[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Quick question, I was working on some calculations using the parameters in the JNSQ Celestial bodies file.  I wanted to confirm what is meant by a day...for example, Moho has a Sidereal Rotation Period of 58.582 days.  Is this a Kerbin day (~12 hours) or real life day of 24 hours.

Again, thanks for a wonderful planet pack, you all did a wonderful job.  

This month I tried playing ksp again after a long time but I was not able to create an amusing career experience like the old times.

Then I installed this mod.

It has been a mind blowing experience. It can’t really be called a “mod” because it is much more than that. I am amazed by the details and quality of JNSQ. Installation was easy and I am playing it with a lot of other mods without any trouble.

Congratulations to everyone involved, this is really a piece of art.

18 hours ago, HawkEngineer said:

Quick question, I was working on some calculations using the parameters in the JNSQ Celestial bodies file.  I wanted to confirm what is meant by a day...for example, Moho has a Sidereal Rotation Period of 58.582 days.  Is this a Kerbin day (~12 hours) or real life day of 24 hours.

Again, thanks for a wonderful planet pack, you all did a wonderful job.  

I'm pretty sure the standard measurement is the 12hr Kerbin day. It makes no sense to measure otherwise, as far as I see it.

3 hours ago, kerbonara said:

This month I tried playing ksp again after a long time but I was not able to create an amusing career experience like the old times.

Then I installed this mod.

It has been a mind blowing experience. It can’t really be called a “mod” because it is much more than that. I am amazed by the details and quality of JNSQ. Installation was easy and I am playing it with a lot of other mods without any trouble.

Congratulations to everyone involved, this is really a piece of art.

:D Aaaand this is why it was named JNSQ. Your praise is fully appreciated.

On 2/16/2020 at 6:53 AM, HawkEngineer said:

Days are Kerbin days of exactly 12 hours.  Years are Kerbin years of exactly 365 12-hour days.

This is an excellent planet pack! I like the way that it has merged the realism and detail of GPP with the stock KSP system and increased the scale to fit the rockets. My only question is if you guys have considered making an even larger scale option for those of us who would like to play on a close to real life scale system while still using these beautiful planets? 

53 minutes ago, Qarisma said:

This is an excellent planet pack! I like the way that it has merged the realism and detail of GPP with the stock KSP system and increased the scale to fit the rockets. My only question is if you guys have considered making an even larger scale option for those of us who would like to play on a close to real life scale system while still using these beautiful planets? 

i know sigma dimensions used to work with GPP because I remember playing a bunch of it in 10x with SMURFF

@eberkain

I figured it might work still with this, but the author recommends that you don't. Also because the planets in JNSQ are larger, I'm not sure that using any of rescale's default scales will give me a roughly earth-sized Kebin and I really want to have even 24 hour days on Kerbin. Rescale also introduces some weird bugs at larger sizes and doesnt really play well with scatterer.

7 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Days are Kerbin days of exactly 12 hours.  Years are Kerbin years of exactly 365 12-hour days.

Thanks for the confirmation, I assumed it was based on Kerbin day but it is always good to get verification.

Thanks for the work on a wonderful planet pack and I appreciate the extra documentation that is provided.

12 hours ago, Qarisma said:

My only question is if you guys have considered making an even larger scale option for those of us who would like to play on a close to real life scale system while still using these beautiful planets? 

We're planning to release a 4x config for Sigma Dimensions that will make JNSQ real scale.  So far we've only briefly experimented with it, and very little debugging has been done.  I'll share the config with you, but bear in mind that this is unofficial, and therefore unsupported.  Use at your own risk.

Spoiler

@SigmaDimensions
{
    // Base Settings

@Resize = 4
    @Rescale = 4
    @Atmosphere = 1.25
    @dayLengthMultiplier = 2

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.7
    @geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 1
    @resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
    @CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
    @tempASL = 1
    @atmoTopLayer = 1.2
    @atmoVisualEffect = 1.2

@scanAltitude = 1.5
}

@EVE_CLOUDS:FINAL
{
    @OBJECT,*
    {
        @altitude *= 0.62
    }
}

@Kopernicus:LAST[JNSQ]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
    @Body,*
    {
        @ScaledVersion
        {
            @fadeStart *= 2.5
            @fadeEnd *= 2.5
        }
        @PQS
        {
            @fadeStart *= 2.5
            @fadeEnd *= 2.5
            @deactivateAltitude *= 2.5
        }
    }
}

Edited by OhioBob

@Galileo

Hi

I'm trying to install this side by side with OPM and another planet pack via CKAN, but it shows conflicts, it also has conflicts with Astronomer's visual pack, is there any ways to have the two planet packs side by side this and if it's possible, the astronomer pack?

39 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

astronomer pack?

You will need to perform your own surgery and cfg manipulation. Astronomers is not supported by us. Astronomers is built around stock scale. JNSQ is 1/4 real scale. Cloud altitude will be an issue. Also, we made changes to the stock bodies where astronomers will not make sense.

jnsq comes prepackaged with its own visuals and essentially it’s own OPM and it wouldn’t match the same aesthetic anyway.

Edited by Galileo

18 minutes ago, Qarisma said:

@OhioBob This is incredible! I am glad I asked. Thanks for the quick response too. I'll report back any issues I have with this if that might help you guys in any way.

Oh, there will be problems. Monoliths will be buried or floating, anomalies probably won’t be in the position, and things like that. Everything else should be fine.

So, I think I need some help. I can't seem to get the added buildings, harbours and space centers to show up. KK and OSSNTR are the latest version (unless they've been recently updated), I don't have KSC extended (tip from JadeofMaar), nor Tundra space industries. There does seem to be a config in NFE for something called Tundra, don't know if that's it. Attempted removing KS3P, no joy. What am I missing (or inadvertently adding)?

Output log and save here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/caqhmj5flxo6g78/AACS7G2BKSnwuUbFCNGS1sAMa?dl=0

Many thanks

Edit: Realised I have CTTP for some reason. Trying without it

Edited by Therese
Added info/testing

1 hour ago, Qarisma said:

@OhioBob This is incredible! I am glad I asked. Thanks for the quick response too. I'll report back any issues I have with this if that might help you guys in any way.

In addition to what Galileo said, some of the settings are placeholders.  Once we have the chance to inspect things more closely, we might decide to change things.  If you are in the middle of a save, there's no telling what affect changing something like the landscape multiplier might have on landers, bases, etc.

8 hours ago, Therese said:

I don't have KSCextended. Searching for it gamedata reveals zilch :(

You have to install Omega Stockalike Structures and Kerbal Konstructs alongside JNSQ for the new bases to appear.

Maybe the front post could add it to the "Provided Compatibility," rather than the "Notes" section, to make this more clear. 

Edited by Tiberius

Hello everyone, and especially JNSQ team!

I just want to thank you for your great work. I haven't followed development of planet packs and overhauls, preferring stock solar system with beautification and lots of gameplay/limited realism mods and parts packs.

Eventually I became rescale player (x6.4 with SMURFF 0,5 setting for feasibility of stock parts) and now I really don't want go back to stock scale. However 6.4 rescale caused problems with quite dull terrain (too flat or too huge mountains, etc.), expansion additional facilities floating in the air, some weird glitches with scatterer, problems with KK Kerbin Side, overstretched terrain textures...

And .... now I realised that perfect rescaled planet pack exists. It is JNSQ ! I'm quite inspired to go back to play KSP. I had a real problem with classic modded KSP gamer cycle of pain:

1) start a game with 1.3 version + 100 mods.

2) play for some time

3) 1.3.1 drops. just coping over gamedata makes numerous glitches -> gettin tired of troubleshooting ->next update drops -> decide to wait for next major release -> continue to play 1.3

4) repeat step 3 several times, drop the game completely.

Now JNSQ is giving me opportunity and reason to start all over, having almost everything in 1 neat package. Just  throw Kerbalism, Restock/+, SCANSat, Dmagic Orbital Science, Research bodies and Tarsier in the mix and stop my modding creep urges

(and then may be B9/OPT, Airplanes Plus, Interstellar and Deep Freeze):blush:

By the way, what do you think of 1.9 Kerbin overhaul and ultra shader?

Edited by evileye.x

@Galileo @OhioBob

Yea the raw rescale lead to quite a few glitches. Nothing game-breaking actually but a few immersion breaking visual glitches, especially at low orbital altitudes. I've decided to play on the intended size and I have been having more fun than ever before. the 2.7x size is perfectly challenging for stock engines and the planets look amazing. The scatterer and eve configs are perfect right out of the box. This entire pack is exceptionally well made.

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You have to install Omega Stockalike Structures and Kerbal Konstructs alongside JNSQ for the new bases to appear.

Maybe the front post could add it to the "Provided Compatibility," rather than the "Notes" section, to make this more clear. 

yeah it took me re-reading the op a couple times to notice that I had to install the omega stockalike structures mod.