[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

6 hours ago, antilochus said:

Have you tested this in stock (aero? system?)

If anything I'd say stock aerodynamics would be a lot more forgiving than flying this in FAR would be. When I've built FAR space planes using stock jet engines, I always need twice the jet fuel if I'm either flying in stock aero, or in FAR aero with Advanced Jet Engine installed - AJE seems to be the equalizer to FAR's aerodynamics if you wanted to be closer to stock aero plus stock jets.

In the stock KSP system, I suspect this thing could go to Minmus and back.

Has anyone tried using JNSQ with galaxies unbound? Each works fine on it's own, but the game stalls and won't load the main menu when both are installed. I'm working with 1.11 and a clean install, other than EVE and scatterer.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kwebib said:

@linuxgurugamer I play JNSQ, but can't recall. Is the last day of Year 1 Day 364 or Day 365? The JNSQ Kerbin years are 365 days, but maybe it starts the count from 0.

Last day was day 365.  It's a bug, but since this is JNSQ, which uses Kopernicus, which uses Kronometer, the real question is where the bug is.  My money is on Kronometer, but I'll let the people who know better figure it out.

It's pretty easy to replicate, just open a JNSQ save file  and change the UT time in the FLIGHTSTATE stanza to  just a bit short of 1 year,  a good value is: 15767990  which is (if I got my math right) 1 minute before the end of the year

Edited by linuxgurugamer

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Anybody know about this problem:  After the first year, the calender rolls over into Y2 D00 instead of Y2 D01, see this picture:

Yes, I have noticed that bug, and I'm pretty sure it's Kronometer.  There were some issues with leap years in Kronometer that @Sigma88fixed a year ago, but in the process I believe this bug crept in.  Sigma88 just fixed another Kronometer problem dealing with months, which hasn't been released yet.  This is probably a good time to review the problem that you point out and try to get it fixed for the upcoming release.

Edited by OhioBob

13 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Yes, I have noticed that bug, and I'm pretty sure it's Kronometer.  There were some issues with leap years in Kronometer that @Sigma88fixed a year ago, but in the process I believe this bug crept in.  Sigma88 just fixed another Kronometer problem dealing with months, which hasn't been released yet.  This is probably a good time to review the problem that you point out and try to get it fixed for the upcoming release.

You will contact him?  I did open a ticket on the Kronometer repo on Github, let me know if anything else is needed.

@linuxgurugamer @OhioBob @Kwebib

Day 0 is not necessarily a bug, there are 2 different ways leap years are handled and one of the two uses a day zero while the other doesn't

depending on the kronometer settings it can be that you are using the first mode, or it could also be a bug, I would need more info about the system

to give you an idea of how it should work, these are the values of "year / day" you would expect from a system with a 10h year and a 3h day:

rGpv6yE.png

9 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Day 0 is not necessarily a bug, there are 2 different ways leap years are handled and one of the two uses a day zero while the other doesn't

depending on the kronometer settings it can be that you are using the first mode, or it could also be a bug, I would need more info about the system

JNSQ only changes useHomeDay and useHomeYear from false to true.  Everything else are the default settings, so useLeapYears = false.

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Anybody know about this problem:  After the first year, the calender rolls over into Y2 D00 instead of Y2 D01

Sigma88 is looking into the issue, but in the meantime the following patch appears to fix the problem in JNSQ:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[JNSQ]
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@semiMajorAxis += 0.0001
		}
	}
}

Edited by OhioBob

I don't have any examples to prove what I'm raving on about here because I zipped up my KSP folder to focus on my coursework, but is it just me or does the Scatterer sunflare in the JNSQ config fade out too early? There's barely anything visible during sunrises at the KSC, and in low Kerbin orbit it seems to fade out entirely (and the light goes from white to orange to black) before the disc of the sun has touched the horizon or the visible sunset colours of the atmosphere?

If this is an actual bug, not a common experience, and I need proper materials to report it with, I'll get back to you over Spring Break. But if this is a common experience, why is it this way, and are there any plans to change it?

18 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Presently no plans to do so.  That may change someday but no guarantees.

Okay, really hope it does this is my favourite planet pack and it feels weird to play the normal one lol but last question, will there ever be RVE64K-alike clouds? and will the Jool clouds be updated? not a fan of them

38 minutes ago, TruthfulGnome said:

Okay, really hope it does this is my favourite planet pack and it feels weird to play the normal one lol but last question, will there ever be RVE64K-alike clouds? and will the Jool clouds be updated? not a fan of them

It's likely nothing more will be done on JNSQ, at least not as far as the artwork goes.  @Galileo, who developed all the planets, seems to have lost interest and has moved on to other things.  I can maintain stuff like if a config needs updating, but beyond that I don't want to mess with it.  I want to leave things as is just in case Galileo gets motivated and returns to pick up where he left off.