[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Well you highlighted my reasoning in your second point, Snacks now has support to add to its base setup now. 

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Supporting a life support mod directly isn't something to be expected from planet mods. Simply try to ignore the extra resources or (very difficult) don't install mods that rely on the CRP and the many resources it provides.

So we going to ignore the existing Kerbalism support in this planet mod? I wouldn't have brought it up otherwise.

55 minutes ago, snkiz said:

Well you highlighted my reasoning in your second point, Snacks now has support to add to its base setup now. 

So we going to ignore the existing Kerbalism support in this planet mod? I wouldn't have brought it up otherwise.

Did you look at the Kerbalism cfg? All it does is add a radiation belt around Lindor and increase the heliopause to an appropriate size for the larger solar system. I don't use Snacks but skimming through the CFGs it doesn't look like it's adding any resource distributions to planets. 

35 minutes ago, snkiz said:

Rational Resources is firstly a resource systems and resource placement mod. Then it's a parts mod, then, to some tiny degree, it's a planet mod (as resource placement is a mechanic directly concerning planets). This is where JNSQ's support for life support mods is. It controls all and fitting locations for Oxygen, Water, Nitrogen and Ammonia for TAC and Kerbalism.

When anyone brings up "Kerbalism support" for a planet mod, they're usually specifically asking about the radiation belts. Sure, that's a thing that threatens kerbal lives but I think doesn't count as life support, and the only involvement with ISRU there is whether you have a place for your kerbals that has plenty of "Shielding" resource which takes the form of Water, Lead, or an EM field from the "Active Shield" EM field emitter part(s).

Just now, somnambulist said:

Did you look at the Kerbalism cfg? All it does is add a radiation belt around Lindor and increase the heliopause to an appropriate size for the larger solar system. I don't use Snacks but skimming through the CFGs it doesn't look like it's adding any resource distributions to planets. 

No, I hadn't yet. I figured the config was there for slightly more complex gameplay/balance reasons. Like actually integrating with rational resources. As I said I haven't had the chance to dig in, I still might come up with something, might even be worth sharing. 

Ty Jade ya the whole LS chain with radiation and stuff that tac and kerbalism have is what I don't want to deal with. I was thinking  more just utilising 'some' of rational resources mechanics for snacks chain, add in water and air. They are space frogs after all. Right? My logic was there may be some values that could be tweaked to balance it within JNSQ. If that' the case I'd be guessing at numbers. Hence my half baked suggestion.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:45 AM, snkiz said:

Ty Jade ya the whole LS chain with radiation and stuff that tac and kerbalism have is what I don't want to deal with. I was thinking  more just utilising 'some' of rational resources mechanics for snacks chain, add in water and air. They are space frogs after all. Right? My logic was there may be some values that could be tweaked to balance it within JNSQ. If that' the case I'd be guessing at numbers. Hence my half baked suggestion.

You're welcome. Simply ignore the extra resources and just focus on what you want. Everything you're about to mess with is already balanced. (Gentle reminder that JNSQ is not just a "pretty" planet mod. It (and RR with it) are supposed to be difficult.) The most you have to do is pack more drills or life support converters, or bring less kerbals so less snacks get eaten. As for Air in particular, you can obtain Fresh Air by either recycling Stale Air in supported crew cabins or processing Oxidizer through the stock Convert-O-Trons. For making Snacks and "rebalancing" things, you can deal with the Ore difficulty by planning your resource scans and your landings more carefully, creating the empty folder RationalResourcesEasy in GameData, or use (what should be available with RR) the alternate Snacks Processor which accepts the Hydrates resource which is nearly everywhere.

10 hours ago, theJesuit said:

@snkiz have you considered Kerbalism Simplex?

Not for a while I'm just revisiting the issue. last I looked any version of kerbalism seemed like still to many hoops for my taste. I've always liked the semi cartoonish feel of snacks. It fits the mo of the game more. Get the point across while being light hearted and not to serious. And bonus, it uses the stock supply chain in its basic form. The problem in the past was it was to simple and just seemed arbitrary. From what I'm reading, now it's pretty flexible. So I could potentially reconfigure it to not rely on ore but a more realistic resource or two. I Don't like how the hitchhiker is the catch all processing station (for a number of mods without models) , but it's easy enough to mod it in to what I want to use it in.

1 hour ago, snkiz said:

Not for a while I'm just revisiting the issue. last I looked any version of kerbalism seemed like still to many hoops for my taste. I've always liked the semi cartoonish feel of snacks. It fits the mo of the game more. Get the point across while being light hearted and not to serious. And bonus, it uses the stock supply chain in its basic form. The problem in the past was it was to simple and just seemed arbitrary. From what I'm reading, now it's pretty flexible. So I could potentially reconfigure it to not rely on ore but a more realistic resource or two. I Don't like how the hitchhiker is the catch all processing station (for a number of mods without models) , but it's easy enough to mod it in to what I want to use it in.

I should look into simplex profile for Snacks as the air and consumables i use in kebalism would fit right in.  I could take my simplex resources too ( three ores not one) to make it a mildly more interesting experience without all the kerbalism extras.  

Peace.

Long delays seem to be my normal intro now. :) 

Spoiler

This was a problem I really needed to solve before continuing this exploration series. I didn't want 100+ year missions and I also didn't want to wait through hours of time warp to get around, but I also had such a drag getting these new parts to orbit. Literally, in some cases.

22 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

Long delays seem to be my normal intro now. :) 

Hide contents

This was a problem I really needed to solve before continuing this exploration series. I didn't want 100+ year missions and I also didn't want to wait through hours of time warp to get around, but I also had such a drag getting these new parts to orbit. Literally, in some cases.

Oh wow,  I made this for my JNSQ game. you can use it your skunkworks program. Source: Chris Hafields twittermQ62hOK.png

WIP new (lakeside) harbor at Darude. Made on request for @Rocketology Available to folks on Discord, but currently only the water launch works. For some reason, the included heli and rover launch don't work. I may be back on a roll with building space centers. I rather enjoyed this and I have other ideas.

Spoiler

Starship in the water. Don't tell @damonvv :sticktongue:

4xeYrc0.png

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

WIP new (lakeside) harbor at Darude. Made on request for @Rocketology Available to folks on Discord, but currently only the water launch works. For some reason, the included heli and rover launch don't work. I may be back on a roll with building space centers. I rather enjoyed this and I have other ideas.

Reveal hidden contents

Starship in the water. Don't tell @damonvv :sticktongue:

4xeYrc0.png

That's a funny looking whale...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I know that question about planet pack are ignored, but I'm asking to the community.
I installed extrasolar and real exoplanets along JNSQ.

Everything's fine except the stars system I added don't have sunflare rendered. I use scatterer for sunflare. The JNSQ main "Sun" sunflare is working tho.

This problem happened with extrasolar alone too...

Does somebody have an experience with this situation ?

Thanks ! :)
Edit : Nvm last scatterer update fixed it for me.

Edited by kurgut

On 5/13/2021 at 10:54 AM, Cruesoe said:

Please use the search, you would have found your answer easily.

JNSQ  requires Kopernicus. Thishas been updated to 1.11 so JNSQ will run in 1.11.

I just tried it on a fresh save with only JNSQ, it's dependencies, Kopernicus and then Kopernicus Bleeding Edge separately, all through CKAN, and it hasn't worked. Crashing at the end of loading. 

Log if you want it, but I haven't found anything myself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tbwu7zml7-nVBiysE1LCmN53-5NLfd_y/view?usp=sharing

Can you post  a screenshot of your game data folder? the file paths look strange.

I'm not an expert but I think scatter is failing because there are eve configs but you don't have eve. I just upgraded my scatter and it works fine.

12 hours ago, mariagorl said:

I just tried it on a fresh save with only JNSQ, it's dependencies, Kopernicus and then Kopernicus Bleeding Edge separately, all through CKAN, and it hasn't worked. Crashing at the end of loading. 

Log if you want it, but I haven't found anything myself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tbwu7zml7-nVBiysE1LCmN53-5NLfd_y/view?usp=sharing

Edited by snkiz