[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

14 hours ago, CDSlice said:

Would you mind sharing those TUFX configs? I've been trying to find a good looking set and your's look fantastic.

I'm still tweaking them and trying to get a solid setup of 5-6 different configurations for different situations. Once i've got that down i'll send them over or possibly create a thread. Originally I used Zorg's but I wanted to branch off a bit. :D

On 8/24/2020 at 3:24 AM, ble210 said:

I'm curious if anyone has played this on 1.10 yet (with 1.10 bleeding edge Kopernicus).  If so, do comets spawn correctly?

I try, but as soon as the Space Center is loaded (starting a new game), the game borks.

The horizon is tilted 90° and that was it - no more response.

No exceptions to the logs, nothing suspicious, just stops logging at all.

Much earlier there are the typical ContractConfigurator issues, that have always been for years, no matter which version used and which contract packs used.

I was hopefully coming back from hiatus yesterday and again I fell on my nose.

Thing is, @R-T-B said he successfully made KSP 1.10.1 work with Kopernicus and JNSQ here:

I don't know how to proceed.

Edit:

I switched to KSP 1.9.1 and now it's working

Edited by Gordon Dry

I'm using JSNQ and Kopernicus BE Release 27 in KSP 1.10.1 and it's working just fine. If you are interested, this (in the spoiler) is the list of mods I'm currently using. All I had to do is delete the MiniAVC.dlls (they cause a freeze and I'm too lazy to debug/search for the cause and/or fix, I don't use it anyway) and the CommandCenterDome in WarpPlugin\Parts\Command (the FNHabitat-module for Kerbalism is causing some weird freeze. I could also just delete the module, but than the part would be less useful, so I went for the mighty eraser).

Spoiler

AVP.v.4.05.zip
B9PartSwitch_v2.17.0.zip
BetterSRBs_1.2.3.zip
Click_Through_Blocker-0.1.10.11.zip
CommNetAntennasInfo-v3.0.2.zip
CommunityTechTree_3_4_2.zip
Community_Resource_Pack-1.3.0.0.zip
ContractConfigurator_1.30.2.zip
Cryogenic_Engines-1.1.4.zip
Docking_Port_Alignment_Indicator-6.9.1.zip
Duna_Direct-1.10.1.zip
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.10.1-1.zip
ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads_v6.8.1.zip
FilterExtension-1.8.0-3.2.5.zip
Fuji-1.1.zip
HangerExtender-3.6.0.zip
HopperGuidance-v0.2.3.zip
HyperEdit-1.5.8_for-KSP-1.4.4.zip
JNSQ.0.9.0.zip
JX2Antenna-2.0.5.zip
Kerbal-Konstructs-1.8.1.15.zip
Kerbalism-Config_v3.11_for_KSP1.5.0-1.10.9.zip
Kerbalism-Core_v3.11_for_KSP1.5.0-1.10.9.zip
KerbalismKompanionKalkulator-v1.1.0.zip
Kerbal_Alarm_Clock-3.13.0.0.zip
Kerbal_Attachment_System_KAS-1.7.zip
Kerbal_Inventory_System_KIS-1.26.zip
Kerbal_Planetary_Base_Systems-1.6.12.zip
Kerbal_Reusability_Expansion-2.8.6.zip
KittopiaTech-UBE1.zip
KopernicusBE_1101_Release27.zip
KSPIE+1.25.25+for+KSP+1.8.1.zip
Lithobrake_Exploration_Technologies-0.4.zip
Magpie_Mods-1.5.8.zip
Mark_IV_Spaceplane_System-3.1.2.zip
MechJeb2-2.11.0.0.zip
ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
Near_Future_Aeronautics-2.0.0.zip
Near_Future_Exploration-1.0.10.zip
Near_Future_Launch_Vehicles-2.0.3.zip
Near_Future_Solar-1.2.3.zip
Near_Future_Spacecraft-1.3.3.zip
Omegas_Stockalike_Structures_No_Textures_Required-0.0.12.zip
OPT_Reconfig.zip
OPT_Spaceplane_Continued-2.1.zip
Persistent+Thrust+1.7.5.zip
PlanetShine.zip
Poods_Milky_Way_Skybox-v.1.3.0.zip
PreciseNode-1.8.0-1.2.11.1.zip
RasterPropMonitor-v0.31.4.zip
RationalResources-1.10.0.zip
RationalResources_Extras.zip
RCS_Build_Aid_Continued-0.10.0.zip
SCANsat-v20.4.zip
scatterer-0.0632.zip
Sigma-Replacements_Textures.v0.4.0.zip
SpaceTuxLibrary-1.8.0-0.0.3.9.zip
SpaceX_Launch_Vehicles-6.4.zip
Stockalike_Station_Parts_Expansion_Redux-1.3.6.zip
TextureReplacer-4.2.2.zip
TexturesUnlimited-1.5.10.25.zip
ToolbarControl-1.8.0-0.1.9.4.zip
Trajectories-2.3.4.zip
TUFX-1.0.2.3.zip

Edited by caipi

@caipi, is there any particular reason you have KittopiaTech installed?  That's tool used by part modders that serves no purpose whatsoever for the general KSP user.  Unless you are actually using it, I don't recommend having it installed.  It's been know to mess some stuff up on occasions.

12 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I try, but as soon as the Space Center is loaded (starting a new game), the game borks.

Much earlier there are the typical ContractConfigurator issues, that have always been for years, no matter which version used and which contract packs used.

Thing is, @R-T-B said he successfully made KSP 1.10.1 work with Kopernicus and JNSQ here:

Edit:

I did the same for a quick test.  Start clean, install KOP & JNSQ, then go from there.

20 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Edit:

You have to have exactly same version of Kopernicus what your game is & there is two different versions to download Bleeding Edge branch of Kopernicus. One for both game versions, 1.9.1 and 1.10. :) Kopernicus is version locked, this sometimes confuses players (me included).

38 minutes ago, KPD87 said:

You have to have exactly same version of Kopernicus what your game is & there is two different versions to download Bleeding Edge branch of Kopernicus. One for both game versions, 1.9.1 and 1.10. :) Kopernicus is version locked, this sometimes confuses players (me included).

I know. That was not the issue.

I have been working on a pretty nice tool to find flybys in KSP/JSNQ and I'm finally getting to the in-game application stage with my JNSQ caveman evolved mission to Edna.

Here is all the best gravity assists found from Kerbin to Edna with 2 to 3 grav assists on the way, for a launch window between day 750 and 950. ToF is color coded.

Spoiler

8bjcdzs.png

It's not release ready material, but it's getting there. JNSQ is perfect for this stuff with the high DV costs.

2 hours ago, Muetdhiver said:

I have been working on a pretty nice tool to find flybys in KSP/JSNQ and I'm finally getting to the in-game application stage with my JNSQ caveman evolved mission to Edna.

Here is all the best gravity assists found from Kerbin to Edna with 2 to 3 grav assists on the way, for a launch window between day 750 and 950. ToF is color coded.

Hide contents

8bjcdzs.png

It's not release ready material, but it's getting there. JNSQ is perfect for this stuff with the high DV costs.

You better make a lot of noise with your release because ...

I

WANT 

THIS

Do you have a GitHub repository we can follow?

Hey all, I just tried for the first time with this mod to land a spaceplane. I was testing a sub-orbital maneuver and was going about 2800m/s. Unfortunately, there was no way to bring it back down without it exploding from overheating. Most of the parts were Mk2 plane pieces and I tried many angles of attack...

Anyway, I'm posting this because I'm wondering if either A) anyone has tips on this and B) do part max temps need to be raised in certain circumstances to reflect the higher orbital speeds or am I looking at this wrong?

So yesterday I was doing some timewarping during an interplanetary transfer. There was some stutter involved so I started keeping an eye on the console log, when I noticed this little entry:

[F: 190735]: Vessel Ast. EFV-419 crashed through terrain on Kerbin.

As far as I can tell Kerbalkind has avoided going the way of the dinosaur and I can't find any new holes in Kerbin either. But clearly this is a dangerous place!

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@Nori JNSQ is more aggressive with shock heating. Effectively it has Deadly Re-Entry baked in. Consider carrying fuel or more wing, whichever helps your entry slope to be less steep or helps you to stay higher for longer while slowing down.

Uhhhh, so we probably shouldn't have DR installed?