[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 8/24/2019 at 5:47 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm working on setting up a new install.  I was about to download this, but noticed that the last release was June 17, and that there are 96 updates since.  Do you have a rough ETA for the next release of this?

Thx

Hello,

First Thank you for this great mod!

I don't want to bother you, but I'm working on setting up a new install (after not having played KSP for over 12 moths) and I was wondering,

if there will be a new update in the next days/weeks, because on github there a over 100 new commits...

Or at least a rough ETA of some sort...

Edited by N3N

45 minutes ago, MinimumSky5 said:

@JadeOfMaar I've reinstalled JNSQ, and checked the KSP and Kopernicus versions (1.7.3 + 1.7.3-1), and I'm still having the same issue.

In my case the error of kopernicus appeared after the TransferWindowPlanner update (Version 1.7.1.0).

Waiting for a correction (I hope), with TWP 1.6.3.0 everything works correctly.

Edited by vagabond77

3 hours ago, vagabond77 said:

In my case the error of kopernicus appeared after the TransferWindowPlanner update (Version 1.7.1.0).

Waiting for a correction (I hope), with TWP 1.6.3.0 everything works correctly.

Agreed.  The latest version of TWP is causing problems for a lot of people.  Stick with TWP v1.6.3.0.  Do not upgrade to 1.7.1.0.

6 hours ago, N3N said:

I don't want to bother you, but I'm working on setting up a new install (after not having played KSP for over 12 moths) and I was wondering,

if there will be a new update in the next days/weeks, because on github there a over 100 new commits...

Or at least a rough ETA of some sort...

I have do idea when the next release will come.  People have made changes but I've heard no discussion about releasing an update.  Maybe there's something we're waiting on that I'm not privy to.

You can try downloading the master from the GitHub repo ( https://github.com/Galileo88/JNSQ ).  As far as I know it should work.

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I have do idea when the next release will come.  People have made changes but I've heard no discussion about releasing an update.  Maybe there's something we're waiting on that I'm not privy to.

You can try downloading the master from the GitHub repo ( https://github.com/Galileo88/JNSQ ).  As far as I know it should work.

Hey,

OK, thank you.

Hey all!!

First time using the mod.. is there a known issue or did I do something wrong or could it be a mod conflict where I start up KSP and I always get the "Welcome to KSP 1.7..." screen.  Even if I click on the "Don't show again.." it will come back next time.

2 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

First time using the mod.. is there a known issue or did I do something wrong or could it be a mod conflict where I start up KSP and I always get the "Welcome to KSP 1.7..." screen.  Even if I click on the "Don't show again.." it will come back next time.

I've never had that issue, so I don't think it is JNSQ.

2 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Hey all!!

I had that too. Until I noticed that it doesnt say “dont show again”. It says “show again”. 

Hope that helps :P 

edit: or whatever it shows, it was opposite to what I expected ;) 

Edited by Jognt

As for my earlier post regarding increasing science gains... this is unnecessary. I just had to get clever with a little biome hopping. Though, there wasn't any hopping as far as I'm concerned. Just planting probes into the surface to give me juicy seismic data.
From how long it's taken me in this career save, it's made this a lot more rewarding. The Eagle has landed. Unfortunately I was landing during a full moon and I only had half a month of oxygen, so no blue marble.
KSP_screen.png

I'm using the "Probes Before Crew" tech tree mod, which requires CTT, Strategia, this mod of course, Kerbalism, Restock+ and Nertea's space station parts, along with several technical mods notably BetterBurnTime. I wouldn't be able to land without it, lol

But as you can probably tell, Jeb and Bob nearly met certain doom as not only were the lander cans miserably weak at combatting the immense heat of reentry in JNSQ kerbin, the upper stage only had enough fuel to ensure a direct collision with the atmosphere. After multiple days of anxious aerobraking they began their final descent with nothing to protect them but a depleted heat shield. In a last ditch effort to save their lives the E key was held for many minutes and just as the reaction wheels were failing to maintain enough angular velocity to keep the bottom lander can mere degrees from hell, the temperature began to drop and the day was won.

True story.

ksp_screen_2.png

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract
dramatic story time

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

I had that too. Until I noticed that it doesnt say “dont show again”. It says “show again”. 

Hope that helps :P 

edit: or whatever it shows, it was opposite to what I expected ;) 

Thanks that is what it was .. I thought, that you needed to uncheck the radio button...

I've been developing and flexing my muscles with KK. Behold, the JNSQ KSC Harbor (approx 15km ahead of the KSC Runway) with working launch points for boats, helis and rovers, and other KK modules for gameplay value. Eventually I'll build up something that'll compare (just a bit) to KerbinSide but I say "just a bit" because it currently only involves a very small asset pack made by @Omega482.

This does not intend to be super flashy like @damonvv Tundra's Space Center or @Eskandare KerbinSide Remastered (Omega's contains windmill towers but doesn't contain trees and bushes...and it's a horror to place all those things anyway) but it'll come close. I've completed two other very nice and reasonably large space centers in addition to this.

BxEOGzj.jpg

clt8RHT.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've been developing and flexing my muscles with KK. Behold, the JNSQ KSC Harbor (approx 15km ahead of the KSC Runway) with working launch points for boats, helis and rovers, and other KK modules for gameplay value. Eventually I'll build up something that'll compare (just a bit) to KerbinSide but I say "just a bit" because it currently only involves a very small asset pack made by @Omega482.

This does not intend to be super flashy like @damonvv Tundra's Space Center or @Eskandare KerbinSide Remastered (Omega's contains windmill towers but doesn't contain trees and bushes...and it's a horror to place all those things anyway) but it'll come close. I've completed two other very nice and reasonably large space centers in addition to this.

BxEOGzj.jpg

clt8RHT.jpg

@JadeOfMaar  You know I released that ship pier in KSR, right?

Hi. I got a contract to take science experiments at the arid mountains biome but for the life of me cannot find them. all the mountains I fly over in the arid region are normal mountains and I can't seem to find them using SCANsat either. Would anyone happen to know where about I may find them?

3 minutes ago, Zaccy200 said:

Hi. I got a contract to take science experiments at the arid mountains biome but for the life of me cannot find them.

They don't exist yet :P

On 8/26/2019 at 5:01 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

There shouldn't be any errors in the biome map except that the color for Arid Peaks is missing and that is the cause of any biome related issues in-game.

Edited by MOPC

2 hours ago, MOPC said:

Uw, is that okay? Not sure how can we land on sea :P
 https://imgur.com/VNnjnIx

Yeah, situation should be changed to SPLASHED when the biome is a water type.

Though it may still be possible to complete that contract as is if you try it on the shore depending on how accurate the biome map is. If the sea biomes as mapped protrude onto land anywhere it would work. (not suggesting that as the correct solution; just as a work around)

1 minute ago, Starwaster said:

If the sea biomes as mapped protrude onto land anywhere it would work.

Naw, all landmasses on the biome map are surrounded by Shores biome strip, so that's not possible.
Hmm, does vessel situation changes to Landed when it's on the sea bottom? I noticed some of my probes drown with FAR, but never looked at their situation

11 minutes ago, MOPC said:

Naw, all landmasses on the biome map are surrounded by Shores biome strip, so that's not possible.
Hmm, does vessel situation changes to Landed when it's on the sea bottom? I noticed some of my probes drown with FAR, but never looked at their situation

That... is a good question. I do not know. I don't think I've ever paid attention to the situation of a vessel that actually made it intact to the bottom of the crushing depth of Davy Kerman's Locker...