem to have everything installed that I did before minus SVE and it's working fine, but SVE didn't cause the Black Planet of Doom effect, so who the hell knows. KSP always seems to maintain a high degree of arbitrary behavior.

Thanks for the help, will let you know if I ever figure out why it was broken in the first place.

You've already found the issue :P You're not supposed to use SVE with JNSQ. SVE is a set of visual enhancements for the actual stock system. JNSQ although it has the bodies with the same names (hence the conflict), it essentially deletes the stock system and replaces it with a brand new one at a larger scale. JNSQ comes with its own visuals and you only need install plain basic EVE in order to activate those.

Edited by Zorg

5 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

There is something odd going on with your Kopernicus install. This is from your list of installed mods:

Kopernicus.Parser v1.0.0.0
ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.6.0
Kopernicus v1.0.0.0
[snip]
Kopernicus.Components v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus.OnDemand v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2

The latest release includes some significant code changes. For example: the "Kopernicus.Components.dll" and "Kopernicus.OnDemand.dll" no longer exists. Since these files are still listed in your log, I have to assume you installed a) a wrong version of kopernicus or b) you tried to update it by overwriting existing files.

Also, you have installed "BoulderCo" which will cause the same issue like SVE, since it tries to do the same stuff.

Also also, you're missing "unblur", a new dependency for toolbar controller so most of the mods maintained by linuxgurugamer are not going to work properly for you ;)

19 hours ago, OhioBob said:

JNSQ was designed for stock aerodynamics with stock parachutes

Do the atmospheres use the rules you developed for Realistic Atmospheres? I see similar notes in the comments. If so, FAR's model should work as it always has. Stock parachutes under RealChute Lite seem to behave as they always have since the last official FAR on KSP 1.3.1.

The most recent release of FAR Continued just seemed to crash a JNSQ installation. On a hunch I removed TweakChute and it seemed to work. So for anyone else using FARc with JNSQ having trouble, that's a workaround.

29 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

The most recent release of FAR Continued just seemed to crash a JNSQ installation. On a hunch I removed TweakChute and it seemed to work. So for anyone else using FARc with JNSQ having trouble, that's a workaround.

Strange, I use FAR Continued and had no such issue. Haven't had to touch TweakChute in my install at all.

I'm also playing with far and having no issues. Tweakchute makes its changes to moduleparachute. Far removes moduleparachute from parts and replaces it with its own module. Tweakchute wont do anything in  a FAR game, but shouldn't be able to crash it. I think @Gordon Fecyk may have a third mod causing a conflict.

However, since tweakchute isn't doing it's thing with FAR, you have to remember to set the altitude and pressure for opening chutes if you don't want to smash into the ground too fast. Luckily both are easily tweak-able in  the editor. Were just an extra right click away from safety is all.

25 minutes ago, NipperySlipples said:

I think @Gordon Fecyk may have a third mod causing a conflict.

Maybe... I installed JNSQ 0.7 while using the previous FARc (Lundgren) and got to start up without issues. A day later and I put in FARc Mach without changing anything else, which is when I started having trouble. It wasn't consistent either. Removing TweakChute was just the first thing I tried, and it happened to work.

6 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

There is something odd going on with your Kopernicus install. This is from your list of installed mods:

ModularFlightIntegrator v1.0.0.0 / v1.2.6.0
Kopernicus v1.0.0.0
[snip]
Kopernicus.Components v1.0.0.0
Kopernicus.OnDemand v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2

The latest release includes some significant code changes. For example: the "Kopernicus.Components.dll" and "Kopernicus.OnDemand.dll" no longer exists. Since these files are still listed in your log, I have to assume you installed a) a wrong version of kopernicus or b) you tried to update it by overwriting existing files.

Also, you have installed "BoulderCo" which will cause the same issue like SVE, since it tries to do the same stuff.

Also also, you're missing "unblur", a new dependency for toolbar controller so most of the mods maintained by linuxgurugamer are not going to work properly for you ;)

Ok, first the reason I'm confused is that I had SVE installed in my earlier tests with just the graphics-enhancement mods without getting the black sky of death. So it may be related to SVE, but something else is triggering that failure.

Boulderco, thanks, I was about to take that out as I couldn't remember what it's for (never a good sign), but I will definitely pull it out now.

I don't understand the Kopernicus version. I redownloaded that yesterday grabbing the latest version after seeing the Kopernicus failure during my testing. I don't see how I have the wrong version, will check again when I get home.

Thanks very much for looking into it, I appreciate the time and effort.

@vossiewulf I really think it'd be worth your time to start all over. Uninstall KSP with Steam, delete the KSP folder from the steamapps directory. (Back up anything you want to save first!) Make sure your Steam settings are set to lock to the 1.7.1 version; counterintuitively, this is done through the "betas" tab of game properties. Install KSP, with or without the expansions you own/want to play with.

Then COPY the "Kerbal Space Program" folder out of your Steam games directory and off to someplace else. Rename it to something helpful; I use "KSP 1.7.1 JNSQ."

Then in THAT game folder, install all your mods from scratch. CKAN works fine for me; you might prefer to download and install manually. I've done that too and that also works. You will HAVE to do that for the JNSQ mod itself, since it's not on CKAN. (Or wasn't last time I played, which was last week.)

If you download the required versions of Kopernicus, EVE and Scatterer and install them correctly (again, CKAN works for me), then install JNSQ, I can think of no reason why your game wouldn't run pretty much perfectly. Mine does. Though do note that Scatterer can apparently sometimes cause crashes. This is normal and to be expected, unfortunately. You might choose not to install Scatterer, at least at first until you've got your game nice and stable. JNSQ's graphics still look quite good without it, though it does make them (in my opinion) dramatically better.

3 hours ago, jefferyharrell said:

@vossiewulf I really think it'd be worth your time to start all over.

I thought I did that yesterday :) But yes the Boulderco thing reminded me there are some (fully updated) mods in there that were from previous games and aren't needed. Maybe the best thing to do is start over over.

I already have myself locked in 1.71, one of the best definitions of stark raving madness that I'm aware of is letting Squad update your KSP install whenever it wants.

6 hours ago, NipperySlipples said:

I'm also playing with far and having no issues. Tweakchute makes its changes to moduleparachute. Far removes moduleparachute from parts and replaces it with its own module. Tweakchute wont do anything in  a FAR game, but shouldn't be able to crash it.

That's not exactly correct.  TweakChutes doesn't change ModuleParachute, it copies the module and renames it TweakChute.  If FAR deletes ModuleParachute, the TweakChute module is still there.  I don't know if that causes a problem or not, I'll have to check with @Sigma88.  If it does, we can probably make the addition of the TweakChute module contingent on FAR not being installed.

23 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

TweakChutes doesn't change ModuleParachute, it copies the module and renames it TweakChute. 

Technically TweakChutes comes with just the plugin, what makes the change is the cfg that is part of JNSQ

But it is correct that the cfg does not affect the ModuleParachute, it only makes a copy at :FINAL (even though I have already made a better cfg for the guys to include in the next update)

23 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

If FAR deletes ModuleParachute, the TweakChute module is still there.

seeing as JNSQ uses FINAL, FAR renames the node before JNSQ (see here and here) so the JNSQ patch will simply not apply

which means TweakChutes is disabled in JNSQ if you install FAR

Edited by Sigma88