[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

48 minutes ago, BarnabeLEPD said:

You should use the mod Transfer Window Planner, it is compatible with JNSQ and much more useful than this IMO.

I agree.  The phase angles don't change much if both planets have nearly circular orbits.  But if one or both are significantly eccentric, the ideal phase angle can change quite a bit from one launch window to the next.  There's no one right answer as the chart seems to imply.

My apologies for this. I know the answer is around here somewhere because I had this problem some months back with the 1.7.3 version, but I can't seem to figure out how I resolved it then. When I load JNSQ, my KSC is not located at the right place. It's on an island kinda hanging half off of it. As I said, I remember this problem before and it seems like it was a mod conflict, but I've removed KK and KSCExtended, which was where I thought the conflict was, but it didn't help. Anyone point me in the right direction?

[EDIT] I'm running 1.8.1, btw.

[EDIT 2] Found the conflict. KSC Switcher, which I don't remember installing and doesn't appear to be a dependency for anything else. No idea why it was there or how it installed, but removing it solved the issue.

Edited by kananesgi

I'm not dead yet!

Sorry I've been away for so long. Springtime sucks for computing. But after spring cleaning and a lot of personal IT work, it's time to resume things. Not ready to go to Jool quite yet, but almost!

Spoiler

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Putting in spoiler for benefit of mobile users

On 2/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, DeadJohn said:

I'm using the Community Tech Tree and getting a round-trip crewed mission to Mun was a fun challenge in 2.7x scale.

How's the compatibility between the CTT and the JNSQ?  I would really like to try this modpack, and I would love to also integrate the community tech tree into the install.  One thing I'm worried about is that the CTT already introduces a bunch of it's own resources  This varies depending on the kind of life support mod you introduce.  I like to use USI Life Support.  And this mod-pack also seems to have it's own resources.  Do they play well together?

4 hours ago, PTNLemay said:

How's the compatibility between the CTT and the JNSQ?  I would really like to try this modpack, and I would love to also integrate the community tech tree into the install.  One thing I'm worried about is that the CTT already introduces a bunch of it's own resources  This varies depending on the kind of life support mod you introduce.  I like to use USI Life Support.  And this mod-pack also seems to have it's own resources.  Do they play well together?

I don't recall any problems ever caused by CTT with JNSQ. Compatibility is good.

Sorry but I can't offer much with respect to life support and resources. I've dabbled in some life support but never got serious with that and now I only use stock ore. JNSQ doesn't add resources as far as I know, it just adjusts the concentrations of the resources that other mods provide.

@DeadJohn

Oh?  I thought it was so because on the second post of the thread it's mentioned that the install includes a resource pack.  So this resource pack is optional?

On 5/30/2019 at 2:00 PM, OhioBob said:

Mentioned in this thread's OP and included in the download is this other brand new mod.

RRlogo.png

Edited by PTNLemay

15 minutes ago, PTNLemay said:

So this resource pack is optional?

Yes, Rational Resources is optional.  Without it you just get randomly placed resources without any regard to the type of celestial body.  Rational Resources does things in a more realistic way as each body is classified by type, with resources in abundances appropriate for the type.

Edited by OhioBob

Descending through the clouds on Eve:

m6LLPNh.png

A8cj6cX.png

Its a shame that volumetric clouds are so power hungry. I tried tweaking the settings to cover more area so its not so isolated when you get within the render distance, but it just froze my computer up.

1 hour ago, PTNLemay said:

Oh right, I just got a good look at the resources mentioned.  These are the same ones as those used in CTT.  I think.  So that should be fine.  

Thanks for the prompt replies.

You mean to say CRP (Community Resource Pack), not CTT (Community Tech Tree).

The CRP is just a library by which the resources are defined. Without it they don't exist. Rational Resources only controls how the resources are placed. The CTT is a tech tree mod, nothing more, and the most popular of all the tech tree mods out there.

2 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

I've dabbled in some life support but never got serious with that and now I only use stock ore. JNSQ doesn't add resources as far as I know, it just adjusts the concentrations of the resources that other mods provide.

7 hours ago, PTNLemay said:

This varies depending on the kind of life support mod you introduce.  I like to use USI Life Support.  And this mod-pack also seems to have it's own resources.  Do they play well together?

Rational Resources plays very well with life support mods and planet packs. Its purpose is in part to bring these two closer together, and is most noticeable with Kerbalism. The same cannot be said with MKS, however. It removes Dirt, Karbonite and Karborundum.

10 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Speaking of volumetric clouds, what do I have to do to disable them entirely? I like playing with EVE, but it gets too resource-intensive sometimes.

Try this. Save it as a config file anywhere in GameData. I would test it right now but my CPU is busy and I've deleted all my installs that had EVE installed.

@EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		!layerVolume {}
	}
}

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Try this. Save it as a config file anywhere in GameData. I would test it right now but my CPU is busy and I've deleted all my installs that had EVE installed.

@EVE_CLOUDS:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		!layerVolume {}
	}
}

Thanks, will try out when I can.

On 4/1/2020 at 3:14 PM, OhioBob said:

Because stuff in real life doesn't look like stock.

Depends.  I'm not sure how modified the Himawari-8 footage is, but I think that it's the closest we can get to looking out the window from a space station in high orbit.  https://himawari8.nict.go.jp/

The colors are muted yes, but just look how blue the oceans look. 

EDIT:
I retract my earlier statement.  I got Scatterer and EVE to work with my install.  And I'm not sure which one is doing the heavy lifting (or if it's just all of them working together) but... It's really not bad.  Not too grey, not too colorful.  Looks great.

Edited by PTNLemay

I have a problem that I think it caused by JNSQ. I can't deploy Goo experiment on the surface of mimus, it said experiment is not on planet surface while it clearly on the ground all other experiments are deployed normally. I didn't try it on other body yet.

Edited by derega16

6 hours ago, derega16 said:

I have a problem that I think it caused by JNSQ. I can't deploy Goo experiment on the surface of mimus, it said experiment is not on planet surface while it clearly on the ground all other experiments are deployed normally. I didn't try it on other body yet.

Since the normal goo experiment doesn't care whether it's on the surface or not (and I can't see anywhere JNSQ modifies that) it sounds like you've got an interaction with some other mod.

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Since the normal goo experiment doesn't care whether it's on the surface or not (and I can't see anywhere JNSQ modifies that) it sounds like you've got an interaction with some other mod.

I mean breaking ground DLC one

On 6/5/2020 at 5:21 PM, moguy16 said:

why is everything blue?

This was the behaviour I tried to describe a few posts ago. Haven't seen an example for some time before now. I think this is Scatterer but am not certain.

Also:

JNSQ Exploration Part 12: The Jolly Green Giant:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

This was the behaviour I tried to describe a few posts ago. Haven't seen an example for some time before now. I think this is Scatterer but am not certain.

Also:

JNSQ Exploration Part 12: The Jolly Green Giant:

Reveal hidden contents

i fixed it by deleting settings.cfg