Jump to content

[1.8.1] JNSQ [0.9.0] [03 Feb 2020]


Galileo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Why is the repo and download link still removed after a month? Previous versions worked fine.

The download links were all publicly released, removing them only hurts the community. 

@linuxgurugamer @JadeOfMaar @Galileo

If the licensing allows it, will another community member please post a download mirror?

Edited by Tiberius
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why is the repo and download link still removed after a month? Previous versions worked fine.

The download links were all publicly released, removing them only hurts the community. 

@linuxgurugamer @JadeOfMaar @Galileo

If the licensing allows it, will another community member please post a download mirror?

There are reasons which I can't  go in to.

I dont know the timeline, but I do know it will eventually be released again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There are reasons which I can't  go in to.

I dont know the timeline, but I do know it will eventually be released again

This is by far the best planet pack in the game and it’ll be a shame if we have to wait all this time for kopernicus only to have to wait forever for JNSQ. Hope everything gets figured out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2019 at 9:17 PM, Jognt said:

Im guessing that the repo is private for a reason, is there a specific bug/problem users should look out for considering that JNSQ is still available and in use by people?

Any word on this? To rephrase it: Are currently-running JNSQ installs at risk of known bugs/problems, or is the no-link thing purely ‘business-side’?

edit: Going by LLG’s post below, I guess it’s ‘business-side.’

Edited by Jognt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Big Katz said:

This is by far the best planet pack in the game and it’ll be a shame if we have to wait all this time for kopernicus only to have to wait forever for JNSQ. Hope everything gets figured out. 

Just be patient a few days more

For all you out there who are too impatient to wait for a new version, you can download the current JNSQ from here:

https://archive.org/details/JNSQ-0.8.6

and yes, I have permission from @Galileo to provide this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jognt said:

Any word on this? To rephrase it: Are currently-running JNSQ installs at risk of known bugs/problems, or is the no-link thing purely ‘business-side’?

No known bugs or problems.  JNSQ is perfectly safe to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could someone help me with my Duna mission? The dV map states that a trip to Duna should take around 3k dV so I built a probe with a little over 3k dV and timewarped until KER said I was at a transfer window with Duna. My ejection burn was a good bit higher than what the dV map said but it was only a when I went to plan the burn to get into Duna orbit it takes over 3k dV to just get out of an escape trajectory! My orbit also seems to go a good bit beyond Duna, so I feel like I managed to launch at the wrong time. Is it that or did I do something else wrong?

https://imgur.com/7cskZFH

I launched around 13 days before taking this screenshot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CDSlice said:

Could someone help me with my Duna mission? The dV map states that a trip to Duna should take around 3k dV so I built a probe with a little over 3k dV and timewarped until KER said I was at a transfer window with Duna. My ejection burn was a good bit higher than what the dV map said but it was only a when I went to plan the burn to get into Duna orbit it takes over 3k dV to just get out of an escape trajectory! My orbit also seems to go a good bit beyond Duna, so I feel like I managed to launch at the wrong time. Is it that or did I do something else wrong?

https://imgur.com/7cskZFH

I launched around 13 days before taking this screenshot.

Looks like bad timing to me. Did you try Transfer Window Planner?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Tiberius @linuxgurugamer @Jognt the JNSQ repo (and so, its downloads area) is public again (since Monday), as Galileo promised.

Temporary server invite link if anyone is interested: https://discord.gg/ZrZF566 We're highly concerned with security so this link has no time limit but a use limit.

 

Edited by JadeOfMaar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, CDSlice said:

Could someone help me with my Duna mission? The dV map states that a trip to Duna should take around 3k dV so I built a probe with a little over 3k dV and timewarped until KER said I was at a transfer window with Duna. My ejection burn was a good bit higher than what the dV map said but it was only a when I went to plan the burn to get into Duna orbit it takes over 3k dV to just get out of an escape trajectory! My orbit also seems to go a good bit beyond Duna, so I feel like I managed to launch at the wrong time. Is it that or did I do something else wrong?

https://imgur.com/7cskZFH

I launched around 13 days before taking this screenshot.

An ideal transfer will intercept Duna 180 degrees from where Kerbin was, with an apoapsis that doesn't extend so far past Duna. You may have launched at the wrong time and had to burn extra to get any intercept with Duna, but that made your apoapsis way too high. When you reach Duna that high apoapsis requires a large capture retro-burn.

Use DV charts as estimates then visually adjust. KSP 1.7(?) added a widget to the lower right that makes it easy to fine tune maneuver nodes. To get to Duna (or any planet further from the sun), I initially drop my maneuver node above the sunset line of Kerbin, drag the prograde marker to get an approximate intercept, then get a more exact start burn time by using the lower right widget to start the burn a little later than the sunset line. Exact details vary depending on how much TWR a ship has. My goal is to adjust timing so the intercept happens 180 degrees away from Kerbin.

KER transfer timing has been good in KER for me with JNSQ. I suppose a config problem with your install could give incorrect times but I don't think that's likely. A bad launch window should be obvious as you plot your ejection maneuver.

Kerbal Alarm Clock can also calculate transfers. If you try that, pick "formula" not "model" calculations in order to use JNSQ orbital parameters; "model" uses saved numbers based on the stock system.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KSP-AVC users know it's here ( *cough cough* @Galileo teasing harder as usual *cough* ), but can't do anything about it without Kopernicus for 1.8.1. :)

Here's a taste of what things look like, featuring the KSC, the C. Yeager space center, and Lindor.

3BZpAbG.jpg

vcCjWbC.png.st88KJ5.jpg.f9pVIqa.jpg.KAyEPpm.jpg

 

Edited by JadeOfMaar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

KSP-AVC users know it's here ( *cough cough* @Galileo teasing harder as usual *cough* ), but can't do anything about it without Kopernicus for 1.8.1. :)

Here's a taste of what things look like, featuring the KSC, the C. Yeager space center, and Lindor.

 

This has been at the top of my wish-list. Super pumped for the 1.8 version as playing in my stock system has gotten a bit boring.

 

Edited by leatherneck6017
grammar is hard for I
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the next JNSQ upgrade expected to be compatible with saved games from the current version?

I have missions outbound to distant planets (only 20 years left to Nara), large bases on Mun and Minmus, small base on Duna. Shifts to major planet orbits or terran resculpting might kill vessels and missions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Is the next JNSQ upgrade expected to be compatible with saved games from the current version?

I have missions outbound to distant planets (only 20 years left to Nara), large bases on Mun and Minmus, small base on Duna. Shifts to major planet orbits or terran resculpting might kill vessels and missions.

It's very safe. Nothing was changed that can threaten active flights or progression elements. The only threat is that Moho gets a new biome map and can cause ISRU problems but only if anyone just happens to be landed and mining there.

5 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

Now should I wait for Kopernicus 1.8.1 before continuing?

It depends. Since the Kopernicus GitHub is lit with activity now...I expect a new delay to be in progress. I give it 3 days at most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone on Twitter is talking about JNSQ. We'll soon learn if "Monday" means today or a Monday in some future week :)

(P.S. "45 minutes" refers to their stream from the weekend that already happened. That's an independent event from any software release.)

 

Edited by DeadJohn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Someone on Twitter is talking about JNSQ. We'll soon learn if "Monday" means today or a Monday in some future week :)

(P.S. "45 minutes" refers to their stream from the weekend that already happened. That's an independent event from any software release.)

 

FYI, Rocketology had a pre-release version of Kopernicus for testing and display purposes on Twitch.  The stream was told that a bug was found by Team Galileo yesterday that might postpone the release.  Never believe a release will occur on the day advertised since testing could always reveal a flaw.  The Team is group of volunteers who have IRL things to do so holding to any perceived schedule is less important.  As always...soonTM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite the small inconvenience of waiting, I'd prefer to have it done right instead of having it done right now.  So thanks for putting in the work to eliminate all of those annoying bugs that make troubleshooting a new modded install such a pain in the rear.   I'm glad these bugs are being caught in testing instead of out in the wild.

 

Edit:  Just realized I'm not in the Kopernicus thread.  And I don't know how to delete a post.  Ah well, sentiment stands.

 

Edited by nanobug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2020 at 12:50 PM, DeadJohn said:

Someone on Twitter is talking about JNSQ. We'll soon learn if "Monday" means today

That same person also said (or agreed) on-stream that Monday doesn't exist so he trolled you. ;) (He has a top quality funny bone. Lol)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possible bug when using Strategia and JNSQ- when 'Massive Scale Launches 3' is active, there's no way to repair damaged/destroyed facilities. After accidentally knocking down some scenery on the launch pad, I couldn't repair it and instead of a repair button all I got was the message 'stand by'; removing MSL3 from the active strategies made the repair button appear again, so I think there's something about the free repairs part of that strategy that's interfering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...