[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 10/18/2019 at 7:37 PM, Kaa253 said:

Too many 3.75 or even larger late career parts are needed to lift a CSM & LM set up to Mun orbit in one launch.

May I introduce the (apparently Proton-inspired) Lindor V:
https://kerbalx.com/gordonf/Lindor-V

2VroJpN.png

This thing even appeared in the JNSQ Space Race yesterday. Troublesome to launch at first; maybe adding some large reaction wheels would help. But if you can get that transfer stage to orbit with 1550 m/s remaining, it can make the Mun and back.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Proton

I am sorry to ask a rather newbish question, but I'd like to play JNSQ without the Rational Resources Mod. I love the extra challenge of the bigger planets, Delta-V requirements and so on but I really do not need Rational Resources. I have deleted the Rational Resources folder and the Rational Resources config from the JNSQ folder. Problem is I have already scanned Kerbin, Mun and Minmus with the M700 Scansat scanner before that.

Is there anyone who could point out to me the steps necessary to reset the resource distribution from here on. I experimented with the Game Seed under ResourceScenario in my save file but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'd really appreciate any help as I have advanced quite a bit in my career and I'd like to continue it (with new resource distribution that is not set by RR). Thanks in advance for helping this poor noob out!

Edited by hoover2701

5 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

I am sorry to ask a rather newbish question, but I'd like to play JNSQ without the Rational Resources Mod. I love the extra challenge of the bigger planets, Delta-V requirements and so on but I really do not need Rational Resources. I have deleted the Rational Resources folder and the Rational Resources config from the JNSQ folder. Problem is I have already scanned Kerbin, Mun and Minmus with the M700 Scansat scanner before that.

Is there anyone who could point out to me the steps necessary to reset the resource distribution from here on. I experimented with the Game Seed under ResourceScenario in my save file but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'd really appreciate any help as I have advanced quite a bit in my career and I'd like to continue it (with new resource distribution that is not set by RR). Thanks in advance for helping this poor noob out!

Ouch. I’m not sure, but maybe it’s possible to reset the scans you’ve done from the SCANsat options? 

7 hours ago, Jognt said:

Ouch. I’m not sure, but maybe it’s possible to reset the scans you’ve done from the SCANsat options? 

In fact I already tried that, but whenever I start the Orbital Scan once again, the ore concentration on Minmus is at 0,5 to 1,9. I believe the stock-/CRP-values should be higher. As mentioned I changed the ResourceScenario part in the persistent.sfs.

SCENARIO
    {
        name = ResourceScenario
        scene = 7, 8, 5, 6, 21
        RESOURCE_SETTINGS
        {
            GameSeed = 316199528
            ROCMissionSeed = 316199528
            MaxDeltaTime = 21600
            PLANET_SCAN_DATA
            {
                PlanetId = 1
            }
            PLANET_SCAN_DATA
            {
                PlanetId = 2
            }
            PLANET_SCAN_DATA
            {
                PlanetId = 3
            }
        }
    }

I changed the GameSeed entry, the ROCMissionSeed entry and I removed the PLANET_SCAN_DATA entries. Of course I removed all the RationalResources folders and the RR-config file from the JNSQ-folder beforehand. If I then start the game using the modified persistent.sfs I am able to do a new Orbital Scan with my M700-scanners. Sadly they yield roughly the same results as before, i.e. very low ore concentration on Minmus. There has to be another way but I am no modding expert and really don't know of any other method to reset the values AND get CRP-values on Minmus.

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@hoover2701 What it looks like to me is that map data is encoded in this region within persistence. Delete all the Body{} nodes within Progress{} and you may get what you wish.

SCENARIO
{
	name = SCANcontroller
	Progress
	{
		Body {}
	}
}

Still doesn't work. I deleted all the Body nodes, but after startin the Orbital Scan Ore concentration still is about 0.5 to 1.7 on Minmus. On checking the persistent.sfs after returning to the Space Center the Body nodes for Kerbin, Minmus and Mun are back. Only Moho (that was there before) is missing... Well, thanks for your tip but it seems I won't get what I want. :(

On 10/20/2019 at 9:21 PM, Norcalplanner said:

I think the scale by itself with stock heatshields is challenge enough without DRE and prevents some of the more Kerbal-y shenanigans.

After being unable to return a spaceplane from barely suborbital flight I think I'll keep DRE but reduce heating to 1/4. Given that JNSQ is 2.7 scale, orbital velocity is proportional to the square root of radius and heating is proportional  to the cube of velocity, heating in JNSQ is about 4x higher than in stock.

So I've been getting requests as to my adaption of Astronomer's Visual Pack to JNSQ and while I didn't originally intend to make something to be released (I just wanted the 43k clouds back and ended up doing more), it seems that there's a demand for it. As such, I wanted to touch base with the JNSQ team on how kosher that would be. Master has already given his blessing as far as AVP is concerned, but given what JNSQ is I didn't want to just do it. Moreover, given the look JNSQ goes for, I'd also want to approach it from the perspective of providing a blend of JNSQ's original visuals and the visuals AVP brings to the table:

0Obk3jX.png

WlwxKrV.png

B37h5BI.png

FXKNlLU.pngDrEhTc1.png

Its obviously still a work in progress. Ideally speaking once its done it could be applied to all the different settings AVP has (2k,4k,8k - 43k) by simply replacing the textures. I would also tweak it so that it stays consistent even if a user opts to not use KS3P (as I do). 

But anyway, presuming its kosher (or not) I did still want to ask what the intention is with Lindor. I was thinking of pushing it to be a Saturn/Neptune blend (namely a large visible ring system coupled with fast moving cloud systems) but obviously I don't want to stray too far from what Lindor is supposed to be. 

UPDATE

0.8.5 Change log

KSP 1.7.1 ~ 1.7.3

• Added MachFX tweak: Changed plasma transition range from Mach 2.5 ~ 3.5 to Mach 4.5 ~ 6.5, thanks to players: CalicoJackRackam, Rocketology.
  • Added 3x multiplier to SCANsat scanner altitudes.
  • Adjusted Kerbal Konstructs facilities:
    • Buffed prices on everything. Funds ROI at business facilities break-even at 3 years with 1 kerbal or 1 year with max staff.
    • Unlocked DLC-replacing sites and KSCHarbor launch points.
    • Added features to Woomera2 and made it now override Woomerang.
    • Fixed tile grass colors at all sites.
    • Added and removed color presets.
  • Added new, more defined celestial body textures. Nudging at Squad that we don't need a new shader to play the "stock visual terain" game.
  • Adjusted ocean colors.
  • Updated Rational Resources bundle to 1.0.2. Full changelog here.
  • Removed installer (.exe) option. Unfortunately it was proven more inconvenient than convenient.

NOTE: Surface topography has changed a bit on a handful of bodies. Mun, Duna, Moho,  and Tylo being the most important (no one goes further than that anyway, lets be real). If you have vessels or bases on these bodies, I apologize in advance.

YOU WILL NEED TO DELETE OR EDIT YOUR SETTINGS CFG FOR THIS UPDATE. 
WITH THE PERFORMANCE FIX FROM KOPERNICUS v1.7.3-2 , THE TERRAIN SETTINGS HAVE REVERTED BACK TO ALLOW FOR GREATER DETAIL.
kb26Ee6.png

Download link in the OP.

Edited by Galileo

What does this point in release notes mean in particular?

Added new, more defined celestial body textures. Nudging at Squad that we don't need a new shader to play the "stock visual terain" game.

JNSQ 0.8.5 has new textures for some bodies? And Squad and JNSQ-Team share shaders and textures in future?

15 minutes ago, Louis93 said:

hi ive downloaded this mod and ive downloaded EVE with it but I still have no clouds or atmosphere, am I missing something?

Also - how does this mod work? Does the atmosphere still end at 70km on kerbin?

Post a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

And no. If you read the OP you would see that it's a rescaled mod. 

This mod is also available on CKAN if you have trouble installing mods manually

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Post a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

And no. If you read the OP you would see that it's a rescaled mod. 

https://imgur.com/t8y6IFC

that's my game data folder, and i'm running ksp 1.7.3

also I did read the OP and the only reason I asked is because I launched a test vehicle just to see if the mod was working besides visuals and I was i space at 70km, however it took 5000m/s or so to circularise my orbit, is this how it's meant to be?

1 hour ago, Louis93 said:

also I did read the OP and the only reason I asked is because I launched a test vehicle just to see if the mod was working besides visuals and I was i space at 70km, however it took 5000m/s or so to circularise my orbit, is this how it's meant to be?

70 km is still well within Kerbin's atmosphere in JNSQ.  You need to get above 85 km.  And no, 5000 m/s circularization is certainly not how it's suppose to be.

In the JNSQ directory is a file titled CelestialBodies.pdf that contains all the new data for the reinvented JNSQ bodies, such as atmosphere height.  There is also a delta-v map, JNSQ_DV-01.png.

31 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

70 km is still well within Kerbin's atmosphere in JNSQ.  You need to get above 85 km.  And no, 5000 m/s circularization is certainly not how it's suppose to be.

In the JNSQ directory is a file titled CelestialBodies.pdf that contains all the new data for the reinvented JNSQ bodies, such as atmosphere height.  There is also a delta-v map, JNSQ_DV-01.png.

I guess that's why it took so much deltaV if I was circularising inside the atmosphere lol it's just that on the little atmosphere bar thing under your altitude at the top looked like I was in space