[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 7/17/2021 at 1:32 PM, DeadJohn said:

just curious if there are any plans or dreams for future JNSQ enhancements?

Plans, no, dreams, perhaps.  There are always things we'd like to improve on, but real life and other projects seem to have taken us away from the desire to do any further development at the moment.  We might return to it at some point but I make no promises.

Is this compatible with Principia?

Also this does not load in 1.12. It says the DLL of Kronometes is incompatible with MM. I tried downloading a different Kronometer dll but still doesn't work.

Edited by Sesshaku

1 hour ago, Sesshaku said:

Yes, though with changes.  For instance, Minmus' orbit is moved inside the orbit of Mun.  This and other changes are necessary to assure orbit stability.  JNSQ detects Principia and makes the changes automatically.   

1 hour ago, Sesshaku said:

Also this does not load in 1.12. It says the DLL of Kronometes is incompatible with MM. I tried downloading a different Kronometer dll but still doesn't work.

The Kronometer packaged with JNSQ is outdated and doesn't work.  Also the latest version of Kronmeter (v1.11.0-1) doesn't work with KSP v1.12.  You'll have to wait for Kronometer to update.  In the meantime, you should delete the JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/Kronometer folder.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:37 AM, OhioBob said:

Plans, no, dreams, perhaps.  There are always things we'd like to improve on, but real life and other projects seem to have taken us away from the desire to do any further development at the moment.  We might return to it at some point but I make no promises.

Are the recent-ish commits I see on the GitHub part of those dreams? 

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Yes, though with changes.  For instance, Minmus' orbit is moved inside the orbit of Mun.  This and other changes are necessary to assure orbit stability.  JNSQ detects Principia and makes the changes automatically.   

The Kronometer packaged with JNSQ is outdated and doesn't work.  Also the latest version of Kronmeter (v1.11.0-1) doesn't work with KSP v1.12.  You'll have to wait for Kronometer to update.  In the meantime, you should delete the JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/Kronometer folder.

There's a patched version which does work with 1.12, referenced here

47 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

I've just downloaded it on a new PC, and I can't click start game in 1.12.1

Follow the instructions here, only use Kopernicus Stable Branch for KSP 1.12.1 and overwrite the included Kronometer version with  R-T-B's version.

I got it working without any additional graphic add-ons, but that's only because I didn't try the current Environmental Visual Enhancements, Distant Object Enhancement and Scatterer yet.

So I have a problem with ad astra I installed it like the read me file said but it makes the water orange but all the clouds appear but when I take off ad astra the water goes back to normal so I know its not some of my mods

4 hours ago, logi_22 said:

So I have a problem with ad astra I installed it like the read me file said but it makes the water orange but all the clouds appear but when I take off ad astra the water goes back to normal so I know its not some of my mods

You should ask your question in the Ad Astra thread.  Your problem has nothing to do with JNSQ, and the JNSQ team has nothing to do with Ad Astra.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, VostokV5 said:

Is there any way to remove the palm trees at the KSC?

Yes- open Kerbin’s planetary config file in a text editor (something like Notepad++ or VSCode is recommended) and delete every instance of a City with a name of KSC_palm.

34 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

Is Eeloo supposed to have a rotation period of eight hours or four hours?

The Celestial Bodies PDF says eight hours, which is still pretty quick, but Kerbal Engineer says four hours. The config for Eeloo says 14400 seconds, which is four hours.

My intent was to make it 8 hours, but you're right, it's 4 hours in the config.  I need to change that.  If you want to make it 8 hours for your Eeloo episode, go ahead and change it.