[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

12 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Where did you find that?

78 entries total in my log.

Only found amongst JNSQ entries during the model loading phase.

It may not be JNSQ, but I've got nowhere else to start.

Here's the relevant section ...

Spoiler

[LOG 12:34:00.066] Load(Model): JDSA/MOISTUWT/ConningTowerProbe/ConningTowerProbe
[LOG 12:34:00.079] Load(Model): JDSA/MOISTUWT/MOISTLQIntake/LiquidIntake
[ERR 12:34:00.087] Texture 'JDSA/MOISTUWT/MOISTLQIntake/AircraftCarrierPlate1' not found!

[ERR 12:34:00.093] Texture 'JDSA/MOISTUWT/MOISTLQIntake/AircraftCarrierPlate1' not found!

[LOG 12:34:00.096] Load(Model): JDSA/MOISTUWT/MOISTWaterRCS/UnderwaterRCS
[LOG 12:34:00.106] Load(Model): JDSA/MOISTUWT/WaterJets/WaterJetVI
[LOG 12:34:00.122] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Arch/Arch
[LOG 12:34:00.136] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Hangar/hangar
[LOG 12:34:00.149] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Jebs/JebsShop
[ERR 12:34:00.157] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be coplanar.

[ERR 12:34:00.157] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be coplanar.

[ERR 12:34:00.158] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be coplanar.

[ERR 12:34:00.164] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be coplanar.

[ERR 12:34:00.165] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be coplanar.

[ERR 12:34:00.165] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be coplanar.

[LOG 12:34:00.170] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Kraken/RedKraken
[LOG 12:34:00.197] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/LandingPad/LandingPad
[LOG 12:34:00.208] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Lighthouse/lighthouse_kk
[ERR 12:34:00.215] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be coplanar.

... 68 duplicate entries later ...

[ERR 12:34:00.268] [Physics.PhysX] QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be coplanar.

[LOG 12:34:00.272] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/NaraAnomaly/NaraAnom
[LOG 12:34:00.310] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/NaraAnomaly/NaraAnom_scatter
[LOG 12:34:00.349] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/PalmTree/palms
[LOG 12:34:00.384] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/Pier/Pier
[LOG 12:34:00.484] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/VallRocks/VallRock1
[LOG 12:34:00.507] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/VallRocks/VallRock2
[LOG 12:34:00.531] Load(Model): JNSQ/Meshes/VallRocks/VallRock3

I can post the entire log if needed, but this is the only point in the load process that this occurs.

27 minutes ago, JocMeister said:

According to the JNSQ homepage there is supposedly a way to use the real names instead of the Kerbalised ones.

"If this is all too much for you, there is a Real Names MM patch in BDB Options folder."

Could anyone provide me with some more detail about this? I can´t even find the options folder and google has failed me.  :)

I don't know if that comment even has anything to do with JNSQ.  BDB is "Bluedog Design Bureau".

I have some terrain issues. I have no idea where to start but since I'm using JNSQ, thought I'd start here. Anyone know what I can do about the glitches shown below?

Spoiler

Just to leave nothing to the imagination ... the issues I'm specifically wondering about are the light green square patches, and the integrated circuit board grass pattern. There are other glitches too but maybe if I fix one ...

EDIT:  Added another image ... taken literally minutes later after reverting flight, messing with something on the rocket, and launching again. Also added mods list.

DSRZnHQ.jpg

yxQz6if.jpg

YFdxSYM.png

edit: this is 1.8.1

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
added pic to show randofactomatic

5 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have some terrain issues. I have no idea where to start but since I'm using JNSQ, thought I'd start here. Anyone know what I can do about the glitches shown below?

Hide contents

Just to leave nothing to the imagination ... the issues I'm specifically wondering about are the light green square patches, and the integrated circuit board grass pattern. There are other glitches too but maybe if I fix one ...

DSRZnHQ.jpg

No idea.  It'd have to be something that tiles terrain ... citylights?

KSP.log would be good.

12 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Reveal hidden contents

EDIT:  Added another image ... taken literally minutes later after reverting flight, messing with something on the rocket, and launching again. Also added mods list.

DSRZnHQ.jpg

yxQz6if.jpg

YFdxSYM.png

I believe this happens when you leave Kerbin's sphere of influence. Some other planet packs also have this issue.

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

I believe this happens when you leave Kerbin's sphere of influence. Some other planet packs also have this issue.

Not quite sure I follow you ... those pictures were taken on Kerbin.

Edit: However, one thing you're right about ... it happens in other packs. Here's GPP (little dark but you can see the farmland squares): So now I'm checking out what's common between these installs.

Spoiler

8H2BVLN.jpg

Edit: It seems to be a problem when there's a scene change. On Gael, everything was fine until going back to the space center a few times, and then Gael textures were klonked, too - after having been fine at first. 

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

24 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Not quite sure I follow you ... those pictures were taken on Kerbin.

Edit: However, one thing you're right about ... it happens in other packs. Here's GPP (little dark but you can see the farmland squares): So now I'm checking out what's common between these installs.

Hide contents

8H2BVLN.jpg

Edit: It seems to be a problem when there's a scene change. On Gael, everything was fine until going back to the space center a few times, and then Gael textures were klonked, too - after having been fine at first. 

Maybe that's it, whenever there's multiple scene changes it tends to happen. I don't think this is even a bug, given that it also happens in stock. Certainly more noticeable in JNSQ for some reason.

Hmm, if it's the same thing in stock then I'm not sure what to think about my most recent test results ... I removed a beloved mod (it's in all my installs) that has everything to do with scene changes, and suddenly I'm not seeing it any more. In any event, it's not my JNSQ installation, so no need to drag this out here. I'll do some more testing and take this over to the mod forum if I can narrow it down enough.

@OrbitalManeuvers, @alberro+, I believe the problem with the terrain squares is likely a stock bug.  It started appearing when KSP introduced the new shaders.  The only way I've found to fix it (albeit only temporarily) is to restart KSP.

This is only anecdotal, but it appears to me that the problem is much worse on larger celestial bodies than on small ones.  And since JNSQ is about 2.7x stock, the problem is much more prevalent in JNSQ than in other planet packs.

2 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

@OrbitalManeuvers, @alberro+, I believe the problem with the terrain squares is likely a stock bug.  It started appearing when KSP introduced the new shaders.  The only way I've found to fix it (albeit only temporarily) is to restart KSP.

This is only anecdotal, but it appears to me that the problem is much worse on larger celestial bodies than on small ones.  And since JNSQ is about 2.7x stock, the problem is much more prevalent in JNSQ than in other planet packs.

Very interesting observations. For sure scene changes have something to do with this, because I can see differences in the terrain textures between visits to the space center. It's entirely possible that the mod I removed was an innocent victim of timing or happenstance, but I did have immediate positive results in JNSQ, with that being the only mod I removed. Of course if it's a problem in the base game then I'm just seeing coincidences, which happens all the time with debugging, so that's definitely possible. I have two JNSQ installs - one for BDB/et all, and one for NF/et all. I've removed this mod from one but not the other ... so I'll have better info soon, hopefully.

23 minutes ago, Voyager1Fan5213 said:

Whenever I land on eve, there is a single hexagonal cloud in the sky... I have no idea why this is happening. Can someone help? 

Something like this?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:PIA20513_-_Basking_in_Light.jpg

(Really stupid that won't insert.)

Edited by TranceaddicT

39 minutes ago, Voyager1Fan5213 said:

Not like that. I think its a visual bug

Setup an Imgur account.

I'm assuming that is descent lighting, yeah? 

You are referring to the ghost lines, yeah?

I think, that's just shading and reflection making it appear that way.

IOW, it's not a bug, it's a feature. :sticktongue:

23 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

Setup an Imgur account.

I'm assuming that is descent lighting, yeah? 

You are referring to the ghost lines, yeah?

I think, that's just shading and reflection making it appear that way.

IOW, it's not a bug, it's a feature. :sticktongue:

Oh haha. It was the only cloud in the sky (Other than the cloud layer) and it just followed me around. Thought it was a glitch lol.

I might just suck at optimal DV for stuff... but just to check, is the DeltaV chart still accurate? In particular the one for ascent from Kerbin? It says 4900, but I have a launcher that has close to 6k (depending on atmo) and I'm a few hundred short. I've tried launching several times using different ascent profiles and while I have improved a bit, I'm still not at 4900 (or even close). Maybe I'm wasting a lot on drag?

1 hour ago, Nori said:

I might just suck at optimal DV for stuff... but just to check, is the DeltaV chart still accurate? In particular the one for ascent from Kerbin? It says 4900, but I have a launcher that has close to 6k (depending on atmo) and I'm a few hundred short. I've tried launching several times using different ascent profiles and while I have improved a bit, I'm still not at 4900 (or even close). Maybe I'm wasting a lot on drag?

That depends on the LaunchVehicle parameters ... payload mass, LV mass/stage ...

Are you sure you not trying to lift too large a payload?

Upload a .craft file to a fileservice and share it.

If you are close to 6000, you should be going ballistic.

Edited by TranceaddicT

23 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

That depends on the LaunchVehicle parameters ... payload mass, LV mass/stage ...

Are you sure you not trying to lift too large a payload?

Upload a .craft file to a fileservice and share it.

If you are close to 6000, you should be going ballistic.

For this rocket I'd probably have to upload more than a single craft file. I have a extensive mod list and a few custom tweaks. 

In atmo it says 5700dv and in vacuum its 6496dv. I tweaked it abit since my post and my last test launch did in fact make a 90km orbit, but yeah.. I tried going 5 degrees tilt right away and kept leaning more and more and went straight horizontal when my AP hit about 80km.

I suspect my not overly aerodynamic rocket combined with a irritating TWR range is at fault. I think I may be losing a lot of DV to drag. I would design differently, but... I don't have the parts. Maybe i should skip using the Hangar for this and try a fairing instead for the whole top.

~edit: what do you mean by "going ballistic"?

QoNHEXt.png

Edited by Nori

Well, all the orbital parameters have not changed and the CelestialBodies.pdf included is accurate.  I've verified this using KSPTOT.

Kerbin's Escape velocity is 5,602 m/s.  So, anything approaching 6K is hitting that mark. (leaving the SOI.)  I shouldn't have used ballistic; I meant hyperbolic.

So, here's what you do.

1. remove everything but the payload and save the payload as a new craft.

2. put the payload on the launch pad

3. RALT + RSHFT + F12 (windows)

4. set SMA to >=127125 (minimum safe orbit) +1600000 = 1727125

5. check NavBall orbital speed (Make sure it says 'Orb', if not click once to change.)

That is your orbital dV & add ~1200-1300 for launch (ideal.)

I see a SIGNIFICANT different between what KER and KSP are reporting for dV.

dV KER KSP
s1 2472 1931
s2 3246 2532
Total 5718

It looks as though KER is reporting vacuum for the entire rocket when you should be (at least) using atmospheric values for the first stage and 1/2 of the second.  I'd trust the KSP values more.

Then there is the issue of aerodynamic losses.  That bulk in the middle is causing is going to decrease your efficiency significantly.  I'd generously grant you 3900-4000dV out of that based on KSP numbers.

TWR is not your worry.  That's fine.  I think Saturn was closer to 2.

Edited by TranceaddicT
dumb math