[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

7 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

So is Kronometer no longer playing nicely with JNSQ? 

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

A deltaV map's numbers are always estimates. Sometimes rough, sometimes sharp but they can never be exact. Always over-engineer a little and pack more dV than you think you need. Because you'll need it.

Kronometer is built into JNSQ now (see JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/ folder) so we no longer recommend people download it separately. I don't remember for sure but evidently it did become conflicting on its own.

It didn't conflict with anything, but people didn't realize they NEEDED to download it, so they were reporting funky time issues because they were still using 6 hour days.

4 hours ago, HRON said:

Help me please.

Installed JNSQ. And I have a problem.

The sun does not shine on Kerbin. On the moon, everything is fine. Copernicus and Module Manager installed the latest version. The version of the game, Steam, the latest.

Perhaps someone has already decided similar?

Screenshot

If you have any planet packs that change Sun or move Kerbin. If you have any planet packs that add galaxies. If you have any visual packs installed. Remove all of these.

If you're using Scatterer version less than 0.5, fix that.

And try to keep your modded KSP out of Steam. Steam's auto-updates of KSP leads to Kopernicus stopping and people complaining.

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

It didn't conflict with anything, but people didn't realize they NEEDED to download it, so they were reporting funky time issues because they were still using 6 hour days.

Oops :D

15 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

A deltaV map's numbers are always estimates. Sometimes rough, sometimes sharp but they can never be exact. Always over-engineer a little and pack more dV than you think you need. Because you'll need it.

It's not by a little. It takes me just 3400 dv to reach orbit. It makes me think i installed teh mod wrong.

Would this be a problem if i installed JNSQ AFTER i started my current game ?

1 hour ago, Nicky21 said:

It's not by a little. It takes me just 3400 dv to reach orbit. It makes me think i installed teh mod wrong.

Would this be a problem if i installed JNSQ AFTER i started my current game ?

In that case, something is definitely screwed up in your installation.  Sounds like you still have stock Kerbin.  Did you install Kopernicus?

You should definitely not load into JNSQ a game started prior to installing JNSQ.  JNSQ is a complete overhaul of the stock system, so anything from an old game will almost certainly not be compatible with JNSQ.  If you plan to play JNSQ, you should start a new game after installing it.

Edited by OhioBob

8 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

I wanted to beautify my KSC a little with some KK. I want the grass sections to have the same color as the stock ones, but the auto grass color doesn't quite fit. Does anyone have the correct values?

I just pulled this out of the KK configs for JNSQ, hope it helps:

KK_ColorPreset:NEEDS[KerbalKonstructs]
{
	Name = JNSQ KSC
	Color = 0.210,0.215,0.160,0.100
	Texture = BUILTIN:/terrain_grass00_new
}

44 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Thanks! I just realized these values can be accessed via the "Preset" menu. They are, however, much darker than the ground and the grass around the stock buildings. So no solution yet :/

https://github.com/Galileo88/JNSQ/blob/2e7e44230d30aded24514f9bb83783a98eb41bd9/GameData/JNSQ/JNSQ_Bodies/Kerbin.cfg#L2583

8 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I wanted to beautify my KSC a little with some KK. I want the grass sections to have the same color as the stock ones, but the auto grass color doesn't quite fit. Does anyone have the correct values?

How does one change the grass colour in KK?

11 minutes ago, subyng said:

How does one change the grass colour in KK?

In the main window (where you filter and select statics to spawn) there's a row with four input fields (RGBA) under there to set a new default color for spawned statics. In the tall (individual) static editor window for an existing object, go near to the bottom and you'll see two buttons for Gras Color: Preset, Edit. "Preset" is self-explanatory. To add presets you have to create or edit a config for it. "Edit" gives you a small window with RGBA inputs and a somewhat useless terrain normal selector input field. Do note that as you increase the Alpha value, this normal texture gets stronger and darkens the final color.

8 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

8 hours ago, Pleb said:

I just pulled this out of the KK configs for JNSQ, hope it helps:

<codeblock>

I didn't think to update the KK preset color since I avoid adding onto the KSC (because other people have done and will do so). So... that's very obsolete now. Also, I didn't save many presets as it quickly turned into a dumb idea to do so. The KSC Harbor color is very different from the C. Yeager Harbor color, which is annoying as both harbors sit on sea level and blend into the shore. I picked various latitudes and altitudes to build the other bases on and I had no expectation that others would come along and build their own bases.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 9/30/2019 at 6:17 PM, Galileo said:

Will need logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. 

Also, do not take offense, but if you are experiencing an eclipse, I will probably laugh a little :)

Yes, that was the dark side. I wasted time, focusing on the day. But the sun did not appear.
Also, my solar panels do not work. I will try to update the Copernicus. Thanks for the help :)

On 9/30/2019 at 7:03 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

If you have any planet packs that change Sun or move Kerbin. If you have any planet packs that add galaxies. If you have any visual packs installed. Remove all of these.

If you're using Scatterer version less than 0.5, fix that.

And try to keep your modded KSP out of Steam. Steam's auto-updates of KSP leads to Kopernicus stopping and people complaining.

Oops :D

Thank! I will know where to pay attention in the first place.

5 hours ago, Starfire70 said:

The 1.25m heat shield ablator was down to single digits by the end.

Just in case you didn't know, you can burn off all your ablator and still survive.  All the ablator does is lower the temperature of the heat shield.  When the ablator is gone, the temperature will jump up.  But if you are still below the maximum allowable temperature of the heat shield, you'll be OK.  In many cases you just need to have the ablator last long enough to get you past the period of maximum heating.  Once the heating has begun to subside, the ablator can run out and you'll usually be alright (except for extreme cases).

19 hours ago, Starfire70 said:

The first Mun flyby tourist ship returns home. Didn't get good images of the Mun, as closest approach was on the dark side.
Looks like the re-entry periapsis sweet spot is about 35km. The 1.25m heat shield ablator was down to single digits by the end.

0IDyNUy.jpg

How on earth did you get that amazing lighting And the cloud textures looking that good!?!. I just attempted to install JSNQ via CKAN and my game looked like garbage. There was not true “Dark side” of the planet it was just dimmed slightly. Plus I dident see clouds either. I’ve seen a lot of screen shots that look that good but haven’t been able to replicate it myself! Some help would be great! Thanks

Edited by ForTheJukebox
Incorrect Word

1 hour ago, ForTheJukebox said:

How on earth did you get that amazing lighting And the cloud textures looking that good!?!. I just attempted to install JSNQ via CKAN and my game looked like garbage. There was not true “Dark side” of the planet it was just dimmed slightly. Plus I dident see clouds either. I’ve seen a lot of screen shots that look that good but haven’t been able to replicate it myself! Some help would be great! Thanks

Be surer to install the EVE mod. That has the clouds. Besides that I also have scatterer, planetshine, and distant object enhancement installed.

2 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

You might want to put on the front page that the day now has 12 hours. I spent about 10 minutes googling for this info.....

Well the fact that the system has been scaled up kind of implies this. It's the same solar system (but with some cool new features and a few extra celestial bodies) just scaled up, therefore the time it takes for Kerbin to orbit the sun is scaled up accordingly.

Edited by Pleb
Typo

3 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

You might want to put on the front page that the day now has 12 hours. I spent about 10 minutes googling for this info.....

10 seconds to enter the tracking station and look up the planets orbital and rotational data. 

19 hours ago, Starwaster said:

10 seconds to enter the tracking station and look up the planets orbital and rotational data. 

That never crossed my mind. You learn somethign every day.

Anyway, I still think the 12h info should be on the main page of the mod. It's a rather important change.