[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, MOPC said:

Yep, didn't help me either.

While I can replicate this, the lag only happens when the console is open. As soon as I open the console to view errors, I get terrible performance, and as soon as I close it, its fine. I do know what the issue is, but why is beyond me. For now I have removed the problem and we will make it better in our next release sometime in December.

With that said,

UPDATE

0.8.1. Change log

• Fixed 0.8 lag fest.

Download is linked in the OP

The mirror is going up as I type this.

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Nope that number should have gone up a little bit if anything.

Remember that 0.8 changed a patch from blanket applying to all parts and subselecting a few to applying just to the meedeed parts. 

Ive tweaked some other JNSQ files in a similar way which stoppen patch count by 3000. 

So the observed behavior with respect to MM patches is as-expected. The end result is still the same due to the improved filter ;).

9 minutes ago, Galileo said:

While I can replicate this, the lag only happens when the console is open. As soon as I open the console to view errors, I get terrible performance, and as soon as I close it, its fine. I do know what the issue is, but why is beyond me. For now I have removed the problem and we will make it better in our next release sometime in December.

That sounds really weird - why would console state affect continuous errors in C(G?)PU operations, heh?.. Even weirder is that for me the log spam caused stutters even with closed console (and actually was a reason to open it for the first time :lol:

Anyways, thanks for assistance with the issue. Hope you could get it figured out in next releases ^^

Edited by MOPC
was reading with closed eyes ​​​​​​​~_~

3 minutes ago, MOPC said:

That sounds really weird - why would console state affect continuous errors in C(G?)PU operations, heh?.. Even weirder is that for me the log spam caused stutters even with closed console (and actually was a reason for me to open it for the first time :lol:

I checked commits on github, noticed that you removed Lighthouse entry in Kerbin.cfg. That's a working fix for now, right?

Yeah, that was the issue. I could have just posted that, but I would have been flooded with issues by people that didn't see the patch, that's why I released a new update.

While checking the issue, I found an issue with the clouds as well, so it was time well spent.

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

that's why I released a new update.

Oh, I didn't notice the new patch released ^_^ Should've just reloaded the page instead of asking dumb questions. Also editing my posts like crazy, it's really hard to get used to old-fashioned forum conversations pace after Discord.

Thanks again for the help, and the mod itself of course <3

2 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

What exactly was the Breaking Ground fix? I was happily driving my rover to the area where the Baobab trees were so I can finally scan them, only to find out they are not there anymore :o

The stock cfgs changed since our initial release. The scanning arms and other science parts for the new scatter didn't work. Now they do. Hopefully you are using the latest release and not the dev version, as there was a discrepancy last night that got worked out prior to release that turned baobab trees into moho stones. Lol

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Thanks, I finally found one, and scanning finally works :) Seems they are less frequent than in the previous release, but that's fine

They are, kinda, but that's by design. If you want more, go find the BG_Scatter.cfg and adjust the frequency on Kerbin for it's BG objects. Keep in mind that the frequency is multiplied by 0.25 to avoid over spawning in a 2.7x scale system. Theoretically, it should be roughly the same amount however, they are more spread out.

Edited by Galileo

On 6/17/2019 at 12:51 AM, OhioBob said:

Range modifier = 1
DSN modifier = 16

... relays will be much less effective, and likely inadequate for the scale of JNSQ. 
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that – the bug is a stock issue, not a JNSQ issue.

Another solution is
DSN modifier = 4 and

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:FINAL 
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{
		@antennaPower *= 4
	}
}

If the idea tweaking the stock well-known power of antennas is not likeable,
there i
s also CommNet Antennas Extension — mostly RemoteTech antennas with stock CommNet modules.
It is pretty useful as it is for the JNSQ in the sandbox. It has 2-5 times more powerful relays comparing to stock (32M, 7G, 25G, 500G). 
Though JNSQ may want to patch @TechRequired for getting a more powerful counterpart at the same node as stock in the career.
By default I placed the antennas in-between and at neighbour brunch with a delay.

Edited by flart

37 minutes ago, flart said:

Another solution is
DSN modifier = 4 and ...

That's what we've done in the new release.  You're looking at outdated information.

From the JNSQ Readme:

* When starting new saves under JNSQ, we advise that you enter Difficulty Settings and raise the DSN modifier to 4x. JNSQ applies a patch to increase antenna range by 4x, so leave the range modifier at 1 (changing it triggers a bug that may prevent science transmission).

Edited by OhioBob

5 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

That's what we've done in the new release.  You're looking at outdated information.

From the JNSQ Readme:

* When starting new saves under JNSQ, we advise that you enter Difficulty Settings and raise the DSN modifier to 4x. JNSQ applies a patch to increase antenna range by 4x, so leave the range modifier at 1 (changing it triggers a bug that may prevent science transmission).

That's my fault. The OP is outdated. I'll need to fix that 

8 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

From the JNSQ Readme:

On 0.7 with 1.7.3 I did not have any problems transmitting Science with 4x DSN and 4x antenna range settings. 

Quite possibly the bug has been fixed.

edit, without the 4x patch that was added after 0.7. 

Edited by Jognt

57 minutes ago, Jognt said:

On 0.7 with 1.7.3 I did not have any problems transmitting Science with 4x DSN and 4x antenna range settings. 

Quite possibly the bug has been fixed.

edit, without the 4x patch that was added after 0.7. 

It's only under certain conditions that the bug prevents science transmission.  So the fact that you could doesn't necessarily mean it's been fixed.  But I admit I haven't checked it, so maybe it has.  I'll run some tests before our next release to see if I can verify one way or another.

Help me please.

Installed JNSQ. And I have a problem.

The sun does not shine on Kerbin. On the moon, everything is fine. Copernicus and Module Manager installed the latest version. The version of the game, Steam, the latest.

Perhaps someone has already decided similar?

Screenshot

5 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I think the DeltaV map you have on the main page is inaccurate. It does not take 4900dv to get to LKO

I get to orbit using ~4900 m/s all the time.  Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.  But 4900 is a good median.  What do you use?

4 hours ago, HRON said:

Help me please.

Installed JNSQ. And I have a problem.

The sun does not shine on Kerbin. On the moon, everything is fine. Copernicus and Module Manager installed the latest version. The version of the game, Steam, the latest.

Perhaps someone has already decided similar?

Screenshot

Will need logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. 

Also, do not take offense, but if you are experiencing an eclipse, I will probably laugh a little :)

7 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I think the DeltaV map you have on the main page is inaccurate. It does not take 4900dv to get to LKO

A deltaV map's numbers are always estimates. Sometimes rough, sometimes sharp but they can never be exact. Always over-engineer a little and pack more dV than you think you need. Because you'll need it.

4 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

So is Kronometer no longer playing nicely with JNSQ? 

Kronometer is built into JNSQ now (see JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/ folder) so we no longer recommend people download it separately. I don't remember for sure but evidently it did become conflicting on its own.

Edited by JadeOfMaar