[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

18 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I have no idea what the problem/solution is.

Bummer, but thanks for addressing it. Maybe the issue is better brought up on the scatterer side. I should gather more information. More testing, more versions of KSP. Especially logs.

Edited by RyanRising

@RyanRising @Kwebib @OhioBob I've run into this scatterer sunrise issue for quite some time, at least since KSP 1.4 on my Purple Space Program playthrough. It doesn't seem specific to JNSQ, though it is much more noticeable on this due to the smaller-appearing sun. Here's an example on Part 8 where I'm returning from Duna and Ike, and I still have the quicksave prior to atmospheric entry backed up in case anyone wants to look at it.

What I have noticed, is this is less of an issue on the surface than it is in low space. In low flight and on the surface this looks like the real world sun at sunrise compared to recent photos I've taken.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 11:46 PM, OhioBob said:

It's likely nothing more will be done on JNSQ, at least not as far as the artwork goes.  @Galileo, who developed all the planets, seems to have lost interest and has moved on to other things.  I can maintain stuff like if a config needs updating, but beyond that I don't want to mess with it.  I want to leave things as is just in case Galileo gets motivated and returns to pick up where he left off.

Sorry for asking (I know 'when, when, when' questions get on peoples nerves), but does this mean there won't be an official JNSQ (or GPP) update for KSP 1.11.1?

11 minutes ago, Black-Two- said:

Sorry for asking (I know 'when, when, when' questions get on peoples nerves), but does this mean there won't be an official JNSQ (or GPP) update for KSP 1.11.1?

Most likely not but you can still use it in 1.11.1 with the latest Kopernicus stable release.

22 minutes ago, Black-Two- said:

As far as I know, nothing requires updating.

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

So i'm new to JNSQ but are there any plans to update JNSQ to 1.11 or a newer version. Also if you aren't and there is a reason you aren't could you explain. thank you

The way I understand it, it doesn't need a specific update to work with KSP 1.11.  It already works.

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

yeah, that's the unified bleeding edge version right?

I would suggest trying the stable release first.  That's what I'm running but I haven't explored all of JNSQ system to see if there are any issues.  YMMV.

Is there an extrasolar planet pack (or even just one planet would be fine) that is compatible with JNSQ, to make use of the warp engines I have?

I installed GEP, but it's only there as a "secondary" star orbiting Kerbol just outside the system.

I'm looking for something far away. Just to be able to launch my kerbals into deep space. (don't worry they like that!)

Part 23: Talos (Finally!)

Spoiler

Sorry for the delays. Real Life got in the way, but on the plus side I have my human anti-virus update for 2021 fully installed. Upload is in progress and should finish within an hour of me submitting this post.

5 hours ago, Factor_X said:

Is there an extrasolar planet pack (or even just one planet would be fine) that is compatible with JNSQ, to make use of the warp engines I have?

I installed GEP, but it's only there as a "secondary" star orbiting Kerbol just outside the system.

I'm looking for something far away. Just to be able to launch my kerbals into deep space. (don't worry they like that!)

Other Worlds Reboot, Extrasolar. There may be others.

Edited by panarchist

4 hours ago, Factor_X said:

-snip-

RJVB's mods (The "Light Levels" series of 3 mods, cross-linked in one another's threads) may be a good test for your warp ships. They are very recently made and great quality, but they don't have the ability to scale themselves to JNSQ's size.

Spoiler

... Yet ;)

7 hours ago, Factor_X said:

You can move Grannus farther away.  Just add the following patch and change the multiplier to whatever you want it to be.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[GEP]
{
	@Body[Grannus]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@semiMajorAxis *= 10		// a multiplier that can be whatever value you want
		}
	}
}

8 hours ago, OhioBob said:

You can move Grannus farther away.  Just add the following patch and change the multiplier to whatever you want it to be.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[GEP]
{
	@Body[Grannus]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@semiMajorAxis *= 10		// a multiplier that can be whatever value you want
		}
	}
}

@Factor_X - You could (in theory) also do this with GPP if using GPP_Secondary - although if you do this, be forewarned that the configuration has a number of steps and will fail if everything isn't done perfectly. (and there might still be conflicts I am not aware of) You'd also need a pretty beefy system to run both systems. I used to use GPP and GPP Secondary all the time before JNSQ, and typically used either Extrasolar or Other Worlds as my "interstellar trip".