[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

@JadeOfMaar any plans to bundle a JadeOfMaar approved KS3P config? I love the added bit of bloom/AO but for some reason my coding feel does not translate to visual design! (And if that sunflare is anything to go by; your visual design feel is rock solid)

10 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I was trying to do the anomaly contracts, but it won't acknowledge my presence at the obelisk at KSC. It's floating for some reason, so I went to some lengths to put myself in a position that the game should recognize as collocated with the obelisk, but no go. Are anomalies broken in JNSQ?

2M3ULbsh.png

KACZ793h.png

It's not a bug, its a challenge! lol

14 hours ago, Jognt said:

The obelisk at KSC hasn't given me any message since... a long time. I can confirm other obelisks working as intended so whatever is up with that KSC one, it's not due to JNSQ.

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@vossiewulf There is a known problem that the location of the KSC Monolith is hardcoded to the stock location so when the KSC moves, its monolith becomes worthless. (GPP problems lol.) Cancel that contract and move on, my dude.

7 hours ago, snkiz said:

It's not a bug, its a challenge! lol

Thanks guys. And yes, it was entertaining to make that rover, it actually drove (on flat ground) very well. It once again made me start thinking about giant roving Mun bases :)

21 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I was trying to do the anomaly contracts, but it won't acknowledge my presence at the obelisk at KSC. It's floating for some reason, so I went to some lengths to put myself in a position that the game should recognize as collocated with the obelisk, but no go. Are anomalies broken in JNSQ?

2M3ULbsh.png

KACZ793h.png

Do you have the latest JNSQ? The monolith does not float in the latest versions.

43 minutes ago, Jesse-Lacey said:

So I noticed an update to KS3P today and was wondering if it is likely to conflict or cause any issues with JNSQ. The pack looks beautiful as is, but post processing tends to be nice for screenshots. Any thoughts?

I don't see any reason why KS3P should conflict with JNSQ. EVE (+any clouds) and scatterer already worked perfectly fine with KS3P and the update doesn't change the way KS3P works. It "just" adds an UI and dx11 support (for KS3P shaders, not the whole game).

5 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I don't see any reason why KS3P should conflict with JNSQ. EVE (+any clouds) and scatterer already worked perfectly fine with KS3P and the update doesn't change the way KS3P works. It "just" adds an UI and dx11 support (for KS3P shaders, not the whole game).

That's what I figured but I wanted to ask just in case. Thanks a bunch!

Unless you know how to compile from source, that is. It's pretty easy to do if you've done any programming whatsoever. JNSQ itself doesn't really have anything to prevent it from running on 1.7.2, and Kopernicus (well, the GitHub version, at least) also works, once you remove the version lock. In fact, I'm running it that way right now, and it's pretty awesome.

Who says anything about discussion? I made a purely factual statement, there's nothing to discuss here. For KSP Store users who have no access to 1.7.1 (say, because they missed the point at which it was available), this is a valuable bit of info, and probably the only way to play JNSQ with BG.

Edited by Guest

@Dragon01 There was a how-to posted a page or two back about downloading 1.7.1 from the Squad web site.

I think Bob's point (not that I'm speaking for him) is that they really don't want to have to deal with "I compiled my own Kopernicus and now your mod ate my dog" stuff. JNSQ is meant to work on the official build of Kopernicus for which it's been configured. Anything else is at-your-own-risk, don't-clutter-up-the-thread-asking-for-support stuff.

That's just my own interpretation.

Hi folks,

Just a gentle reminder to keep it on topic, please.  This thread is for discussing the JNSQ mod, and the last few posts are starting to derail the conversation into an argument about Kopernicus.  Keep the topic on this mod, please, and not try to fight some other mod's battle here.  If anyone wants to discuss their thoughts about Kopernicus, this thread is not the place for that, take it elsewhere, please.

Thank you for your understanding.

i have reasearch bodies installed along with jnsq and the difficulty options for medium shows  (sun, kerbin, mun, minmus, moho) and then when i get into game, i do indeed have sun, mun, minmus, but i have jool instead of moho. 

Edited by run1235

3 hours ago, run1235 said:

i have reasearch bodies installed along with jnsq and the difficulty options for medium shows  (sun, kerbin, mun, minmus, moho) and then when i get into game, i do indeed have sun, mun, minmus, but i have jool instead of moho. 

Well looking in the ResearchBodies.cfg file inthe mod, these are the settings relating to Research Bodies:

IGNORELEVELS
	{
		// body = easy normal medium hard
		Sun = true true true true 
		Moho = false false false false 
		Eve = false false false false 
		Gilly = false false false false 
		Kerbin = true true true true 
		Mun = true true true true 
		Minmus = true true true true 
		Duna = false false false false 
		Ike = false false false false 
		Edna = false false false false 
		Dak = false false false false 
		Dres = false false false false 
		Jool = true true true false 
		Laythe = false false false false 
		Vall = false false false false 
		Tylo = false false false false 
		Bop = true false false false 
		Pol = true false false false 
		Lindor = true false false false 
		Krel = true false false false 
		Aden = false false false false 
		Riga = false false false false 
		Talos = false false false false 
		Hamek = false false false false 
		Eeloo = true false false false 
		Celes = false false false false 
		Tam = false false false false 
		Nara = false false false false 
		Amos = false false false false 
		Enon = false false false false 
		Prax = false false false false 
	}

I play with Research Bodies and can confirm that this is how I see the planet initially depending on the mod's difficulty setting.

Personally, I don't think it makes sense to have any of the major planets or even the larger moons hidden on easy mode. In our solar system, all 9 classical planets (including Pluto), most of the larger moons, and several asteroids and comets were all discovered before the age of rocketry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_discovery_of_Solar_System_planets_and_their_moons

https://www.space.com/51-asteroids-formation-discovery-and-exploration.html

1 hour ago, sturmhauke said:

Personally, I don't think it makes sense to have any of the major planets or even the larger moons hidden on easy mode. In our solar system, all 9 classical planets (including Pluto), most of the larger moons, and several asteroids and comets were all discovered before the age of rocketry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_discovery_of_Solar_System_planets_and_their_moons

https://www.space.com/51-asteroids-formation-discovery-and-exploration.html

Who says the discoveries are over? :cool:

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Who says the discoveries are over? :cool:

It's one thing to say we might discover another planet. It's another to hide the existence of the game's equivalent of Mars from its inhabitants.

However in the gameplay vs realism continuum, this looks like some fun gameplay. And you can't reasonably expect someone who installed ResearchBodies to want all the planets to be already discovered by default.

15 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

I thought it would be fun, but it just turned out to be annoying for me.  I don't think I'll use Research Bodies again.

I know what you mean, though I've only ever used it with JNSQ so I don't know how to compare it to a 'normal' game.