[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

@TheKurgan Shieldnir is also specificially meant to help you survive close encounters with gas giants (if you play the mining giants game). Your SSTO is on the plump side (as usual) :P

Never install Stock Visual Enhancements with a planet pack that changes or removes the stock planets. Any well-made planet pack will tend to include its own cloud pack. Make sure your terrain quality settings are at max. If it's not there, the terrain will be low res and that may explain the "floating trees."

@Stone Blue Kek. I should keep that in mind. I'm well aware OPT is "about one size too large" if I may say. :D

7 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

could potentially bring computers to their knees

Just finished my water cooling loop yesterday... well finished for now ;)

Hasn't brought this modest machine to it's knees yet :) and I run a lot of mods.

Spoiler

FF6crm2.jpg

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Your SSTO is on the plump side (as usual) :P

I resemble that remark!!

She may be plump, but she has no equal!  I prefer to use the word voluptuous...

I had to google the spelling of that word lol

Edited by TheKurgan

yeah... overall JNSQ seems extremely well behaved and easy on performance... *as long as you have the RAM...* :P

Nice looking computer, Kurgan.

Also, I wanted to ask what landing gear you are using in that vid?

*...and HOW does that thing fly so well, with so little wing?....*

I'm almost thinking Jade has OP'd the lifting surface stats on all the *non*-wing parts in OPT... :LUL:
especially considering how HEAVY they are... even moderately loaded...
i managed to break even the largest KF/ALG gear with a simple 106t OPT craft the other day... :(
I had to tweak them to 3x~4x their capacity... and they were still almost maxed out :grimace:

Edited by Stone Blue

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

I'm almost thinking Jade has OP'd the lifting surface stats on all the *non*-wing parts in OPT... :LUL:

Oh no sir. I haven't buffed lifting modules. I've made nearly every effort to nerf drag where appropriate. OPT K in particular may be the least prone to excess drag. Unlike H and J, there's no abundance of parts with little hollow bits right through them to cause little drag cube problems.

8 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Nice looking computer, Kurgan.

Thanks!! 

*...and HOW does that thing fly so well, with so little wing?....*

the OPT-W Large Pylons are actually good wings. It doesn't fly great at low speeds.

Also, I wanted to ask what landing gear you are using in that vid?

The landing gear are the Adjustable Landing Gear (Large) from KerbalFoundries, scaled to 1.5x

Edited by TheKurgan

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

did you have to tweak their stats at all?

Nope, stock stats, just enlarged.

I think they look different with Textures Unlimited installed.

Edited by TheKurgan

My first task is to set up a refueling station in orbit... I have to launch it in about 5 sections and assemble it in orbit.

and several Scansat / science / communication satellites around Kerbin and the moon

Edited by TheKurgan

@AstralWither Are you using KSP 1.7.1 or 1.7.2. you should check that out... I bet a beer you're using 1.7.2

Check the second line in your KSP.log file.

Shouild look like this:

Kerbal Space Program - 1.7.1.2539

and not like this:

Kerbal Space Program - 1.7.2.2556

Edited by TheKurgan

I'll tell you another thing: An unforeseen but wonderful consequence of installing this mod is that heat shields are now relevant. This was actually a nail-biter!

MGdAvYD.png

On another subject, I have every visual mod in the world and I've brightened the sunlight by a factor of 1.5. That being said, is it just me or from about 210 km above the equator does Kerbin look a bit pale?

RAt68yB.jpg

@AstralWither First off, I am not trying to insult your intelligence, I do not know how experienced you are with KSP modding and such.

If it happens to be that you are on 1.7.2 instead of 1.7.1, do the following.

1. Open Steam (if this is where you got KSP from... most likely it is)

• Go to Games
  • View Games Library
  • Right click Kerbal Space Program
  • Go to Betas tab
  • Under Select the beta you would like to opt into: Choose 1.7.1

2. Once the roll-back is complete, go to your SteamLibrary\steamapps\common folder, and copy your Kerbal Space Program folder to some other place on your drive (you should use this copy to run your game from now on).

Run KSP from wherever you copied it to and enjoy this mod working in 1.7.1.

Finally, you can go back into steam, and choose opt out of Betas, this will put your Steam install back to 1.7.2

What I have in steam, is a completely clean and unmodded version of latest KSP... I never use it, I only copy it somewhere else to use it.

MAKE A COPY OF YOUR SAVES FOLDER FIRST!!

Just in case :P

Edited by TheKurgan

1 minute ago, TheKurgan said:

What I have in steam, is a completely clean and unmodded version of latest KSP... I never use it, I only copy it somewhere else to use it.

Yup, me too. My /Users/jefferyharrell/KSP folder, on the other hand, is up to like half a terabyte now.

7 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

@AstralWither First off, I am not trying to insult your intelligence, I do not know how experienced you are with KSP modding and such.

If it happens to be that you are on 1.7.2 instead of 1.7.1, do the following.

1. Open Steam (if this is where you got KSP from... most likely it is)

• Go to Games
  • View Games Library
  • Right click Kerbal Space Program
  • Go to Betas tab
  • Under Select the beta you would like to opt into: Choose 1.7.1

2. Once the roll-back is complete, go to your SteamLibrary\steamapps\common folder, and copy your Kerbal Space Program folder to some other place on your drive (you should use this copy to run your game from now on).

Run KSP from wherever you copied it to and enjoy this mod working in 1.7.1.

Finally, you can go back into steam, and choose opt out of Betas, this will put your Steam install back to 1.7.2

42 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

@AstralWither Are you using KSP 1.7.1 or 1.7.2. you should check that out... I bet a beer you're using 1.7.2

Check the second line in your KSP.log file.

Shouild look like this:

Kerbal Space Program - 1.7.1.2539

and not like this:

Kerbal Space Program - 1.7.2.2556

I clearly know that my game is on 1.7.1, that is the whole reason I asked.

Edited by AstralWither

Warning!  Stock Antenna Bug Found.

Please be advised that we’ve discovered a stock bug that, under some circumstances, may prevent science transmission even when there is an adequate comm signal.  This problem has been tracked down to the antenna range modifier in the game difficulty settings.  Setting the range to any value other than 1 can trigger the bug.

In order to work around the bug, we suggest the following:

Range modifier = 1
DSN modifier = 16

Note that the range modifier must be exactly 1.  If the slider is being uncooperative, you can change the settings in your persistent.sfs file,

CommNetParams
{
     rangeModifier = 1
     DSNModifier = 16
}

This is far from an ideal solution.  Increasing the DSN modifier extends the range over which antennas can communicate directly with the DSN.  However it does nothing to extend the range between vessels.  Therefore relays will be much less effective, and likely inadequate for the scale of JNSQ.  Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that – the bug is a stock issue, not a JNSQ issue.

Hopefully this will just be a stopgap until Squad fixes the problem.

Edited by OhioBob