[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Spanish translator here: It's not my native language so I apologize for any mistakes I may have made! If anyone who's a native speaker or more fluent than I could fix my errors that would be amazing.

As for Team Galileo, thank you all for the great work you do! :D

Edited by Adstri

Omega's Structures is *required* in order to get extra bases/harbor, yeah?  It's sort of hinted at in the description, but not literally listed in the recommended or requirements. This caused some momentary confusion for me since I thought they were bundled. ;)

The scale of JNSQ is fantastic. I just spent my first few minutes flying around, then mistakenly sending a squad-stock-craft into sub-orbit w/o any heat shielding. Oops and Poof. Taking 10 minutes to get to the island airfield in a small jet suddenly makes sense.

A quick Q on the location of KSC -- I know it's basically the vanilla location with the world scaled up around it, but I can't help but feel it could be closer to the shore -- or maybe it just seems lonely because there aren't (yet) a bunch of nearby support structures and scatter? The harbor certainly helps.

Overall the experience is initially disorienting due to the scale, like trying on someone else's glasses, but dealing with a much bigger world is going to get me building much better planes and rockets. I can't wait!

Edited by Beetlecat

I just tried installing JNSQ for this first time and I'm getting this error message. Any recommendations?

"Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your saved game is NOT recommended, because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress.

Please Contact the planet pack author or the Kopernicus team about the issue and send them a valid bug report, including your KSP.log, your ModuleManager.configCache file and the folder Logs/Kopernicus/ from your KSP root Directory"

First off, congrats on all the hard work!

Bug report:  The oceans are fragmenting while I'm at a 100km orbit.  2nd screenshot is of my gamedata directory.  Link to my player.log folder (for 1.8, is this the only thing we need to give out?)

sJQxG4w.png6GbcgFE.png

With that said, time for some proper screenies:

q7N2zp5.png9H4Ewk2.pngnaQJ1Zg.png2G3D1eV.png

This purely me just enjoying the Mun texture and having fun with a ball :3

37 minutes ago, CNRocketry said:

I just tried installing JNSQ for this first time and I'm getting this error message. Any recommendations?

You've installed it incorrectly.  Not knowing what you did I can't help you anymore than that.

28 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Bug report:  The oceans are fragmenting while I'm at a 100km orbit.

That happens sometimes.  Might be a stock bug.  I recommend restarting KSP.

21 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Omega's Structures is *required* in order to get extra bases/harbor, yeah?

I'm also interested in answer to this question.

After adding JNSQ, Kerbal-Konstructs and Omega's Stockalike Structures to my build, game freezes and crashes occasionally at loading screen. I suspect Omega's Stockalike Structures, as it is the only one mod I've installed that is not officially listed as 1.8.1 compatibile (it's for 1.6.1).

It never crashed (yet) during the game tho, after loading finished succesfully.

24 minutes ago, falcoon said:

I'm also interested in answer to this question.

After adding JNSQ, Kerbal-Konstructs and Omega's Stockalike Structures to my build, game freezes and crashes occasionally at loading screen. I suspect Omega's Stockalike Structures, as it is the only one mod I've installed that is not officially listed as 1.8.1 compatibile (it's for 1.6.1).

It never crashed (yet) during the game tho, after loading finished succesfully.

I had a similiar issued. It just said Unity encountered a fatal Error and closed .

1 hour ago, falcoon said:

I'm not getting any info about Unity. It just freezes, and when I click a mouse button, it goes back to windows with usuall "app stopped working"

That is normal. Depending on your system specs, you could experience a longer wait time. At at certain point, while the game is loaded, clicking anywhere in the screen will cause that pop up. This happens in stock too. Just be patient and let the game load

37 minutes ago, Galileo said:

That is normal. Depending on your system specs, you could experience a longer wait time. At at certain point, while the game is loaded, clicking anywhere in the screen will cause that pop up. This happens in stock too. Just be patient and let the game load

I know what you are talking about. It's not that. Got decent system specs, r3600, rtx2060, fast ram and ssd nvme. Even with both expansions and 60+ mods, usuall loading time is ~200 sec, so I'd say it's ok.

When loading screen goes frozen, I can leave it even for 10 mins, and it is still... frozen :)

I will try deleting Kerbal Konstructs and Omega Structures 

Edited by falcoon

@OhioBob May I ask a question about your JNSQ dV map? If I assume aerobraking on the way back from Kerbin, and I want to get into low Duna orbit and then come back, would my total cost (after getting into LKO) be the 1855 for ejection, 1155 for insertion to Duna, and then 1155 for ejection back to Kerbin? For a total round trip of 4165? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Crixomix said:

@OhioBob May I ask a question about your JNSQ dV map? If I assume aerobraking on the way back from Kerbin, and I want to get into low Duna orbit and then come back, would my total cost (after getting into LKO) be the 1855 for ejection, 1155 for insertion to Duna, and then 1155 for ejection back to Kerbin? For a total round trip of 4165? Thanks.

Yep, that sounds right.  I didn't actually run any calculations for the return delta-v, but it's typically just the reverse of the numbers that it takes to get there.

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@EchoLima If by chance you're using KSC Extended, remove that and let us know how things change. For some reason, KSC Extended and JNSQ together somehow cause KK to break.

Thanks, but I don't have it installed (although its possible I used to have it and then removed it).

If I get problems again with KK in 1.8 I'll let you know.

Edited by EchoLima

Played this for a few hours last night career mode. JNSQ is great.

but today..

when go to continue save game,  the selection says "Save incompatible"  and "Save is incompatible with this version of KSP". If I confirm attempt load anyways, get error message stating "Unable to load the save:JNSQ"

Any ideas?