Jump to content

[1.8.1] JNSQ [0.9.0] [03 Feb 2020]


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

You will need to perform your own surgery and cfg manipulation. Astronomers is not supported by us. Astronomers is built around stock scale. JNSQ is 1/4 real scale. Cloud altitude will be an issue. Also, we made changes to the stock bodies where astronomers will not make sense.

jnsq comes prepackaged with its own visuals and essentially it’s own OPM and it wouldn’t match the same aesthetic anyway.

God bless you guys,

The only reason I was using astronomer was the city lights (bigger than what eve was providing for stock), Just looked at the planet pack.... can't say it with words, but from now on, this is my universe as long as a better one being produced by you maybe lol

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

God bless you guys,

The only reason I was using astronomer was the city lights (bigger than what eve was providing for stock), Just looked at the planet pack.... can't say it with words, but from now on, this is my universe as long as a better one being produced by you maybe lol

Thanks

Ah well you would have been disappointed with AVP then. It’s city lights are made for the Kerbin in the stock game. The land masses on Kerbin in JNSQ are completely different, to they would have been misaligned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Therese The TSC folder inside of KSC Extended contains a config that breaks KK while installed with JNSQ. Delete the TSC folder and KK will resume functioning.

Is there anyway to show KSC Extended ? I mean, if we remove the TSC folder, will the buildings show up?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the early career of JNSQ ( finishing up Mun & Minmus stuff whilst waiting for the first Duna window) and while I knew to expect great things, I've been blown away by the quality of the experience.  There's no going back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dafni said:

Have to agree with you there @Qarisma, the entire pack is exceptionally well made indeed, I love it to pieces. The only thing I changed was the skybox. Gotta love JNSQ.

That was a little thing that dug at me a bit; dropping the finally-good looking stock skybox, now that squad finally made it high-res. :) I know I'll just want to pick one and stick with it, since I start to look for objects/planets against the star backdrop when making intercepts and rendezvous and start to familiarize myself with the apparent constellations.

Edited by Beetlecat
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beetlecat said:

That was a little thing that dug at me a bit; dropping the finally-good looking stock skybox, now that squad finally made it high-res. :) I know I'll just want to pick one and stick with it, since I start to look for objects/planets against the star backdrop when making intercepts and rendezvous and start to familiarize myself with the apparent constellations.

I replaced the stock one because it’s too bright, and it has seams in the corners. lol

but really, while it’s an improvement over the old stock one, the current one is far too bright. Technically, even the one that ships with JNSQ is too bright. It would appear damn near black everywhere, but to break the monotony, I made the stars more visible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I replaced the stock one because it’s too bright, and it has seams in the corners. lol

but really, while it’s an improvement over the old stock one, the current one is far too bright. Technically, even the one that ships with JNSQ is too bright. It would appear damn near black everywhere, but to break the monotony, I made the stars more visible.

Yeah, I guess I should have said "finally *better looking* stock skybox" -- but your point is well-taken. I'm totally down with the "stock-JSNQ" experience because... it just all fits, man... There's just a certain I-don't-know-what about it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Jiraiyah The quote is the answer to your question, my dude. :/

Sounds like I'll have to reinstall everything, or start removing mods until it works. I don't have ksc extended in my gamedata folder, so something is off. Maybe it's hidden itself :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Galileo said:

Ah well you would have been disappointed with AVP then. It’s city lights are made for the Kerbin in the stock game. The land masses on Kerbin in JNSQ are completely different, to they would have been misaligned. 

i was looking for mods to download so i found this mod. so i haven't seen the new kerbin but what do you mean by different could i get a map maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zeilden said:

i was looking for mods to download so i found this mod. so i haven't seen the new kerbin but what do you mean by different could i get a map maybe?

Continental shape are different. It’s not the kerbin you have seen for 9 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zeilden said:

but what do you mean by different

By different we me that it is an entirely new planet.  All the celestial bodies in JNSQ are completely redone.  They retain their original names, and their relative positions as sizes are mostly the same, but otherwise they are all new.  There are also new bodies added.  Here's a photo album with some nice screenshots of each planet and moon:

https://imgur.com/a/n9XBUdW

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

By different we me that it is an entirely new planet.  All the celestial bodies in JNSQ are completely redone.  They retain their original names, and their relative positions as sizes are mostly the same, but otherwise they are all new.  There are also new bodies added.  Here's a photo album with some nice screenshots of each planet and moon:

https://imgur.com/a/n9XBUdW

thank you 

and galileo interesting idea to give kerbin a continental tilt

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 9:45 PM, Galileo said:

I don’t what you are trying to say, but logs would be of some use here.

I no longer have the logs, but this is easily reproduced.

I took some contracts (3 contracts) to rescue some kerbals from minmus (stock contracts, no mod) and they were spawned in an orbit that crashed into the ground before i can get there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eberkain said:

How/where are the ground stations defined in JNSQ?  trying to figure out a way to get the Commnet Constellation ground stations to play nice.

Ground stations are exactly where they are in stock. They don’t move. Have you made the recommended adjustments to the DSN modifier? If not, you will have a much harder time getting things working.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eberkain said:

How/where are the ground stations defined in JNSQ?  trying to figure out a way to get the Commnet Constellation ground stations to play nice.

The ground stations are not re-defined. They are randomly relocated when Kerbin is replaced. If Galileo's answer doesn't work for you, raise this issue with the Constellation dev.

9 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I no longer have the logs, but this is easily reproduced.

I took some contracts (3 contracts) to rescue some kerbals from minmus (stock contracts, no mod) and they were spawned in an orbit that crashed into the ground before i can get there.

This is a known and very old issue. Never accept rescue contracts in scaled games. KSP does not adjust the altitude range when the bodies are changed and resized. If you know of a mod that fixes this, do let us know, and start using that mod.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, Galileo said:

When starting new saves under JNSQ, we advise that you enter Difficulty Settings and raise the DSN modifier to 4x. JNSQ applies a patch to increase antenna range by 4x, so leave the range modifier at 1 (changing it triggers a bug that may prevent science transmission).

Yikes. I just reread that and have been doing it in reverse! Range was 4 DSN was 1. My antenna choices were still matching up pretty well with the antenna diagram installed with JNSQ.

I did a full playthrough of 1.7.3 without science transmission bugs. If I understand antennas correctly, though, my error probably allowed relays to chat with each other too easily.

My 1.8.1 playthrough is fairly early, not yet past Minmus but a lot of science collected. I think I should fix my antenna settings now, but do you see any issues changing it midgame?

Edited by DeadJohn
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Yikes. I just reread that and have been doing it in reverse! Range was 4 DSN was 1. My antenna choices were still matching up pretty well with the antenna diagram installed with JNSQ.

Although you did it backwards from what we suggest, you are right in that the results would still match up to our diagram.  The distance over which antenna/DSN can communicate is proportional to square root of the product of the Range/DSN modifiers.  The way that we suggest doing it, both Range and DSN modifiers are 4.  But the way you did it, DSN is 1 and antenna are 16 because they get multiplied by 4 twice.  So antenna to DSN range comes out the same, SQRT(4*4) = SQRT (1*16).
 

Quote

If I understand antennas correctly, though, my error probably allowed relays to chat with each other too easily.

That's correct.  Although antenna to DSN range was correct, antenna to antenna range got increased by SQRT(16*16) = 16, which is 4 times what we recommend.
 

Quote

I did a full playthrough of 1.7.3 without science transmission bugs.

You were lucky then, because I had all sorts of science transmission problems when I played.  I typically didn't have too much problem when near Kerbin, but the problem seemed to rear its ugly head more frequently when the signal got weaker.  Also moving out of signal range and then back in again almost always resulted in the inability to transmit science.  (Squad still hasn't acknowledged my bug report on the issue.)
 

Quote

My 1.8.1 playthrough is fairly early, not yet past Minmus but a lot of science collected. I think I should fix my antenna settings now, but do you see any issues changing it midgame?

Changing mid-game is no problem, but it probably requires a game restart for the new settings to take effect.  It is also important that the Range modifier be exactly 1.  The slider can be a bit temperamental at times.  If you can't set it exactly to 1, you may have to edit the persistent.sfs file of your saved game.  Just search for rangeModifier and change the value.
 

Edited by OhioBob
Link to post
Share on other sites

The distant objects mod allows you to dim the skybox if anyone is finding it to be too bright. It also has dynamic dimming that will make the night sky even less bright while in a planet with an atmosphere or when looking at a bright object.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Qarisma said:

The distant objects mod allows you to dim the skybox if anyone is finding it to be too bright. It also has dynamic dimming that will make the night sky even less bright while in a planet with an atmosphere or when looking at a bright object.

Yes, and we have a custom cfg for it. While it dims it, I tried to accomplish a dark aesthetic with the skybox so people could play without DOE as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Galileo said:

Ground stations are exactly where they are in stock. They don’t move. Have you made the recommended adjustments to the DSN modifier? If not, you will have a much harder time getting things working.

So I went back and took a closer look and it does seem like the CC ground stations match the JNSQ KK ground stations perfectly.  But there are a few extra CC ones...

NorthStationOne at 63.1 -90.1

Mesa South at -59.6  -25.9

Harvester Massif at -11.9  33.7

Nye Island at 5.4   108.6

Crater Rim at  9.4  -172.1

Larkes at 44.7 137.0

this is a screenshot with all the KK stations on and occlusion off., which led me to think something wasn't working right, but it may all be fine actually.    

nYA7VEJ.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eberkain said:

So I went back and took a closer look and it does seem like the CC ground stations match the JNSQ KK ground stations perfectly.  But there are a few extra CC ones...

NorthStationOne at 63.1 -90.1

Mesa South at -59.6  -25.9

Harvester Massif at -11.9  33.7

Nye Island at 5.4   108.6

Crater Rim at  9.4  -172.1

Larkes at 44.7 137.0

this is a screenshot with all the KK stations on and occlusion off., which led me to think something wasn't working right, but it may all be fine actually.    

nYA7VEJ.png

I'm guessing that CNC is grabbing an additional *stock* list of commnet station points, regardless of what setting(s) we chose in KK options? Those names are definitely the standard ones. Are you also using Kerbinside Remastered, or just JNSQ and CNC? Short of making a JNSQ "patch" to move things around, just parking unwanted stations on an unused CNC channel will eliminate them being a nuisance.  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...