[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

24 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

KSP 1.8 Will introduce new Surface Textures. Does JNSQ override those textures?

We won't know for sure what 1.8 does until 1.8 is released.  But if things work as they do now, then JNSQ will override them.  JNSQ completely deletes the stock planets and replaces them using its own textures.  

55 minutes ago, Jognt said:

TL:DR -> That message is harmless. FPS problem is due to another bug. Link to temporary fix in my signature. Link to step-by-step instructions in the linked link.

You, sir, are a gentleman.

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

We won't know for sure what 1.8 does until 1.8 is released.  But if things work as they do now, then JNSQ will override them.  JNSQ completely deletes the stock planets and replaces them using its own textures.  

But the new 1.8 textures for Duna looks amazing

Does JNSQ do a better Job?

Edited by FreeThinker

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Can I play with JNSQ but disable DUNA texture?

You can do whatever you want if you write a config for it.  Be advised, however, that we don't provide support for user modified versions of JNSQ.

Also note that JNSQ Duna is a completely different planet than stock Duna.  Those stock textures may not work at all on our version of Duna.

Edited by OhioBob

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

But the new 1.8 textures for Duna looks amazing

Does JNSQ do a better Job?

JNSQ does not do a better job lol!  The new visuals are outstanding and we will adjust accordingly once they are released

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

JNSQ does not do a better job lol!  The new visuals are outstanding and we will adjust accordingly once they are released

great, from the looks of it, its more than just a high resolution texture, rather a kind of multi layered texture which depend on the zoom scale. Do you have any insights what this is?

Edited by FreeThinker

Good thing is, I have a potential SSTA in low Kerbin orbit with Jeb and Bill and 2.500 m/s dV left for a proper Minmus transfer and landing.

Bad thing is, my framerate drops significantly as soon as I am low over Minmus. Framerate was 3 fps, landing not possible in that way.
Framerate directly after launch is fairly okay, but drops as soon as I am over the ocean on Kerbin.

This is a fresh install from yesterday with KSP 1.7.3 with Breaking Ground and Making History, latest Kopernicus and JNSQ.
Reasonable Ressources has been removed manually, other mods are Mechjeb, KER, RCS planner.

Link to output.log
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g21Toqx4CmjsaripSn76r2BA16DLtWZ-

Does anybody have an idea?

- Mephisto-

KerbalX link for the Stiletto:
https://kerbalx.com/Mephisto/JNSQ-02-Stiletto-SSTA-for-Je-ne-sais-quoi-Planet-pack

VBwAjst.jpg

pzXL1LG.jpg

WTbzfLP.jpg

Edited by Mephisto81
KerbalX link

3 hours ago, Mephisto81 said:

Good thing is, I have a potential SSTA in low Kerbin orbit with Jeb and Bill and 2.500 m/s dV left for a proper Minmus transfer and landing.

Bad thing is, my framerate drops significantly as soon as I am low over Minmus. Framerate was 3 fps, landing not possible in that way.
Framerate directly after launch is fairly okay, but drops as soon as I am over the ocean on Kerbin.

This is a fresh install from yesterday with KSP 1.7.3 with Breaking Ground and Making History, latest Kopernicus and JNSQ.
Reasonable Ressources has been removed manually, other mods are Mechjeb, KER, RCS planner.

Link to output.log
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g21Toqx4CmjsaripSn76r2BA16DLtWZ-

Probably its the Kopernicus issue with Breaking Grounds terrain features. My workaround was to uninstall Breaking Grounds until the fix will come.

I would have another question. Is is possible to rescale JNSQ to x3.2 just by making some changes in the config? Or should I use rescale despite it is discouraged to do?

45 minutes ago, Darkherring said:

I would have another question. Is is possible to rescale JNSQ to x3.2 just by making some changes in the config? Or should I use rescale despite it is discouraged to do?

Do you mean you want to make JNSQ 3.2x compared to stock size, or do you want to make JNSQ 3.2x larger than it currently is?  In either case, it would probably be easiest to use Sigma Dimensions, though you'll have to write your own config.  I don't recommend using Rescale because it is designed to scale up stock sized systems, and JNSQ is not stock sized.

If you want JNSQ to be 3.2x compared to stock, you might try this:

@SigmaDimensions
{
	@Resize = 1.2
	@Rescale = 1.2
}

Edited by OhioBob

7 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Do you mean you want to make JNSQ 3.2x compared to stock size, or do you want to make JNSQ 3.2x larger than it currently is?  In either case, it would probably be easiest to use Sigma Dimensions, though you'll have to write your own config.

I meant x3.2 compared to stock size.
Writing own config would take some time :/ I hoped I could just adjust 2-3 variables to make it work :P

1 minute ago, Darkherring said:

I meant x3.2 compared to stock size.
Writing own config would take some time :/ I hoped I could just adjust 2-3 variables to make it work :P

Writing a Sigma Dimensions config is easy.  You might have missed it, but I just edited my previous post to show you how.

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm working on setting up a new install.  I was about to download this, but noticed that the last release was June 17, and that there are 96 updates since.  Do you have a rough ETA for the next release of this?

Thx

I've completely loss track of what the current status is.  I'm as confused about what is going on as you are.  Maybe @Galileo or @JadeOfMaar can give us an update.

1 hour ago, Darkherring said:

Probably its the Kopernicus issue with Breaking Grounds terrain features. My workaround was to uninstall Breaking Grounds until the fix will come.

Thanks. That was it. Turns out, you can disable them in settings.cfg . Or at least prevent from spawning.
SERENITY_ROCS_VISUAL_SPEED  was set to 0 (from previous 500). That improved FPS quite to playable levels.

Here is another thread to the topic:
https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/365

-Mephisto-

2 hours ago, Mephisto81 said:

Thanks. That was it. Turns out, you can disable them in settings.cfg . Or at least prevent from spawning.
SERENITY_ROCS_VISUAL_SPEED  was set to 0 (from previous 500). That improved FPS quite to playable levels.

Here is another thread to the topic:
https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/365

-Mephisto-

Check the link in my signature. It’s a known issue. 

Hi guys

I've just installed JNSQ onto a new, mildly modded install, and I'm having issues with loading the mod in. After the game loads, it will show an error message on the home menu saying that certain planets didn't load in properly, and not to load up old saves. When I load up a new save, the game soft locks and gets stuck on the loading screen, with the loading animation happily looping along until I force quit the game. 

Logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yRu7cSuKC_IOcwP-9cgbfs-qulgGTj4G

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AkG-vJM7uz0KhBNKlIvMTQt55Nzznbil

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y8IZmpzWnqTTYhDtCww978zo7lqjHenm

All I can tell from this is that Aden has an issue, but not what the issue is.

If you're running this with Kerbalism's changes to the way science works, you're going to have to increase your science rewards by about 150% at least. It is unreasonably difficult to return from the Mun with pre-2.5m-rocket technology in this scale.

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

Hi,

First of all, huge thanks to the developers team for hard work on this mod. It is a beautiful, challenging, and perfectly balanced new breath of KSP for many players. Once again the modding community proven their ability to make games better and better even years after their release! Thank you all again, I hope to see more awesome stuff from you guys, maybe for KSP2 when it finally releases :P

Yesterday I spent roughly and hour and 20 minutes to fly across the KSC peninsula to gain science and money from different biomes, but sadly lost 1 drop-probe out of 4 and missed with 2 more, landed them on Shores biome instead of different seas. Well, at least I completed contracts to get a plane to 10km and reach 220 m/s of speed, ha. Can't wait to get to what's waiting for me in space!

Here are some screenshots if you're interested, sorry for 1600x900 - gotta save all those precious FPS until get better CPU: https://imgur.com/a/ssg8WT0.

So, in short, tl;dr as many say - I brought KSP to roughly Elite:Dangerous levels of time-wasting :D

Now to questions,

Transfer Window Planner mod, which, as author said, should be compatible with all planet packs or rescales, filled my log with nullExceptions after I launched a craft and reverted back to SPH, no game crash occured though. Removing the mod fixed the issue. I can try reproducing it tomorrow and post the log (restarted the game already, so it got overwritten, sorry) if you want to further investigate the problem, but now I just want to know if that's a known bug with TWP or JNSQ?

Secondly. I've been making a Kerbin map based on biomes map, and looks like the `Sub-ArcticSea` biome doesn't match the color specified in Kerbin.cfg. The config got the HEX as #494fbd, but colorpicking the area which I assume is this biome (the only sea left on my map and the closest to polar caps non-Arctic sea) gave me value of #4a50bd. Pic: https://imgur.com/a/RqvSrF4. Is that an error on map/in config or my mistake?

3 hours ago, MOPC said:

Secondly. I've been making a Kerbin map based on biomes map, and looks like the `Sub-ArcticSea` biome doesn't match the color specified in Kerbin.cfg. The config got the HEX as #494fbd, but colorpicking the area which I assume is this biome (the only sea left on my map and the closest to polar caps non-Arctic sea) gave me value of #4a50bd. Pic: https://imgur.com/a/RqvSrF4. Is that an error on map/in config or my mistake?

We're glad you're enjoying. :P That's always great news.

I can't speak for TWP. I'm hoping osomeone else answers soon who does use it. I'm betting you have an edge case of a problem. There shouldn't be any errors in the biome map except that the color for Arid Peaks is missing and that is the cause of any biome related issues in-game.