[1.12.1] JNSQ [0.10.0] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

27 minutes ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Any idea if SVE(Stock Visual Enhancements) works with this mod? Its probably a no since it isnt in the compatibility list but I thought it was worth a try.

(1) SVE doesn't work, and (2) it's not needed as JNSQ includes its own visual enhancements.

1 hour ago, décepteur said:

I've got a question : do you ever plan on implementing axial tilt & oblateness configs for principia users?

We currently have no plans to implement that.

Just now, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Will do, and im assuming it doesnt work on 1.8 atm since Kopernicus isnt updated, from what i have found at least 

No planet packs work on 1.8 because they all require Kopernicus, and Kopernicus hasn't updated yet.  We plan to update to 1.8 once Kopernicus is updated, but we don't know how long it will take.  We also know that 1.8.1 is coming, so it really doesn't make sense to do anything at this point.  We'd like to get the bugs worked out of KSP itself before we consider updating JNSQ.

1 minute ago, OhioBob said:

No planet packs work on 1.8 because they all require Kopernicus, and Kopernicus hasn't updated yet.  We plan to update to 1.8 once Kopernicus is updated, but we don't know how long it will take.  We also know that 1.8.1 is coming, so it really doesn't make sense to do anything at this point.  We'd like to get the bugs worked out of KSP itself before we consider updating JNSQ.

Thanks, apologies if my questions had a bit of an obvious answer to them, was just double checking. 

sorry to sound like a broken record on repeat, but i've deleted all my mods and reinstalled them using CKAN instead.. I now have clouds but something just doesn't seem quite right, the colours are off, certain parts of the sea glitch out with big squares and the dark side of the planet isn't so dark and the clouds are black.. Sorry i'm far from being the smartest tool in the box and am having trouble describing the issue, here is a picture for reference

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1899543386

14 hours ago, Louis93 said:

sorry to sound like a broken record on repeat, but i've deleted all my mods and reinstalled them using CKAN instead.. I now have clouds but something just doesn't seem quite right, the colours are off, certain parts of the sea glitch out with big squares and the dark side of the planet isn't so dark and the clouds are black.. Sorry i'm far from being the smartest tool in the box and am having trouble describing the issue, here is a picture for reference

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1899543386

Are all your mods, specifically Scatterer and EVE, the 1.7.3 compatible versions and not 1.8 versions?

Also check out the 'How to get support' forum thread. Mod lists and Log files will be needed if you want help.

1 hour ago, flart said:

A problem, appeared somewhere around 0.8.1 - 0.8.5 update, which looks like EVE related. 
Sometimes ... clouds touch the KSC. It is fixed after going to map, and back.

Reveal hidden contents

sJSWZG3.jpg

After going to map and back:

0fGNk9U.jpg

Will need more info than that. Please post your logs. 

2 hours ago, flart said:

A problem, appeared somewhere around 0.8.1 - 0.8.5 update, which looks like EVE related. 
Sometimes ... clouds touch the KSC. It is fixed after going to map, and back.

Reveal hidden contents

sJSWZG3.jpg

After going to map and back:

0fGNk9U.jpg

I believe the was an issue in the first release of EVE for 1.8, have you got the very latest EVE?

On 10/22/2019 at 10:11 AM, subyng said:

After being unable to return a spaceplane from barely suborbital flight I think I'll keep DRE but reduce heating to 1/4. Given that JNSQ is 2.7 scale, orbital velocity is proportional to the square root of radius and heating is proportional  to the cube of velocity, heating in JNSQ is about 4x higher than in stock.

An update on this: I was playing with an outdated version of Deadly Reentry. 

With the latest version, with 100% heating, it is well balanced with JNSQ!

In KSP 1.7.3 and JNSQ 0.8.5 I observe dozens of errors in KSP log such as: 

[LOG 16:48:40.686] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map Moho_heightmap (G) for Moho of path JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Moho_heightmap.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 16:48:40.700] [Kopernicus] LoadRestOfReader reallocating buffer to 33554432
[LOG 16:48:40.892] [OD] ---> Map Moho_heightmap (G) for Moho enabling self. Path = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Moho_heightmap.dds
[LOG 16:48:40.894] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map Moho_heightmap (G) for Moho of path JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Moho_heightmap.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 16:48:41.060] [OD] ---> Map Moho_heightmap (G) for Moho enabling self. Path = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Moho_heightmap.dds
[LOG 16:48:41.073] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map Eve_heightmap (G) for Eve of path JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Eve_heightmap.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 16:48:41.281] [OD] ---> Map Eve_heightmap (G) for Eve enabling self. Path = JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Eve_heightmap.dds

How severe are they? Are they always there or might there be any mod conflict?

I actually wish the clouds did that on mine sometimes.......... a foggy morning off the bay would be pleasant to load into once in a while, rather than the nearly always partly cloudy/ completely sunny blue from eve.  Can't wait for this to get updated. lol

On 11/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, subyng said:

Bug report: there is no comm connection to KSC at Darude launchpad!

Not a bug but a feature that's off by default. Go into Difficulty Settings and turn it on under KK: Enable CommNet GroundStations.

kde3OIL.jpg

On 5/30/2019 at 2:00 PM, OhioBob said:

Included in JNSQ is an all-new and exclusive "Sunflare of Maar." Its name is "Esther." It runs in either Scatterer mode or Unity mode (such as Galileo's Flare Replacer mod). To choose which one runs, change the setting in GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Configs\SunflareMode.cfg

@infinite_monkey in the OP.

Wow this mod looks absolutely amazing! I really liked the feel of playing GPP, but I also enjoy the iconic-ness of the stock solar system. This seems like the perfect planet pack as it not Wow this mod looks absolutely amazing! I really liked the feel of playing GPP, but I also enjoy the iconic-ness of the stock solar system. This seems like the perfect planet pack as it not only expands on the existing system like many planet packs do, but additionally enhances the feeling of the stock solar system to keep a feeling of familiarity while experiencing something new. The visuals look excellently done, I love the new looks of the stock planets(those Eve clouds tho! :0) and also the new planets too! I can't wait to play this on my next install once I finish my quarter scale RSS playthrough! 

I also noticed that you were able to allow breaking ground features to spawn on non-stock bodies in this planet pack. Once I saw that the biome/planet spawning of surface features was determined by the rocsdef.cfg file after installing breaking ground, I have made several attempts to make configs to allow features to spawn on non-stock bodies for my OPM and RSS playthroughs to no avail. I was quite surprised to see that you were able to figure that out, as I've only ever seen people modify the spawning of stock features on other stock features, and never a non-stock planet. How were you able to do that if you don't mind me asking? 

Anyways, absolutely amazing looking mod. I can't wait to play it! :3

I recently hopped back into KSP after being gone for a year and, having played RSS/RO in 1.22 and 1.31 pretty much exclusively for my last couple of years, I was looking forward to just puttering around in stock KSP 1.8 for a bit to get used to the new and updated game mechanics.  But, wow, it's ridiculous how I can go anywhere and do anything with such tiny little rockets.  Now I'm debating on rolling back to 1.7.x so I can try JNSQ...

Edited by RoboRay

4 minutes ago, Pleb said:

@RoboRay Do it, once you play in this scale (2.7x stock system size) you won't be able to go back to stock scale again. This is just scaled enough that stock parts will get you where you want to, but you'll need to be a bit more creative than usual... ;)

I hate to say it, but after experiencing JNSQ I have to admit that Size Does Matter. :/

I just can’t go back to stock scale! :o

Edited by Jognt

22 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

I also noticed that you were able to allow breaking ground features to spawn on non-stock bodies in this planet pack. ... How were you able to do that if you don't mind me asking?

We got some special help from the Koperniucs dev who wrote a custom plugin for it.

2 hours ago, Pleb said:

once you play in this scale (2.7x stock system size) you won't be able to go back to stock scale again.

2 hours ago, Jognt said:

I just can’t go back to stock scale! :o

Same here.  Stock scale is just too bloody easy.  JNSQ really hits the sweet spot for me as far as scale goes (about 2.7x stock, but technically 1/4 real scale).  It ratchets up the difficulty but is still quite doable with unmodified stock parts (no SMURFF required).

Edited by OhioBob